My Lil "practice" doily*honest critisism please

JoBug

Wow, I signed up for the doily swap, and THOUGHT I was pretty good at them, then I see all the GREAT FANTASTIC work you all do, I just hope I don't let my partner down!

SO here is a little one I made up yesterday to practice, please be honest of what you think, it is NOT blocked yet..

clickable

th_100_0775.jpg

Looks just fine to me!! Alot of the ones you are looking at just look hard. They are designed to look intricate. Keep up the good work. Thread is one of those aggravating things that you fight with for a hundred zillion years then one day it "looks" perfect. In all honestly you did a great job, and if I was signed up for the swap I would gladly be your partner.

Thank you all, and Kathy, I WILL keep practicing!! I LOVE doilies, LOVE them..... to be honest, that was the first time I ever used a varigated thread for a doily, I have used the varigated on bookmarks however. Okay then, keep at it JoAnn, I ALMOST have the second done, its a bigger one...

thanks friends!!!:hug

Looks great to me, I also love the color, really like varigated thread. I am kind of nervous about the swap too, not sure I will get it all right...

OK.... you asked for honest and here it is..........

IT LOOKS GREAT! :cheer

I've done a zillion doilies and that one looks like I could have made it, it's THAT GOOD.

Go ahead and pat yourself on the back, you deserve it! :yes

:devil

That is a beautiful doily. I have made many and always think mine are not as good as the model or someone elses but in the end they are appreciated by whoever receives and i am releived. Keep practicing and perfection will come, I think.

Very Nice. But to be on the safe side keep practicing. No you don't need to, you do good work. :hug But it is a good excuse to crochet doilies. :devil

Oof, oof, OOF!!!! I agree 1 hunnert percent!!!! I like the doily!

Thank you all so much!! I finished another at work tonight, shhhhhhhhh

I will post picts of it in the morning....

HUGS

JoAnn

Archived