Katchkan's Viceroy Shawl CAL

Krystal16

Oh, Ellen - that's absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! I love it! Great colors, I love the multi-beads, they just make it something special...

Thanks! I wish I could take a closeup but the picture gets all fuzzy.

Krystal, I'm thinking that beads would be a good idea for your tablecloth too. They would act as an anchor and keep it in place. Of course it probably should be taken off the table when you actually sit down and eat, but .....

I know what your answer will be though. You've already invested a small fortune in the thread and metallic thread....

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ellen, it's just stunning. I love :manyheart purples and those beads really set off the piece well. I need to get mine to the point that I can start the beads!

Excellent choice and great work!:cheer :cheer :clap

Thanks, Helen! I was surprised at how much I like the look of the beads. I thought it would detract from the filet but it doesn't at all! The beads I bought at Joann's are called "purple passion" and there's a variety of pinks, purples, blues and whites. They're Czech glass number six beads and cost $2.99 for 24 grams. (I don't know how many beads were in each vial so I bought six vials just in case.) Surprisingly I only lost about 12 of them (they popped out of my hand!) and only three had to be tossed because they didn't have the hole.

Krystal, once the beads are strung, crocheting them onto the piece goes quickly.

Ellen it looks great. Can I say I told you so .........:devil Okay I won't, But I will be thinking it.

Glad it's going well. Soon we get to see a completed shawl. Right ?

Thank you, Kathy! Yes you may tell me "I told you so!" I have no idea how many beads I strung but I sure hope I have enough! I'm about 25% done.

Yes, I'll make sure several photos make it online once it's done! I promise. I wouldn't want all this work to go unnoticed!:)

Yes, that would be Keanu. In the SKY CAL, we're doing "movie star" avatars, and I'm picking all the hunks. Yesterday was Johnny Depp... too bad the avatars can't be larger, as the best part of the pic (shoulders and back) is missing.. :cry:lol I need to change it again today, just can't think who...

Well if I could change the subject from hunks to a butterfly,

I FINISHED THE BEADING!!!!!!! Whoo whoo! Now I just have to do the top edge row, weave in the ends, steam it and whoo whoo, it's done!

I used close to four vials of 24-gram number six beads with two beads per stitch instead of three as indicated in the pattern. (Then, again, Kathy used smaller beads.)

It makes the shawl pretty heavy, considering. My biggest fear is to be wearing it and have the thread break and watch all the beads bounce all over town.

Well if I could change the subject from hunks to a butterfly,

I FINISHED THE BEADING!!!!!!! Whoo whoo! Now I just have to do the top edge row, weave in the ends, steam it and whoo whoo, it's done!

I used close to four vials of 24-gram number six beads with two beads per stitch instead of three as indicated in the pattern. (Then, again, Kathy used smaller beads.)

It makes the shawl pretty heavy, considering. My biggest fear is to be wearing it and have the thread break and watch all the beads bounce all over town.

Never Happen,

You might loose a few if the strand broke, but unless It unravels you would only loose the beads on the stitches around the break. That would be much easier to repair and replace.

Getting anxious to see this done.

Never Happen,

You might loose a few if the strand broke, but unless It unravels you would only loose the beads on the stitches around the break. That would be much easier to repair and replace.

Getting anxious to see this done.

I'm soooo glad to hear (read) that, Kathy! I'll try to take a pic on Monday sans the final row at the top. I have such a sense of accomplishment! After all, I/we've been working on this since, what, July? So three months! Usually I tire of a project after a few weeks but your encouragement, Kathy, Krystal, and Helen, kept me going. No wonder CALs are so popular!

No hunk talk, change the subject!:devil

Okay, they can stay on the back burner awhile.

Anyway, Way to go, woo hoo, bravo :yay Ellen. The beading didn't take long at all. I can't wait to see the finished project.

Cheers :D

Hey y'all. Would this be too hard for a really inexperienced lace crocheter? All I've made is the coaster from "I Can't Believe I'm Crocheting!" Thanks!

This was my first thread project. Ever. It was also Krystal's first project. Ever. If something that will take several months to complete doesn't discourage you, it shouldn't be a problem at all. Kathy (Katchkan) has always been available to answer any questions too. I say go for it!

Well, he's closer, but even with the facial hair he's got a bit of a baby face. I have this caveman-survival gene in me that likes the "manly men"... y'know, the kind that look like they'll just as soon bite your head off? Good think DH LOOKS the part but doesn't act it... Keanu Reeves is actually a little clean for my taste, but there are times...

Archived