May Charity Square-A-Long (May 14th - 18th)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello again! I got another 12" square done, so that makes 3 so far! I plan to make at least one more tonight, but I may get a bit distracted since I got approved to adopt another furball and am waiting for one of the volunteers to call me to meet him/her up at the pet store to pick him up! :clap

Coolhockeymom (wish I knew your name!), I hope your b-day was a GOOD one! And don't get discouraged about those squares! You'll have that one that is giving you a fuss figured out and you'll probably end up loving that square eventually! ;)

BBL!!!!!!

Danielle,

I don't have that pattern, but I bet someone here does! ;)

I also like my name, especially when it's not shortened! :D

I just finished square # 4 and am shutting down for the night! I'm going to work on a knitted prayer shawl tonight after I get the laundry put away and the house picked up!

Talk to all of you guys tomorrow! Nite! :manyheart

I'm in! While I don't know how many I'll be able to do in a week; I'm making 12" squares for Crafting For A Cause. They have been most generous in helping me get lapghans and hats for the patients at Hartwyck, a long term care center my brain injured son lives in. Now, I can make squares for them for Pine Ridge Reservation.

I guess I'm going to pass this month. I've got entirely too many irons in the fire at the moment. Good luck everyone. I'll keep an eye out for the next one.:hug

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaah, looks like we've got a few Newbies and plenty of squares stacking up between all of us!! :cheer

Danielle, I'm sorry to hear about your little one! Keep us posted!

I got 3 - 12" squares done today, but I have to admit that I've had plenty of FUN time with my new kitty, and I was also up until almost 3:30 a.m. cleaning my basement!

Keep on posting and making those squares! :yay

I ended up doing another one last night before bed so ended up with 5 for yesterday. Hadn't gotten any done yet today gonna have to paint my hallway so maybe tonight I'll get a few more done.

Hello, everyone! I see some of us are piecing our squares together as we go along and others are giving squares to some of the same charities! How NEAT! :D

I've gotten 2-12" squares done today, which means I now have 9-12" squares done! My goal is to make 3 more before this round is over, and I will be hiding the ends afterwards this time around! They are all in multiple colors, so there will be PLENTY of work on those! I can't wait to see them all laid out and will probably take a few pics to upload here (if I can remember how to do that again)!

I can't wait to see how many we complete by the end of this round! Since several of us are making larger squares, I think the total number will be lower. But that's OKAY!!! :yes Every square, small or large, helps toward making a charity item for someone in need!

Time to eat some dinner and then possibly work on another square?! Keep up the GREAT work, everyone! :hook:hug

I got 4 more 4 inchers done today for a 3 day total of 19 I hope to get more done tomorrow course I thought that today and it didn't turn out that way. :)

Good morning or afternoon to everyone, depending on where you live! We have just two more days to work on this round's squares! Take a look at the ones you've completed so far, and give yourself a {{{VIRTUAL HUG}}} from me for getting them done! :manyheart Then decide what squares you will be making over the next two days, what your plan is going to be to get them done, and warm up your hook!

Ok, are you ready?! :cheer On your mark! :cheer Get set! :cheer GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :clap:hug:cheer

Just stopped in real quick to give a cheer :cheer:yay to those who are working hard on their squares.

I am working on them like mad when I get home, :hook some how house work, cooking and the job keep interferring with this weeks objective

of getting lots of squares complete!!

I have busted quite a bit of stash - one of the many reasons I love doing the Charity Square a long!! :manyheart Makes room for more stash :devil

Have been busting approx. 1 skein per evening :yes

Can not wait to see the totals

Go team Go :cheer

Ok, just popping in to see how everyone is doing and ask for some updates! I JUST finished my 12th 12" square, which was my goal for this round! I will be working on smaller squares for baby afghans next!

How is everyone coming along?! :hook:yarn:clap

Not as good as I would like too and had planned. Not only not feeling good, but i've been very tired :yawn . Then this morning I woke up and worked on a purse and couldn't put it down... then tried to go back to sleep and woke up again and finished it:hook . So my squares were put to the side... and now I want to line the purse and weave in the ends... but I may just wait until the weekend, I'm still tired :tired to go to the store for lining and the squares are for a good cause and easy to do to relax.

Debbi

Archived