lets say you're stranded on an island made of yarn

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

G is my favorite for baby afghans for Project Linus because fewer 'holes' are better for those. Since, that's what I make most, G would be my answer.

I'll take anything between a G and a K though really. I'm not a big fan of N or above, to bulky in my hands.

What a great question!

I have been using an H hook most often lately. So right now I would have to say H. But I use a lot of F or G when making toys. So I guess it depends on what I was into making at the time that I got stranded.

tatatatatatatatatatat

#1 choice..... H (32)

#2 choice..... G (16)

#3 choice..... F (9)

#4 choice..... J (8)

#5 choice..... I (6)

#6 choice..... K (5)

#7 choice..... E (1)

I would have guessed H for #1, but was totally wrong for the rest.....

In fact i was surprized that N's didn't show since I (being a crochet dummy) thought that size hook would be pretty universal. But that's just me.

Note that I only counted the first choices where there was an option (eg H or I)

Lets keep it going and see if this order holds up.

Pretty interesting eh? I wonder if the big hook makers know this kind of info... or maybe the Ville otta sell it to them and make a little extra dough for the cause?

oh wait... they probably read this and now they already know. Oh well, there's still the auction....

just thought i'd bump this since it dropped off after last night when i posted the above results.

I'd still like to get more numbers..... hint hint

On an island full of yarn...I'd assume it's worsted weight so I'd choose an

I

to make lots of afghan squares! That makes it 7 for the I's.

:manyheart:hug

Interesting results. I am kinda surprised there weren't more K and above votes myself. I don't enjoy anything above a K much, but I know there are tons of afghan patterns for them. If making clothes, I wouldn't want much above a J because then the fabric get too loose and holey for my tastes...

Archived