July Charity Square-A-Long: July 20th - 23rd!

Hello!! I had plans of leading the July Charity Square-A-Long this weekend, but because of an injury to my left arm I am going to lead it next weekend instead! :yes

If you would like to join us Friday (July 20th) through Monday (July 23rd) to make any size and any color squares for any charity of your choice, please sign up and join us then! :clap

"SEE" you next week!! :cheer:yarn:cheer

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope your arm mends quickly. I will be joining the square along next weekend. I'll be out of town part of the weekend but of course I will be taking yarn and a hook with me.

I'm in that will be perfect since my Dad will be having an operation on Thursday and I was just going to sit at home and wait on phone calls for progress that weekend.

I will be joining you it has been a while since I have done this and it will be nice to do something that isn't a huge gahn or anything like that. I can't wait!

Lavender I hope your arm heals quickly!!

Thanks for your well wishes and prayers for my arm! :manyheart

And WELCOME BACK everyone who is joining us again! And to our newbies, you will enjoy being here, I'm sure! :cheer

Heather, I'll be praying for your Dad's surgery! :hug

Yay... I should be able to join this month! I hafta work Fri & Sat morn too, but hubby goes to my mom's all weekend (re-building her bathroom) so I don't hafta cook, clean or do laundry! :lol I'M IN!

I am in! Where is a good place to donate them? Any pattern right?

if you look under comfortghans or the charity section, there are lots of places/ people looking for squares. and yes, you can usually do any pattern your heart desires.

I am in! Where is a good place to donate them? Any pattern right?

I know that some of craft stores named "Michael's" participates in the "Warm Up America" charity drive. Here's a link to give you information about their drive. http://www.warmupamerica.com/how.html

If you don't have a participating Michael's store in your area, you can always mail them directly to the Warm Up America group.

I'm in! Making a comfortghan. I'll be working on it while doing a garage sale, but hopefully I'll get some squares done!

It's time to bring out the yarn and hooks!!!! :hook

Here we go, I had to start work early today due to car issues and I was able to get 1 square done before 8 am!!:cheer

I'm in for this one. I've been making 15 inch (or there abouts) sq's for the local NICU for the preemies. I have not worked on them in a while so this will be good motivation. LOL, I won't be getting the most done at 15 inches though!!

GOOD MORNING, AFTERNOON, AND EVENING - depending on where you live! :yay

How is everyone doing?! I see some of you have already gotten started - WTG!!! I'm still having some problems with my arm, but I think piecing together squares I've already made will not be too taxing on my arm! :yes

What I'm making right now with squares are lapghans for Veterans. I have made them in all different colors, some with mostly solids and some that are variegated! And then some that are solids and pieced together with variegated yarn!

Okay, I'm off to shower after a 4 mile walk at the mall, and then I'm going to start piecing squares together! Remember, it doesn't matter what size or pattern, you can donate to any charity you wish, and even doing one square is a BIG success!!

Let's go, team!!! :cheer :cheer :cheer

Well . . . I had a nice long and descriptive post that I submitted, but it didn't post! :think

To sum up what I already said (which is probably being held hostage by the frog fairy!), I pieced together 24 squares today, couldn't trim more than one set of four (because of my arm and elbow pain), and will piece together the other 12 for this Veteran's lapghan tomorrow! Then I will pull out other squares and start sewing them together for a future lapghan! :clap

I'm thankful that I can sew these together, but I have to admit I'm bummed I can't do my normal crocheting them together and trimming them up a little more quickly! That's okay, though! I'm going to focus on what I CAN do and not on what I can't do! :)

Praying this one goes through! Can't wait to hear how you guys are coming along! Post away! :cheer

Didn't get to start as early as I wanted to today with work n' all... so I've got 5 - 6" squares to claim tonight before I go to bed. I'm thinking, tomorrow looks much better! :)

Well I've gotten 6 squares almost done I did all the middles now just need to put the border on to make them 6 inches. I'm going to try to get 30 squares this weekend for a lapghan to go to the nursing home.

Ooooh! I just now saw this, and I would like to join in. I have tons of scraps, and I'm working on an afghan using "homeless" squares that others have given me to make afghans into. I still have a long way to go with them, but I plan on just grannying (is that a word?) the yarn I have, and just see how many I can make. :) So, tonight, I didn't start just yet, finishing other projects, but I will tomorrow and Sunday. I'll be making them as big as I can with the balls of scrap that I have, hopefully 6-12" or so. :)

This is fun!

Victoria

Archived