I've been inspired

sem464

Well, after the stitch markers we saw the other day, I was inspired. I had everything I needed already here. Gee, can you tell I have alot of stuff:lol . So here is what I did with what I had! Funny little story about these things. I was making them right quick before church. (you know, always trying to squeeze something in) My daughter, 16, saw one of them & said "that would match perfectly with what I am wearing". So, needless to say she talked me in to making a matching one & she wore them to church last night & school today!:lol :lol She said thanx mom, now I know you can make ear rings.:eek

480x360_stitchmarkers1.jpg

The shiny beads are miracle beads & the others are 7mm white pony beads. I did use head pins, because that is what I had. I am good that way. (or is that just being cheap):lol

Those are so cool, I'm going to have to try that, I have some of those earring wires, I just need to hunt up my beads and get some pins.:yay

:frog

Diamond used eye pins for hers. Those are - pins with a loop on the end - these you close at the bottom. Head pins have a flat top that holds the beads and then you just take needle nose pliers to loop and close the other end thru the ear ring.

Great job, Shari. Was really easy wasn't it?? How did the head pins work for you? Did you find it easy bending the tip over the earring wire? I have some, just haven't tried them yet. But I am curious which is easier to use.

It's funny about your daughter wearing them. While I was making mine, my daughter said they would make cute earrings as well. She can't wear costume jewelry or silver...only gold...so I lucked out because she couldn't wear them.

Again, great job. Am glad you could use the instructions I wrote. :clap

What are the head pins you are talking about? Thanks.:think

If you go to this thread you will see in the bottom left corner Eye pins.

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5612

Eye pins have a loop already made on one end, the other end is like a straight pin but not as pointed. Head pins have a flat head on one end instead of a loop, the other end is pointed like a straight pin.

Eye vs Head:

With an eye pin you can just slip the finished creation over whatever you are attaching it to. But you have to bend the end after beading so there is always a small loop visable at the bottom of the beads or creation.

With a head pin the bottom of your creation is neater, the beads sit flat against the head of the pin. But you have to bend the tip over whatever you are creating (in this case, the earring wire). If you aren't sort of neat about it, the loop you made bending over the wire can look lopsided or not neat.

This is my personal opinion and I'm not saying one is better than the other. I made my first ones out of the eye pin only because it's the package I picked up first when I started. Will try the head pins next as I bought a package of each to make these.

The head pins probably took a second longer to fasten on than the eye pins would have. I would definitely try them if you have them. Thanks again for the great idea. I know what might be sneaking their way into some packages:lol

The head pins probably took a second longer to fasten on than the eye pins would have. I would definitely try them if you have them. Thanks again for the great idea. I know what might be sneaking their way into some packages:lol

And in my packages too! :hook

How very versatile... stitch markers that can also be worn as earrings! :lol I guess that means earrings can be used as stitch markers, but I'm not telling anyone that here because I want to make some! :clap

:frog

Archived