July Charity Square-A-Long: July 20th - 23rd!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got 2-6" done last night. I have a sick baby wannting me so it was hard to get any where. Hopefully he will sleep a little more today and I can get more done.:yarn

I was able to get 9-6" squares done in camo for a comfortghan for a friend of someone on the ville. They're regular grannies, and it took a 5 oz ball to make them, with about 2 yards of yarn left over, whew! That was cutting it close, but I like to have as few scraps as I can. :) I'll see what else I can do today, but I hear my boy is awake from his nap, so not sure what I'll do. To read about the comfortghan that I'm helping with, go to the thread:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=49196&page=2

Everyone is doing great so far!! :)

Victoria

i got 3 6" squares done last night, then had to stop and read that book we arent to speak of. i will be working on more tonight.

(please dont ban me, i didnt spoil anything)

Well, I guess I'm the slow one this time around. I've been on a youth retreat with the church youth group since Thur. AM and thought I would get some squares made on the 3 hour van ride home, instead I kept falling asleep. Hopefully tomorrow and Monday will be more productive.

Hello! I'm afraid I'm not getting posts AGAIN from C'Ville, and I don't know what the deal is? I get some, and then I get none!

Anyway, I pieced together the last 12 squares for the Veteran afghan I'm working on. That gives me a total of 36 pieced together! I will try again tomorrow to crochet the edging around the remaining sets of four and then altogether! If my arm/elbow aren't cooperating, I will be sewing together more squares that I have waiting for me (THANKS to Lucy who participated here before)!

Vonnie, tell us more about this hook you have and are passing!

WTG to everyone here participating!! :cheer:yes:yay

I only got one square done yesterday bringing my total to 3, I have a lot of running to do today, but hopefully I'll get at LEAST one more square done today. And maybe some tomorrow too!

Let's see if my pc cooperates this time...

Yesterdays total was 14 - 6" squares and a bunch of granny's daughters

for a total of 19 so far. I haven't started anything yet today because I'm a slacker, but we'll see how far I can get :D

I have 2-3 bags full of granny squares approx. 5-6" each, that were donated. They were made with all scrap yarns and different colors. The last round is done up in black. My job is to assemble then into afghans. I have already put together 2 big afghans from these squares. What I have left will make 2 or 3 more. These are to be donated to the local Linus organization.

I'm working on filling a 1 gallon ziplock bag with granny's daughters (the first round of a granny square), and I'm over 1/2 way done. I'm also working on a scrap afghan for charity. What I do, is get a small (fist or smaller sized) ball of yarn, make the biggest square I can out of it without having any 1/2 rounds, and then use what is left for granny's daughters. The neat thing, is that usually the squares have been about 3-4 rounds big, and I usually have enough for several granny's daughters with what is left. Then, when I have like, one yard left, I tie it onto a magic ball that I'm thinking about making a purse or rug out of. So, it's slow to use all these tiny balls, but it's something. :) Also, angelfire is accepting the granny's daughters if anyone needs someone to give those to, and she is fine with working in the ends too, so that means I can go faster lol. Here's a thread about what she's doing:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=52535

Keep up the great work everyone! :) Anyone have some good pictures? I love pictures!! I'll try to put up some later too.

Victoria

Good morning! I was able to get a few more done yesterday. My baby is feeling better and letting me crochet!! I am going to donate them to project rest assured. Hopefully I will have enough for a blanket. They are requesting 12" squares, so I had to go back and make some lardger. No biggy. Then I am making some Grannys Daugters also. Good job so far to every one! It sure makes me happy knowing I am doing somehthing good for others.

WOW - I see some of you are new to joining us, and we've all gotten MUCH done - - - YEAH, TEAM!! :cheer

I have been able to finish trimming all of the 9 - 4 square sections and sew them altogether! SO, that means I've finished a 36 square lapghan for one of our Veteran's!! :yay

Either tonight or tomorrow I will see how many squares I can piece together for the next one! I may attempt to make some more granny's daughters, too, if my arm/elbow cooperates! I have 70 of those made up right now, but you can never have enough on hand for those times when you need to whip some squares together and need a little inspiration from the variety on hand! :hook

Keep on working and posting how you're coming along! I'm EAGER to see what all we have accomplished by the end of this round! We have the rest of today and all day/night tomorrow! :yes

Chat with you again soon!

I'm just about to sign off for the night, but I thought I would post that I got another 30 squares pieced together! I still have to edge this second lapghan, but that can wait! My arm is TIRED, and I'm DONE for today!

Chime in and let us know how YOU'RE doing!! :cheer:clap:yay

"SEE" you guys tomorrow! NIte!

Well I got 8 more 6 inchers done today and have 4 ready to finish up. I'm at 25 total so far and only need 30 for this lapghan but I might go ahead to 36 if I get a chance to tomorrow. Or I guess it's later today :lol

10 more 6" squares was yesterdays final... I'm guessin' I won't get many done today with work n' all, but we'll see....... :)

I got 6 squares done yesterday! Hope to get about the same amount done today! I have no idea what size they are, I'll measure them today!

Hello! I just pieced together 24 more squares for another lapghan, and I'm DONE for this round! And here are my totals . . .

This round I made 3 Veteran lapghans piecing together 90 squares! One is completely done, and the other two need to be given bows, their ends hidden, and given a trim of at least one row, maybe more! For now, though, I am going to give my arm/elbow/hand that is bugging me a well deserved rest! :hook

Can't wait to see everyone's totals!!! You still have the rest of the day, so keep on going if you are able!! :yay:cheer:yay

Archived