Yoko Suzuki's Square

mimicat

I was looking for some bedspread patterns from my books, and found this particular motif irresistible.

542774920_ef1f62cd80_m.jpg

Since the pattern did not have a name, I just called it by the designer's name ;) Its supposed to measure 40cm square using size 3 thread. But I used size 8 thread and 1.5mm hook, so mine turned out to be 8 inches square, or just a teeny bit bigger than 20cm square. The pattern required 24 motifs. I estimate 90 motifs using size 10 or size 8 thread, to be able to make the same size of bedspread shown in the book...:eek

I'll just be content for now with this square :hook

WOW!!! That will make one beautiful bedspread!!

How about taking a year or so to get it done - that's what I'm doing with my tablecloth. I've been on it for about 6 months (working on it 1 hour a day, sometimes more, sometimes less) and have it a little over 1/2 done - hope to have it on the Christmas table.

Thanks so much for your nice comments! :hook

WOW!!! That will make one beautiful bedspread!!

How about taking a year or so to get it done - that's what I'm doing with my tablecloth. I've been on it for about 6 months (working on it 1 hour a day, sometimes more, sometimes less) and have it a little over 1/2 done - hope to have it on the Christmas table.

Thanks for saying that, I will consider doing the bedspread, or maybe just settle for a lapghan :)

Goodluck on finishing your tablecloth before Christmas :hook

it's a lovely square :) all those motifs though.. girl you're game :)

That is a beautiful square and you did an excellent job on it. Your work is very tide (I can only find tidy in the dictionary myself) I love motifs and this is one to savour and enjoy.

Birdlady... I was thinking I would change those to puff stitches because I so dislike popcorns

Yoko Suzuki is one of my favorite designers! She has many interesting and intriguing designs, which is why I love her creations. I love this square--very unique! Great job!:yay

~ Lori

I love it the first time I saw it in your blog. As a bedspread, I am not sure whether it feels comfortable with the bobble though. Do you think it's looks nice without bobble?

Archived