Van Gogh's Closet

JulieKay

Oooh, Heather - I can't wait to see your green ghan! That one is awesome!

I think you ought to write up how many strands of which kind of yarn you used, plus how many rows of each you did. That one is an award-winner in my book. :D

K

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Count me in as one who can't wait to see, Heather :yes You are definitely the master at this technique :nworthy And yes, a hint as to how you made them work would be fabulous :hook

It's DONE!!! I'll get a picture up a bit later. I like how it turned out. Hope my mom does too, but with her you never know. Anyway, I'm pleased. It turned out to be a full-sized RR afghan and not a lapghan. But that's okay. And I've got enough yarn to make another one the same size in the reverse color scheme. That's cool, too.:lol

Here we go. Pictures: Kim is modeling the RR in the first one, and Trouble is with it on a queen size bed in the second.

DCP_1098.jpgDCP_1094.jpg

Here we go. Pictures: Kim is modeling the RR in the first one, and Trouble is with it on a queen size bed in the second.

DCP_1098.jpgDCP_1094.jpg

Wow. that is incredible. I love it all over the place:cheer:clap:cheer :hug

I really like the poochie too.

Oooh, Heather - I can't wait to see your green ghan! That one is awesome!

I think you ought to write up how many strands of which kind of yarn you used, plus how many rows of each you did. That one is an award-winner in my book. :D

K

Thanks Krystal, I just used 2 strands and did 2 rows of each solid and blending rows. I used lt sage ( I think that was the name), sage and dk sage in Caron SS.

Heather

So the whole afghan, you did 2 rows solid, 2 blended for each square ? I am seriously considering revamping one of my projects into another VanGogh. But ... uh oh, I think I'd be breaking my own rules if I did that. I wouldnt be buying any more yarn, I'd just be using the same yarn for something else .

Hmmm.............I have to think on this to see if it's cheating or not .:D:think

yeah Julie I just did 2 rows solid then 2 rows blending for each color. Doing the turning on the granny square too. I don't know if that made a difference but just in case :) Real simple.

linda thats sooooooooo beautiful

good for you

i`m gonna open the round ripple and make it grannies to make an afghan for mom

i wish she will like it

Morning, everyone and thanks for all the compliments. :) I'm up, but not very awake yet.

Julie, I love your newest avatar. It's a stitch! It started my day off with a laugh. How did you ever manage to find a picture of me dancing? :lol

DCP_1098.jpgDCP_1094.jpg

Absolutely beautiful, but I think the date in your camera needs to be fixed, or else I am waaaaaay behind in my projects:eek

Hi Ladies,

You are all doing such beautiful work and I just got the good news that my nephew for his college graduation on June 17 would love to have a ripple afghan for his single bed...

So it looks like I will be joining you as soon as I buy yarn on Friday...I would love to make the Van Gogh concept for him and make it an outstanding design.

Now AI have to find the best ripple pattern for this....any suggestions would be appreciated???

He wants blues and beigey colors. You said that Caron SS in double strand is too stiff??? For a college boy, what yarn would you suggest?:cheer

Joanne, it all depends on the size of the hook you use with the yarn. I am using Red Heart Super Saver and a size P hook and the result is soft and cushy. There are lots of good patterns on the first page of this thread. Page 84 of "Leisure Arts Presents AFGHANS on the double" has a pattern for a Blended Rainbow afghan that probably work very well with your colors, too.

Thanks for your response about Caron SS, because I really like that yarn and it would make a great afghan if the color choice is good.

I think I found my pattern...from Lion Brand Yarn - called Crayon Ripple blanket...It has a 6 row color repeat and it makes the colors show up really well.

Lion also has one called 8 Throws where you make multi colored squares and then you choose from one of 8 configurations but I think 48 squares would take me longer than a large ripple with J or K hook...

So yarn shopping I will go and let you know my progress....:manyheart

Archived