Katchkan's Viceroy Shawl CAL

Krystal16

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I realized I had never posted a picture of my CAL shawl. I used size 8 gunmetal hex beads on the edge. The facets on them really catch the light and sparkle.

th1226019277_100_0453.jpg[/img]

That turned out simply gorgeous in black, you make me proud of my design....

Fidgement, I didn't take a picture of the edge and my daughter in another state has it.

But I do have a picture of the first one I did in brown with copper metallic thread. I'm not sure it will help: http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y187/fran6211/?action=view&current=VBShawlEdging.jpg

The beads sort of enclose the edge if that makes sense.

Thanks Fran. I think I get the idea between Kathy's reply and your picture. That one is also a beauty! I love this shawl :manyheart

Kathy,

I'm moving right along now, thanks to your help. I see how the beads wrap around and its pretty neat. Anyway, I hope I don't run out of beads, but if I do, I'll just finish off and start a new thread. I purchased 100 grams, so I should be good. And, I'm finding that the beads are transferring some color to the cotton. Have you ever run into that?

Ellena

• 4 months later...

th_viceroysmall.jpg

Kathy, I thought you'd like to see the Viceroy made into a tablecloth. I FINALLY wove in the ends and finished it today.... It's been a while, hasn't it? :rofl

My mother is coming home from Florida today, so I am surprising her with it set up and finished in her dining room. She just redid the walls, so she doesn't have a tablecloth that's dark that matches the room, so I just used what she had....

Archived