Katchkan's Viceroy Shawl CAL

Krystal16

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've made it up to row 30....

My sides have distinct ridges where the "front" rows and the "back" rows meet. Is this normal and will come out with washing, or is this something I'm doing with my grip or stitch style? I've got "raised" rows and "sunken" rows, depending on whether it's the right or wrong side for that row.

Just as an update. I still haven't begun this shawl. DH decided we would go to the Keys for Father's Day which meant Thurs-Sun. I'm hoping to begin this week but I'm also preparing to go to the Keys July 7th thru Aug. 7th. Lots of preparation in closing one house and reopening another. Finally got all my supplies tho.

What happened?? Where did everyone go???

Krystal, what row do we need to be on to stay up for Christmas?

I have been gone here and there everyday and haven't crochetd for a week or so!! Yikes I am probably wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy behind.

Everyone please report progress.

I am on row 32 still

peni

Hi all,

After seeing this worked up, I bought the pattern today and I will be making it too. I just won't be able to start for a while since I just had surgery and need to mend. I'll follow your progress and let you know when I get started. The purple is beautiful as is the original gold. Since I have plenty of white thread, I'm going to use it and then maybe tea-dye it to give it an heirloom look. What do you think?

Cheers

OK... Make it By Christmas: Row 26!!! You're still safe, Peni!

Wow, I'm on row 20 so I'm not too far behind (yet) so maybe I'll have it done by New Year's. I'm not saying what year though!

Krystal16, who's your new avatar?

Ellen,

That's Jesse James... Julie over in her MULTIPLE CAL's tends to change her avatars daily, and we've got a Wild West Posse going on now. who knows where it will go after this?

Wendy(Aussie) is my brother, Frank James...

We've got lotsa outlaws running round here!

Ellen,

That's Jesse James... Julie over in her MULTIPLE CAL's tends to change her avatars daily, and we've got a Wild West Posse going on now. who knows where it will go after this?

Wendy(Aussie) is my brother, Frank James...

We've got lotsa outlaws running round here!

Ahhh, good ole' Jesse. I've seen Julie's changing avatars and just love her animated ones. Buffalo Bill is buried not too far from where I live.....There's probably a lot more outlaws buried around here in the old West!

Got four more rows done last night - NEARLY caught up!

Ellen - mine is a little ridged... I don't really like it, but I'm sure hoping that washing and blocking will rid it of that.

Don't worry it will smooth out when you block it or press it. It is quite normal for it to be doing what it is doing. It is just more noticeable with the thread than with yarn. Yours is looking good by the way. I have enjoyed watching everyone's progress on this.

Don't worry it will smooth out when you block it or press it. It is quite normal for it to be doing what it is doing. It is just more noticeable with the thread than with yarn. Yours is looking good by the way. I have enjoyed watching everyone's progress on this.

I'm glad to hear that! I'm not as far along as Krystal (I'm on row 21 I think but may have to frog a few rows). I think once the piece gets larger, I'll be happier.

It's funny but so far I'm only working on this project when I'm sitting in front of the computer, waiting for it to warm up and connect to the Internet. So that's why I'm not getting much done (in part). But thread isn't as difficult to work with as I thought it would be!

This is such a beautiful pattern! I am going to go purchase it and get a start on one for me! Oh my gosh everyone's is turning out so pretty here! If anyone needs a recipient to send it to....I'll give ya my address!

Ok, I FINALLY got some time to get started on this. I just finished working on a project with some fat yarn, so my fingers are having to get used to working with thread again... I've done quite a big of frogging already!

Up to row 5. I have an exam on Saturday and another one on Monday night, so this might have to sit awhile longer and I'll pick it up again next week. I'll tell hubby that my ideal 4th of July celebration will be laying on my behind and crocheting all day... what a tribute to Independence!!

That would be so heavenly for me too!

For the shawl, I would love to make one when I am ready to make one. I am unsure on the thread colors, and which person for me to give it as a xmas gift. I will think about it for a bit. I will keep an eye on this thread.

Krystal, If I can finish this shawl by xmas. I might start a shawl( maybe two) on Labor Day, September 3rd. What will be the row estimates, day or weekly?

A question to all, if I may. I started this and I'm on the rows in the upper teens. I'm finding that my piece seems to be sort of flimsy. I'm guessing that when its finished and the beads are on and I wash and block it, that it will pull together some. Am I guessing right?:think

Thanks!

What do you mean by flimsy? Maybe a picture would help?

I am *guessing* that it has to do with gauge. As my gauge was tighter, my piece is sort of stiff. If yours is the opposite, then maybe it has to do with gauge. Measure using the gauge given in the pattern.

Archived