Katchkan's Viceroy Shawl CAL

Krystal16

Well, unfortunately, I've been working off of my computer because I haven't had time to sit and enlarge the grid and print it out! :eek

If I had taken THAT time, I wouldn't have wasted time frogging and re-doing. (Lesson learned)

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, I am in the middle of row 10 :eek , where we start the bottom of the decoration. It seems the stitch covers two rows, rather than one, if you look at the closeup of Kathy's shawl (see message 82 on page 3). Is this where the lacet stitch is done? It seems there should be more than two chain stitches at this point so it curves up and is caught by the stitches in row 11.

Am I making sense? Help!

P.S. I *think* I'm doing the increases correctly now but I'll let everyone critique it when I get a few more rows done. At this point, I refuse to frog it!

Busy busy day, I haven'tgotten to crochet at all yet. :(

Krystal, sorry you had to frog....OUCH!! I am marking my rows as I go on the chart, but I haven't enlarged..........bet that would be easier! duhhhhhhh! :rofl I was happy to see while looking at the tutorial Kathy sent, that I am doing it the right way. :cheer I didn't at first but I am not going there.....lol

Hope everyone is having a good crochet day and hopefully I will get some time to crochet in tonight,

Hugs

peni

Well, Ellen - what's the point of a CAL if we're going to tell you to read the directions first? Isn't part of what we're doing here to save you time with our experience (or lack thereof? LOL!)

I am TRYING to get Row 23 done so i can "keep up" with my double-shawl schedule.

Make it by Christmas Schedule for 6/13:

One Shawl: Row 16

Two Shawls: Row 23

Make it by Christmas Schedle for 6/14:

One Shawl: Row 18

Two Shawls: Row 25

Does anyone have any pictures they want to share? Fran? How's yours coming?

Well, Ellen - what's the point of a CAL if we're going to tell you to read the directions first? Isn't part of what we're doing here to save you time with our experience (or lack thereof? LOL!)

Yup. But take solace in knowing I probably won't have to ask that question again because (maybe) it'll sink in. Anyway I started row 11 this morning, which means I will be "tackling" row 2 of the diamond. Whoo whoo.

Ok I am having problems with the beading part.....My beading does not lay flat with the work...it kinda sticks out and looks messy...I have tried to hold my hook different...the thread different..nothing is working...can anybody help? Oh just a word of advice it is VERY difficult to frog with beads!!:bang

Your beads will not lay flat. It would be impossible with three beads in one st. It is meant to form almost a cable stitch around the edge. Here is a different pictures showing the beads. Maybe that will make it clearer.

th_Swatchforshawl-1.jpg

Hello Ladies,

How is everyone doing? I have finished the main body...now I am stringing on beads which is taking forever! Anyone have suggestions to make the bead stringing go faster? Well off to string more beads:loco

That is amazing that you're almost finished! Did you start the same time we all did (last weekend?) WOW! Can't help you with the beads but I"m sure a PM to Kathy will get you back on track.

How's everyone else doing?

That is amazing that you're almost finished! Did you start the same time we all did (last weekend?) WOW! Can't help you with the beads but I"m sure a PM to Kathy will get you back on track.

How's everyone else doing?

I started last Wednesday I think....but it's the only thing that I have worked on...I have done filet before and enjoy it...but this is by far the most challenging filet chart that I have worked with the increases...hadn't ever done increases before....but I did do my fair share of frogging before I got the hang of it:lol ...and finally got the beading to work:whew

This CAL look so fun to do as a xmas gift goal. I will let you know by end of June if I can join in. I really want to do the Sky CAL first. I wish to get rid of some WIPs that lurks under my bed, living room corners, and oh is that a shadow hides behind my slightly opened closet door ?

Well, you get the idea. *hehe* I need to understand how Sky CAL works, before I can add up the projects on the list and make it official.

:cheer :cheer :cheer Hooray! I think I've got it! Kathy's chart and Krystal's picture were a great help. I was doing the increases at the end of the row wrong. I have a question, though. I've been using a translucent silver Sulky thread for the metallic. I love it because it adds just a subtle sheen to the yellow of the shawl, but I'm a little worried about the wearability. Do you think it will hold up during wearing? JoAnn's has their thread on sale this week, so I need to by the rest of my metallic now. I can always use the Coats and Clark, but I really like the Sulky better.

Rita K.

:cheer :cheer :cheer Hooray! I think I've got it! Kathy's chart and Krystal's picture were a great help. I was doing the increases at the end of the row wrong. I have a question, though. I've been using a translucent silver Sulky thread for the metallic. I love it because it adds just a subtle sheen to the yellow of the shawl, but I'm a little worried about the wearability. Do you think it will hold up during wearing? JoAnn's has their thread on sale this week, so I need to by the rest of my metallic now. I can always use the Coats and Clark, but I really like the Sulky better.

Rita K.

I have used the Sulky before in doilies and such and have never had a problem with it. I of course hand wash all these things. But it laundered just fine.

well...heres mine...sorry for the poor pic quality...my camera is from the dark ages:lol

th_IMG00001d.jpg

th_IMG00003d.jpg

th_IMG00002d.jpg

I decided to use pearl white seed beads and I think they set off the butterfly pretty good. I did the beading part slightly different than what was in the pattern and it made a rope effect. Thanx for looking and thanx for starting this CAL Krystal it was a lot of fun:D

:cheer :cheer

I too love the purple!! :manyheart Awsome job.

I can hardly wait to get mine done so I can do a more colorful one.........natural seems so drab.... but it is also looking good. I think this shawl will be stunning in any color!!!

peni

What a beautiful job! I haven't even had time to start mine yet... I can't believe you got it done so quickly!!! It looks WONDERFUL!

Archived