Katchkan's Viceroy Shawl CAL

Krystal16

Another bead source is Fusion Beads at fusionbeads.com. They have a pretty good selection of size 8 seed beads and free shipping. I had posted about them in another thread a couple of weeks ago but thought I'd mention it here too.

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:cheer :cheer I think I will be able to do this!! I did a sample piece and it actually looks like it is supposed to! I just decided.........after I panicked:eek :eek and emailed Kathy:blush to just sit down and read and follow directions. This comes from someone who has never ever done a filet stitch!!

Kathy for the first 7 rows I did A-OK................Now I will start a for real one.:clap tomorrow.

peni

Excellent, Peni! I knew you could do it! Filet isn't all that difficult, and Kathy did a great job, like I said, of explaining the increases.

I can't wait to get started! I just have to get some WIPs out of here that are in their final stages....

Is everyone ready to start?

If you're doing ONE, you'll need to have up to Row 7 done by end of tomorrow, if you're doing 2, you need to have up to Row 10 done by the end of tomorrow.

THis is ONLY if you're wanting to use the schedule I have created to get it done by Christmas!

Excellent, Peni! I knew you could do it! Filet isn't all that difficult, and Kathy did a great job, like I said, of explaining the increases.

Than you Krystal, I feel better now. I have to admit, filet crochet is a bit intimadating to me, I don't know why?? I guess because it is so beautiful and I have never tried it. :think And to make my first try this beautiful shawl...........I thought I went crazy!:rofl :rofl

I will let you know when I finally decide on my color, I also bought natural thread and gold metalic. but still thinking of changing???

peni

Oh-oh, I guess it's a good thing that I'm unemployed right now. I've also committed (or should be committed) to a (currently) secret pattern testing for one of our members.

So forget housecleaning, forget feeding my parrots, forget eating, forget sleeping. It'll be crochet crochet crochet for the next few weeks!

Well, I still can't find the sparkly thread I want where it won't cost me an arm and a leg. I found some I liked at Michaels, but it was $2 a spool and with the yardage required, I would need 9-10 spools! I usually am not a cheapskate when it comes to my crafty things, but spending $20 on sparkly thread, plus what I spend on crochet thread PLUS what the beads are going to cost me.... I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

Of course, I'll let my brain marinate on it over the weekend and I bet you anything I go back on Monday and buy it. That's how I usually do.

Went to Hobby Lobby and bought some yarn and lining material for (another) FBB... maybe that'll keep me busy over the weekend until I can finish getting what I need to start on my shawl!!

Well, I still can't find the sparkly thread I want where it won't cost me an arm and a leg. I found some I liked at Michaels, but it was $2 a spool and with the yardage required, I would need 9-10 spools!

I'm in the same boat. I settled for the 1,000-yarn silver metallic spool at Joann's (had to buy two because we need 1,500 yards). They were $14 each but, if you have the 40% off coupon..... well you do the math. It helped quite a bit.

If anyone's still looking for metallic thread and can wait a little while, JoAnn's will be having their entire stock of thread 50% off from June 17-23. So the Coats and Clark 600 yd metallic thread will be $4.50 instead of $9.

OOOH, thanks for telling me this, fran! I got mine at ACMoore, but I might find it in JoAnn's now that I know what I'm looking for. I was a little rushed in JoAnn's.. Does anyone know if they carry Coats & Clark style T10 in "Light Gold"?

I like to buy as I go, so I don't feel the "pinch" quite as much, but at 50% off, I'll be THERE!

I'm going to need *15* of the 200 yard ones!

Has anyone just used the thread with the metallic already spun in it? I just used a black/gold one on my fancy fans stole and it turned out nicely.

Okay, everyone. I've b een crocheting for a LOT of years, but have never done filet crochet, :think but I thought I should be able to handle this. So I got some pretty sunshine yellow thread and some gold metallic and got started. Well, I was able to do the first three rows, and now I'm stuck.:blush

I have no idea where to go from there.:no Help! Help! Help!

Rita K.

Welcome, Rita!

Is your trouble with following the graph?

The fourth row has your first "open" mesh in it of the pattern...so you do your usual increase and then do your solid stitches all the way, but leave the 2 centermost dcs empty and ch2 instead. I hope this makes sense?

OK, I've got an "issue"....

Basic stuff, I think.

My increase on the chain5 side is making a smaller block than the increase out the edc side. So, basicall I have L___ ||||__| (see how the "L" side sticks out further?) If I chain looser, will this give me a larger stick-out on the chain increase side?

Um no...it didn't work for me anyway....I had the same problem and what I did was on the increase at the end of the row...I tightened my tension a bit and placed the next etreble directly in the base of the previous treble...I hope I am explaining this ok...it worked for me...I had to play around with it for a bit before I got it right...hope this helps:hook

th_IMG00006c.jpg

th_IMG00005c.jpg

Her is my progress....This is to row 40...I'm just using the violet thread...decided not to use a mettalic thread with it...I'm happy with it so far. I started on it wednesday:D

Hi, can you tell me how many edc's there are on row 6 befor and after the 5 mesh stitches? I was doing my mesh stitch edc ch 2 sk 1 edc and edc in next. I came up with 12 on each side and by count it should be 10..............I think???

help help! :thair

Archived