hmmm... never saw one of these before...

so i'm looking for free shrug and cardigan patterns because they're my favorite thing to make and i pop into this little combo: crochet vest and pants with fringe, and i've never seen anything like it.

it definitely looks to be a very old photograph.

i know one member here recently posted a pants and poncho set she had made and that looked pretty cool, but other than that i've not seen crocheted pants. crocheted skirts and dresses, yes, but not crocheted pants. well, except for baby clothes...

Of course, if you make this, you really must do your hair like the photo or it simply won't work. :lol

Or maybe just walk around with that haughty expression the model is exhibiting... :think

Boy, that's a find! You simply must make those pants...you could start something, ya know.:yes

I think I REALLY have to make these sometime. I also want to do that poncho and pants set that someone else made. I know my kids would probably never wear them but oh well. It's just that type of project for me to make just to say I did it.

Hugs and Cookies

Auntie K

I was flipping through a book mocking vintage models and garments, and there was a pair of either knitted or crocheted bicycle shorts from the 1980s. (Does anyone else hate that the 1980s is in a vintage-themed book?)

The bicycle shorts were, shall we say, a bad idea. They looked less like a garment protecting the model's modesty and the public's peace of mind, and more like the piped icing around the top of a birthday cake. Which may be fine, in the right context, but I think biking in the park is not one of them.

~ Joy

Tee hee hee..... I bet I could get my 10 (almost 11) year old daughter to wear them, as long as the stitching was tight enough to not show her underpanties. She likes almost anything I make and she has her own unique sense of style, which I think is a good thing :)

Tina

Oh Funky, you need to make that and wear it to WORK. I'm sure the Judge would love it.

Oh, GREAT idea! He already says I'm "special"...:D

He teases me when I'm crocheting and says, "oh, that's a fetching schmata you're making." But then he did drop a VERY big hint about how nice it would be to have an afghan for his couch in chambers for when he takes a nap:blush

Spanx.

:yes

I don't know about a slip for pants, but they do make a slip for capri pants, well a slimmer actually but it would serve a similar purpose I think

My sister had a pair of crochet trousers (pants). I'd completely forgotten about them until I saw this thread. She would've been maybe 8 or 10 years old when she wore them, I'd have to ask her. It was (obviously) in the seventies :) They were turquoise and white, and I totally envied her for them! I must ask my mum about a lining, there must have been something there as her knickers didn't show through. Wow, what a trip down memory lane. I still think they're pretty, but surely it must feel heavy to have all that yarn hanging off your waist?

Archived