Katchkan's Viceroy Shawl CAL

Krystal16

Beautiful, Krystal! Absolutely beautiful!:tup

I'm still working on the finishing edge while juggling other projects for upcoming craft shows. I also signed up to test one of the most beautiful patterns I've seen in a long time. :heart

But the shawl is shouting at me to finish, so I'm going to try to finish it up within the next week or so.

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You can tell if you want.

Well Krystal, since I have Kathy's okay .... I'm testing her unicorn wall hanging. Have you seen it? Do a search for the thread. It's absolutely gorgeous, and I love everything with horses or their mythical relatives.

Great job Krystal!!:yay You are moving along at a good clip.

I'm still working on mine. I'm also trying to finish several Christmas gifts so this last part is going slow, but at least its still going.

Again, its looking beautiful and will make a great gift.

Cheers all! :hook

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yep, just the border and washing/ blocking/ironing to do!

I'm thinking since it's so big that I'm going to wash it by hand, wring it out in a towel, let it dry as long as I can, then iron it flat. I don't really have anywhere to truly "block" it. Plus, I don't want any starch in it..

Yep, just the border and washing/ blocking/ironing to do!

I'm thinking since it's so big that I'm going to wash it by hand, wring it out in a towel, let it dry as long as I can, then iron it flat. I don't really have anywhere to truly "block" it. Plus, I don't want any starch in it..

It is looking good. Will be curious as to how that edging looks overall.

I blocked my shawl the way you are talking about I have an old quilt I save to spread my large pieces out on and let dry flat. Then I use a towel over the piece and press. Works pretty good.

• 1 month later...

out of curiosity, was wondering how the one's as gifts were received. Krystal, did your mom need to be resusitated after she got the beautiful tablecloth? :) (as I can only imagine how much she loved it)

Sandy

My mom's not that expressive, but it did look like she liked it a lot. It's pretty hard to tell with her, but the reaction was as positive as I've ever seen. :D
Thank you for letting us know. I have been wondering and meaning to ask.

• 9 months later...

Hello everyone!

Believe it or not, I finally got all my beads strung and I'm starting to put them on, but I'm not sure I'm doing it right. I'm a little confused about how many 3bsc's there should be. When I read the instructions, it sounds like there should only be one vertical and one horizontal, but I'm not sure. If anyone can clarify, that would be great. I'm dying to see this finished, finally!!!

Thanks all!:crocheting:crocheting:crocheting

Hello everyone!

Believe it or not, I finally got all my beads strung and I'm starting to put them on, but I'm not sure I'm doing it right. I'm a little confused about how many 3bsc's there should be. When I read the instructions, it sounds like there should only be one vertical and one horizontal, but I'm not sure. If anyone can clarify, that would be great. I'm dying to see this finished, finally!!!

Thanks all!:crocheting:crocheting:crocheting

On the vertical one in the post, one on the top of the st or where the rows join, so two per row on the vertical. For the ones on horizontal row it say in every stitch that is exposed. so if there is one block it would be 3 stitches that are exposed, 2 blocks you would have 6 sts exposed. I stated it that way so I wouldn't have to give row by row instructions for the entire edging. That would be on long set of instructions.

Archived