Iris Stitch Summer Bag - pics of lining Post 21

RoseRed

P4300213.jpg

I made this with 1 strand peach and 1 strand beige kitchen cotton and my I 1/2 jimbo hook.

the bag is crocheted directly onto the oval bottom so there's no weaker parts from sewing.

The handles I did with soft white, kitchen cotton and 20 lb test fishing line - they are STURDY!!!

a very pretty bag indeed. where did you get the idea to use fishing line to help firm-up the handles? great idea!!

I got the idea for fishing line here at the 'ville on another thread. I can't remember which one or who said it tho. I wish I could so I could give them proper credit for an AWESOME idea!

It's a little awkward till you get used to the way it feels but the result is well worth it!

I think I'm going to rip the handle on my mom's hobo bag and do it with the fishing line to make it sturdier!

P4300215.jpgP4300214.jpg

I started out making the center peice but it was too small. it has a cell phone pocket on one side and a glassses/pill case on the other I sewed it onto the one side to the purse has 3 section on the inside with the pockets in the middle.

Archived