Bernat Pink Camo Scarf

Lisaizme

Was a valentines gift for my dd in college. It was well received as it is COLD where she is right now (she doesn't usually like pink, but she does like camo).

th_MVC-001F.jpg

clickable

AWESOME scarf! What stitch did you use?

It's called Crosshatch Stitch I in "The Harmony Guide, 300 Crochet Stitches" on page 30. It might be in other stitch guides, but I don't know as I don't have others.

I work it lengthwise instead of across..

Thanks to everyone for all the compliments.

RoseRed's post just above mine is fine. Stitches cannot be copyrighted, so it's all right for anyone to publish their own directions to a particular stitch, such as the cross hatch stitch being discussed here.

The jpfun website has written the instructions in their own words, so they are not violating any copyright issues.

If they had just typed in the exact written words found in the Harmony Stitch Guide, that would have been a problem in light of our forum guidelines relating to copyright.

I did some googling and found it at the JPF crochet club.

http://www.jpfun.com/reference/stitches/crshtch.shtml

I'm going to pm Amy to make sure it's ok to post this here.

Woohoo!! Glad you found that. Now I can give ya'll some tips I've discovered to make the scarf "more better" :D

Tips:

Repeat row 2 until scarf is as wide as you like. The one displayed I started by chaining 210. When finished, it took slightly over 1 skein.

Fringe ends of scarf or not as it pleases you.

If your chains are too tight to crochet into, just work over them. It looks ALMOST the same.

On the last row.. only ch 2 instead of 3. Gives a more "finished" look.

If working with solid color yarns, you can change colors every row or every other row for a striped effect.

th_crosshatch2.jpg th_crosshatch.jpg

LionbrandHomespun BernatSofteeChunky

Archived