Easter Rattles

Ok, this is my first attempt at letting others read my patterns. I hope that you understand how my mind works! This pattern has not been tested so if you run into issues please let me know.

pictureforwebbc.jpg

Carrot Rattle

Supplies

Lily Sugar n’ Creme Cotton Yarn (Hot Orange and Sage Green)

3.5mm Hook

yarn needle

scrap yarn for marking rows

small round cat toy that rattles

Polyfil

Notes

Making my adjustable ring

wrap the end of your yarn around your first two fingers two times, so that the end of the yarn is closest to the end of your fingers.

Slide the crochet hook under the first loop, grab the second loop with the hook and draw it through the first loop.

Chain one (this counts as your first sc for the round)

Sc Decrease

place hook in stitch, yo, draw loop through

place hook in next stitch, yo, draw loop through

yo, draw it through all three loops on the hook

Sc Increase

place 2sc in one stitch

I used a scrap piece of yarn to mark the end of the round and moved it with each row.

Carrot Body

Using Hot Orange, Make adjustable ring (see notes), make 5 sc into the ring , place marker in the last sc

Round 1 2 sc in each stitch around

Round 2 (sc, sc increase) around

Round 3 sc in each st around

Round 4 (2sc, sc increase) around

Round 5 sc in each stitch around

Round 6 (3sc, sc increase) around

Round 7-10 sc in each stitch around

Round 11 (3 sc, sc decrease) around, insert ball

Round12-13 sc in each st around

*start stuffing the carrot as you go through the rest of the rounds

Round 14 (2sc, sc decrease) around

Round 15-17 sc in each stitch around

Round 18 (sc, sc decrease) around

Round 19-21 sc in each st around

Round 22 sc decrease around, sew close

Carrot Leaves (2)

Using Sage Green, chain 22

Row 1 sc in 2nd chain from the hook, sc in next 19 st, 3 sc in last st, 19 sc on the backside of the chain, ch 1, turn.

Row 2 Slip stitch over 5 st, *ch 5, dc in 3rd ch from hook, dc in next st, hdc in next stitch, skip 1 sc on main section, sc in ext st* repeat* around to last 6 st, slip stitch in last 6 st, fasten off leaving enough yarn to sew to top of carrot.

Sew leaves to the top of the carrot.

bandcforweb.jpg

Bunny Rattle

Supplies

Lily Sugar n’ Creme Cotton Yarn (White and Black)

3.5mm Hook

yarn needle

scrap yarn for marking rows

small round cat toy that rattles

Polyfil

Head and Body

Using White, Make adjustable ring (see notes), make 5 sc into the ring , place marker in the last sc

Round 1 2sc in each stitch around

Round 2 (sc, sc increase) around

Round 3 (2sc, sc increase) around

Round 4 (3sc, sc increase) around

Round 5-9 sc in each st around

Round10 (3sc, sc decrease) around, insert ball

Round 11 (2sc, sc decrease) around

Round 12 (sc, sc decrease) around

Round 13 (sc, sc increase) around

Round 14 sc in each st around

Round 15 (2sc, sc increase) around

Round 16 sc in each st around

Round 17 (3sc, sc increase) around

Round 18 sc in each st around

Round 19 (4sc, sc increase) around

Round 20-23 sc in each st around

Round 24 (4sc, sc decrease) around

Round 25 (3sc, sc decrease) around

Round 26 (2sc, sc decrease) around, stuff

Round 27 (sc, sc decrease) around

Round 28 sc decrease around, sew close

Ears (2)

Using White, Ch 15,

Row 1 sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in next 12 st, 3 sc in last st, sc in next 13 st on backside, ch1, turn

Row 2 sc in first 4 st, hdc in next 4 st, dc in next 13 st, hdc in next 4 st, sc in last 4 st, fasten off leaving enough yarn to sew to head

Tail

Using White, Make adjustable ring (see notes), make 5 sc into the ring , place marker in the last sc

Round 1 2sc in each st around

Round 2 sc in each st around

Round 3 sc decrease around, fasten off leaving enough yarn to sew to body

Sew ears and tail securly to the body, use the black yarn to create eyes and nose

Thanks for the pattern....they'll be great for my grandson at easter!!

They make up really quick. I did both of them in one day and I have to chase my 2 year old around the house. I was able to create a panda one for a friend this morning. It is rather addictive because it is so easy.

When I was making a rattle for a baby doll at Christmas, i got a small container from the gum machines at the mall. I put some beans in it, closed it back up and covered it with yarn.

I only mention this here because I did see those eggs at Michael's the other day and I was thinking that you could use them with beans in for a rattle. just a thought. These toys are just wayyyyyyyy toooooo cute. Love them

When I was making a rattle for a baby doll at Christmas, i got a small container from the gum machines at the mall. I put some beans in it, closed it back up and covered it with yarn.

I only mention this here because I did see those eggs at Michael's the other day and I was thinking that you could use them with beans in for a rattle. just a thought. These toys are just wayyyyyyyy toooooo cute. Love them

I had not thought of the candy machine containers. I attempted to make shakers last year using regular easter eggs that I crochet over, but my neice and daughter were able to quickly dislodge the bottom and I could never get them back together. That is why I chose the cat toy because it was completely sealed.

I had not thought of the candy machine containers. I attempted to make shakers last year using regular easter eggs that I crochet over, but my neice and daughter were able to quickly dislodge the bottom and I could never get them back together. That is why I chose the cat toy because it was completely sealed.

i think I remember those ones. They were neat and cheap if I remember correctly. :cat.

i :manyheart those!! esp the carrot!! i could see my little man chewing on that for hours! :D

very cute!! thanks for sharing :hook

I added this pattern to my favorites. I like your bunny better than the Lion Brand one on their website. Your ears are better, not as freakishly huge. :shrug I like that the body & head are in one piece. I am not as creative thinking to have thought that little time-saver myself. Thanks for the pattern.

Enjoy your day, everyone!:c9

I added this pattern to my favorites. I like your bunny better than the Lion Brand one on their website. Your ears are better, not as freakishly huge. :shrug I like that the body & head are in one piece. I am not as creative thinking to have thought that little time-saver myself. Thanks for the pattern.

Enjoy your day, everyone!:c9

Give yourself time, I never thought that I was creative enough to make all of the neat things that I see out there. You might suprise yourself soon.

These little rattles are so adorable! Thanks so much for posting the pattern. :hook

Archived