May Charity Square-A-Long (May 14th - 18th)

Hello! Here is the page to sign up to join us for this month's round for the Charity Square-A-Long! YOU decide what size squares, what colors, and who YOU would like to send your squares to, set your own goal, and GO FOR IT!! :cheer Because I would normally do the round this upcoming weekend and it is Mother's Day, I am having this one run Monday through Friday of next week (14th-18th) instead of part during the week and part on the weekend, which is what we've been doing for the last few months! SO that gives us 5 DAYS! Like I mentioned at the tail end of the last round, let's shoot for 300+ squares since last month we made 269! Are you ready to get started?! Put it on your calendar and decide what you're going to do - - - and, of course, let us know you are joining in! And invite a friend, too! :yay:hug:yes

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will be with ya!! I am gonna make squares for Victory Junction. Need to find some gingham fabric in black and white to make some teddies to go with them. But for next week I will concentrate on 12 inch sqaures for them.

Oh great! I was just wondering when the next one of these would be! :)

I'll be working on some squares for the charity "From the Heart of Texas" since we're making afghans for breast cancer patients for a hospital here in Houston. We're asking for 6" or 12" squares in pink, white, or both. Our group is mostly knitters, so I don't know if we'll have enough squares to make an afghan, but with something like this, it'll motivate me to go faster! :) I'm so excited about this CAL!

Victoria

I have a REALLY GOOD FEELING about this round!!! Can't wait to see who all is going to join us! :cheer Do you believe this is our NINTH ROUND?! :yes

I am going to be making bright colored 12" squares for the Crafting For A Cause group that helps out those at the Pine Ridge Reservation and more! They will take me longer than the normal smaller squares I usually make (6" last month), but I'm up for the challenge and will be gathering my yarn and putting it in a basket tonight! :hook

Hehe, I recently cleaned my stash a bit, just organizing things... I felt like I went shopping! I found yarn I forgot (or didn't know to start with) that I had! :) I can't wait for this round! I think I'll stick to 12" squares too. They take a little longer to make each one, but they're less tedious to sew together. I do like 6" for scrap yarns though, because then you get to see lots of colors, and they blend better... I might just do both. :)

Victoria

I'm in!! Out of school as of tomorrow after my exam AND I will be heading home for a few days to do nothing but relax and study!!

Victoria...I think I will make some squares for your charity!! I have PLENTY of pink yarn laying around...does it matter what shade of pink?

I'm in again. I need to make some squares for our May charity blitz for lapghans to bless vets. I'll have to get my yarn set up for it.

I can join this. I'm doing the charity blitz too and 12" squares. And I also just cleaned and found a ton of yarn I can use for these squares! (Like Vickietoria said, I couldn't remember having this yarn)....

Debbi

Woke up this morning wondering when the next go round would be.....:clap :clap

I guess I can take some time this weekend and find some yarn, I really don't have to look that far. :devil Not sure on the size yet, but I will let you know in my totals. :yes

Ok . . . ARE YOU READY?! :clap

I'm READY! :hook

In less than 24 hours we can get started with this 9th round of making charity squares! :yay

Get your hook and yarn ready! :yarn

And don't forget to post here how you are coming along throughout the week! Let us know what colors and sizes you are making - what charity you are making your squares for - and whether or not you piece some together! :yes

WE CAN DO IT!!!! :cheer :cheer :cheer

I think I've decided to try 4 inch squares and see how they go into a quilt pattern. I may have to switch it to 2 inch if I don't like the look and I'm going to try to join them as I make them we'll see. :)

Count me in too! I love to make stuff to help other people.

I have decided I will make 12" squares for Heartmade Blessings

Will make as many squares as I can I have a big stash of yarn

to work with.:)

Kristy

Would love to join in. I would like to make squares for

Warm Up America and If I can 6" and 12". Can't wait to start.

Good luck everyone.:cheer:cheer

I have decided to put my 12 inch ones aside for this week and get some of the smaller balls gone,so I will be making 6 inch ones,trying for 48 squares,in greens,blues and browns with RH aspen prints for PRA.

Linda

Hello! :yay

I have gotten two 12" squares done, and they are in BRIGHT colors and look very different from each other! Being that I'm making larger squares, my goal is to make 12 of them this round! I've gotten spoiled in making the smaller squares and having larger numbers, but that's okay! Every square makes a difference! And these are gonna be FUN as I'm making them all different vs. many of the others that were mostly the same!

How is everyone coming along on this FIRST day?!

Linda I can not wait to see what you will make for PRA!

I too am in the group. I also love how well Aspen works with the colors you decided on. I will be doing bright squares for PRA too!

PS Started a bright orange 12" square this morning before heading out to work. When I get home I will finish it along with others as I am watching Dancing with the Stars!! :)

Hi Kelly,

I enjoyed working the squares for you,when you were in charge of the 6 inch ones.

I just finished 6 buff/aspen print and 6 frosty green/aspen print ( 12 inch )for the May challenge.

I like the varigated that gives alot of color combo options

Linda

I am making 12 in this time only have two done so far but trying a new pattern and I have decided either the pattern is totally wrong or I suck at crocheting. :angry

quality instead of quantity I am used to doing 6-8 in and having loads done. But I have frogged this last square 8 times I swear:think

I haven't been around for a while but just happened to check the site today and saw this. Yeah. I will be doing 12-inch squares for PRA. The 12-inch seem to take me much longer so I am just going to shoot for 5, one for every night.

Archived