This is getting annoying

Is anyone else having trouble getting back to viewing after posting in a quick post window. I now have to peel back the addy or start in a new window as the old one is out for the count. The post gets posted but the page fades into the dim shadows somewhere.

I am thinking it is the :google ads myself as the two things happened at the same time. (But then I am not a big fan of google at the best of times lately - I am convinced the AntiChrist will be a Google exec :rofl just kidding)

Does anyone have a cure for this?

Is anyone else having trouble getting back to viewing after posting in a quick post window. I now have to peel back the addy or start in a new window as the old one is out for the count. The post gets posted but the page fades into the dim shadows somewhere.

I am thinking it is the :google ads myself as the two things happened at the same time. (But then I am not a big fan of google at the best of times lately - I am convinced the AntiChrist will be a Google exec :rofl just kidding)

Does anyone have a cure for this?

I haven't as of yet noticed anything.

I feel that way about Bill Gates...:rofl

I use Firefox too with no problems.. but when did the Google ads show up? Those themselves are just darn annoying :(

Read here for why we had to reinstitute the Google ads.

When I try to post in the quick reply box it just loads and loads forever. I've ben hitting stop, back and reload and then it loads just fine with the new post in it.

For me - it's just 3 little clicks so it's not a biggie.

I'm having the same problem w/ quick post and the page loading, but if I click on the go button next to the address bar, it loads with my post. I'm using Firefox on a Mac (both of which need to be updated)

Joyce

I'm having that problem, too. I'm actually doubtful if this post will go through. For the record, I'm on an Apple iBook, using Firefox. No way am I going to change either! And I am quite fond of Google, actually. But if were to mention how MS Windows s destroying the world :D

I'm using a Mac G5 and alternate between Safari & Firefox but not having the problem some of you are having. It might be your computer. Have you run a Scandisk (WIN98 users) or a Disk Defrag ((98 & XP users) recently? Have you cleared out your Cache, History & Cookie files lately? My bet is if you do all these things, your computer won't be giving you anymore problems with reloading. Cache, History & Cookie files will become so full that they will clog up your system and make it run slower & sluggish, prevent windows from opening as quickly and just make it very annoying. If you don't know where these folders/programs are on your computer, let me know and I'll guide you.

Firefox is an Internet browser in the way that Internet Explorer or Netscape is a browser.

However IE and Firefox have nothing more in common when it comes to actually working well. :rofl

Just a little personal bias there maybe.

I'm having several problems this morning. Can't seem to open in a new window today, and I've done the maintenance on my PC already to see if that fixed the problem. Am on Windows.

I'm not sure what maintenance you've done, so please excuse me if this is something you've already tried.

Have you tried clearing your browser's cookies and cache, rebooting, and trying again?

Another possibility for those having problems: are you using any type of anti-advertising software? If so, your settings in those programs could be interfering with the proper functioning of this forum now that ads are active again.

Archived