Dollar tree and Lion's Incredible ribbon

tigermom

I just went there to pick up some snack zip bags and just happened to see they had yarn. The had all kinds of fun fur and eyelash yarn, which I've seen there before, and a ton of Incredible ribbon yarn! I bet there were over 100 balls there!! I bought 10 balls of autumn leaves and I'm thinking fo going back to get a few other colors. Has anyone crocheted with this and is it a pain? I want to make a short jacket to wear with dress slacks. I thought the autumn leaves would look really good with black slacks. I think the next color I get will be the carnival. Now off to find a short jacket pattern! I told the girl at the check out how much I saved and she couldn't believe it.

I recently found 2 balls of the autumn leaves at Big Lots for $1 each so I am going to make a run to the dollar tree immediately! I had never worked with it before either, but I really liked it! I made the SNB one skein scarf and was really pleased with the way it turned out! I got the last two balls and hope to find more for a matching purse! thanks for sending out the alert! Hope they have it here!

I've used it to make a hat and scarf. It tends to snag easily and unravels. Be sure to tie a knot in the ends. It can be hard sometimes to see the stitches, but easier than Homespun. I wouldn't recommend it to a beginner.

I love working with Incredible ribbon but can't really afford the balls (6$ each is lowest I've seen). I'd snag up everything I see if I had a dollar tree stocking it. No dollar trees here, sadly.

PS In Amazing Crochet Lace there is a gorgeous top using Incredible ribbon. I would recommend trying it for a start because it's a very straightforward seeming pattern.

I bought about 10 balls of the Incredible Ribbon in the Autumn Leaves colorway, which I think is gorgeous. It was supposed to be for a Poncho, but after about a dozen rows I didn't like how it was coming out... sort of stiff with very little drape, even though I was using a large hook.

I just made a purse using it in Tunisian Stitch, which came out really nice. I'm not crazy about working with it. It tends to twist up as you work, so I am constantly having to stop and let it untwist.

About a year ago I made a couple of scarves using two strips of hairpin lace, which came out gorgeous. However, after wearing it a couple of times, the lovely loops of the hairpin lace got all smushed down. I am going to try to make a short mobious scarf with it this week, but I'm not sure it will have enough drape.

So, I guess I have a love/hate relationship with it.

Joan

I just went back and bought 30 more balls. 10 each in carnival, blues and blacks.

You are so lucky!

I used it with some Patons Katrina to make a shawl for my daughter and it turned out great.

That's such a great price! I'll have to check out my Dollar Tree.

:manyheart

I was at our Dollar Tree over the weekend and they didn't have any Incredible :no

But they DID have Fun Fur Stripes, Color Waves :clap and uhhmmm... Jiffy for babies.

I can't wait to check out my Dollar Tree!! Although we're a little slower here on the West Coast in getting yarn shipments...

I just got the new Annie's Hooked On Crochet August 07 issue and on the front cover is a cute jacket made with ribbon yarn! I'd omit the tassles / fringe though...

Cheers,

~k

One of the crochet magazines had a hat pattern for ribbon yarn. They used Berrocco Suede ribbon. I tried it with the Incredible, and loved it!! I think the color I used was City Lights......

I love working with Incredible ribbon but can't really afford the balls (6$ each is lowest I've seen). I'd snag up everything I see if I had a dollar tree stocking it. No dollar trees here, sadly.

PS In Amazing Crochet Lace there is a gorgeous top using Incredible ribbon. I would recommend trying it for a start because it's a very straightforward seeming pattern.

I just bought 6 balls of the Autumn Leaves and am not sure what to do with it. I wasn't sure how much would be needed for a top. How many balls does it call for for this top? I'm not sure if I will make a top though. I was thinking maybe a shrug to go with a brown tank, and then maybe a purse too. Do you think six balls is enough?

:eek :eek Holy cow!! I've got to hit up the Dollar Tree!! :eek :eek Thanks for the heads up! I'm so excited! I love using the different fun furs for scarves on the Knifty Knitter, although I refuse to crochet with it unless it's paired with something else. It frustrates me too bad! :blush

Heehee, me again. :) I just got back from my local Dollar Tree and I can't wait to go back with money! They have LB Fun Fur, Fancy Fur and Paton's Voodoo. I know lots of you ladies aren't into the Fun Fur, but if you are and you're in the Petersburg VA area, hit up the Dollar Tree on S. Crater! But not before me. :P

Well, I have got to check out my dollar tree here in GA tomorrow. I think I saw this at Michael's for $2 on Saturday and loved the colors. I was wondering what to crochet out of it as scarfs and hats are out of the question because it is warm year round here. A short jacket sounds lovely. Any pattern suggestions? I want to try it.:lol

I've looked and looked for a short jacket pattern and I just might have to wing it. I can't find just what I am looking for. If anyone finds a suitable pattern let me know!

I checked out one of the dollar stores here today (I don't even remember what it's called, I just call it 'the dollar store next to Staples' LOL!) and all they had was a few skeins of Fun Fur. I guess I'll have to try to poke my head in there every so often to check out the yarn situation - I normally don't shop at dollar stores much, but I may have to change my ways if they have yarn on a regular basis...

Think I found a short jacket pattern I like. On the Lion site there is one called matinee swing jacket. It uses Homespun which is interchangable with incredible. Just might have to try it. I have to check out the yardage needed.

My local Dollar Tree has lots of fancy fun fur, Jamie baby in white, and a big stash of Lion baby yarn in that deep mint green ... bought myself 5 of those yesterday (a 5 oz. skein for $1? What a bargain!)

Archived