Katchkan's Viceroy Shawl CAL

Krystal16

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi, can you tell me how many edc's there are on row 6 befor and after the 5 mesh stitches? I was doing my mesh stitch edc ch 2 sk 1 edc and edc in next. I came up with 12 on each side and by count it should be 10..............I think???

help help! :thair

Ok, on row 6 there should be 10edc before and after the 5 meshes...3 blocks =10 edc...for the mesh chain 2 skip 2 edc and edc in the next one..you should have a total of 25 edc including blocks and meshes at the end of row 6...hope this helps:D

A mesh st is only one block, An open mesh is 2 meshes,without a post between them. There are no open meshes in this pattern. It is listed only as part of my standard filet terms.

Hi, can you tell me how many edc's there are on row 6 befor and after the 5 mesh stitches? I was doing my mesh stitch edc ch 2 sk 1 edc and edc in next. I came up with 12 on each side and by count it should be 10..............I think???

help help! :thair

on your mesh stitches you need to sk 2 edc, not 1,

here's a close up of the bottom of the shawl.

th_Shawldetail.jpg

Ok, on row 6 there should be 10edc before and after the 5 meshes...3 blocks =10 edc...for the mesh chain 2 skip 2 edc and edc in the next one..you should have a total of 25 edc including blocks and meshes at the end of row 6...hope this helps:D

:cheer :cheer Thank you! :hug

A mesh st is only one block, An open mesh is 2 meshes,without a post between them. There are no open meshes in this pattern. It is listed only as part of my standard filet terms.

Thank you for clearing this up for me...........I think I am good to go now.

:hug

peni

OK, I loosened up the chains in my mesh a little, and I think that's my problem... the next row seems better. I'm REALLY glad I picked these colors - they are turning out exactly like I wanted them!

I guess I crochet too tightly with thread, whereas with yarn, I crochet loosely.. :think

here is a symbol version of the 1st 6 rows.

hope this helps

Thru Row 6

sssssssssszzszzszzszzszzssssssssss

ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

sssssssssszzssssssssss

ssssssssssssssss

ssssssssss

ssss

OK, Kathy... it's a GOOD thing you showed your close-up, because your description of a diamond confused me.

In row 3 of it, you say something about "worked into ch5 lp", but to me, it looks more like you just ch2 and skip the stitches below it completely...? Yes?

OK, Kathy... it's a GOOD thing you showed your close-up, because your description of a diamond confused me.

In row 3 of it, you say something about "worked into ch5 lp", but to me, it looks more like you just ch2 and skip the stitches below it completely...? Yes?

No you have to work three of the edc for a block over the 1st ch 5 lp, ch 2 and then work 3 of the edc for the next block over the next ch 5 lp. hope that makes more sense.

DUH! I just looked HARDER at the directions (as I was trying to do it) and NOW it makes sense! LOL! I warned you this was my first thread project!

Thanks for the further instructions, but I figured it out about 3 seconds before I got back on here!

:cheer :cheer :cheer Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I just finished row 11. I am so syked up over this! I think I love filet!!:manyheart

I am so glad you shared this with us Kathy, it is so gorgeous!!

I have to tell you all, when I was having trouble, I went down to ask my mom, she filet crochets all the time. Well I was trying to explain and she was trying to help and finally she said *oh just bring it down and I will figure it out! UNLESS it is for me, then you figure it out yourself!* Now you have to understand we have this rule between us because we both craft so much~~~~~~~~~ that if you see it, you DON'T get it! :rofl She has no clue what I am making, I hope I can get it done for her for Christmas...

peni

:cheer :cheer :cheer Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I just finished row 11. I am so syked up over this! I think I love filet!!:manyheart

I am so glad you shared this with us Kathy, it is so gorgeous!!

I have to tell you all, when I was having trouble, I went down to ask my mom, she filet crochets all the time. Well I was trying to explain and she was trying to help and finally she said *oh just bring it down and I will figure it out! UNLESS it is for me, then you figure it out yourself!* Now you have to understand we have this rule between us because we both craft so much~~~~~~~~~ that if you see it, you DON'T get it! :rofl She has no clue what I am making, I hope I can get it done for her for Christmas...

peni

I have gotten up to row 13 today, and only need one more row to be caught up tomorrow. This was a sloooow crocheting day, so I'll be safe as long as I don't book myself too many more projects before Xmas. Julie in the SKY CAL is trying to rein that beast in, but we shall see... :devil

Did anyone else make any progress except Peni, amberslipstitch and I?

I'm psyching myself up to get started ... probably on Sunday or Monday. I'm absolutely petrified! I scanned the chart, enlarged it, and made another copy flipped over so I have the whole chart. (Am I making sense?)

I've decided not to use the silver thread and just use the lilac thread by itself. I"m not a glitzy person so I was never real excited about the silver thread.

Come on, Ellen - it's NOT hard! It's only a bunch of dc's and chains! I am SURE you have done harder than that. The only problem *I* have is working into a chain, so all the increases are a little rough on me. But the good thing is that the further I get on the pattern, the fewer of them I have in proportion to the rest of the pattern. I have to loosen up a little, though - my piece looks a little stiff, and I think it's because my gauge is tight. I struggle getting some of the etr's in the base, as well as the edc's in the first chain...It is looking REALLY cute though... I love the look the gold puts in it - it's not overwhelming, the thread is so tiny.

Come on and give it a try tomorrow morning - you'll be thankful you did!

:cheer :cheer Good morning everyone. I got 13 rows finished up last night!! :clap :clap I can only hope I can keep up the pace. As rows go on they get longer and longer so I am sure 13 will be out of the picture......but one can dream :c9 can't one? lol I do like this type of crochet so I am hopeing to get it done wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy before Christmas.

peni

Archived