Scrap Afghan CAL

Doula4U

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Got a pic? :D

:lol I should totally take a picture! I might get banned for the blasphemy to the wonderful art of crochet though. :lol

I can't wait to get this dang sweater done so I can start this CAL, I wanna actually earn some points on the stashbusters for once, hahaha.

Ok, started this yesterday, used up a bunch of balls too! I'm using a P hook, doing single crochet. I chained 151 to start cause it's going to be a blanket for DH and he's 6'2" So this way it's long enough to cover him, now it may take forever to make it the right width though.

Is everyone just using solid colored yarn? Wondering what would happen if there was some verigated thrown in there?

I may end up using this method for MANY other kinds of blankets!

Athba- hello there yes as one color finishes add another. I started with the following colors

green, purple pink

green, pink, yellow

pink yellow, orange

pink, yellow, red

pink, red, blue

pink, blue, brown

now the pink is finally coming to an end and I will put another color in there. As the colors end you put a new color in there. Its quite interesting.

Crystal wow I thought my N hook was big. Your P hook must be enormous. Its certainly strange going back and forth between projects when one is using a G Hook and this one is a N Hook.

Using the 3 strands certainly makes it thick.

I have started with 90 chains and not sure how big Im going to make it.

How long did it take you to do the first one? I need to count my rows. I just sat down and did about 2 rows is all. And here I thought that was a lot! lol

Hey Lauralee

I finished it in about 4 days...but thats all I worked on.

I did 103 ch. Dc in 4th ch from hook and away you go. I didn't do anything fancy at all. It turned out big enuf to fit two people under. :yes

biz

Athba yes with this ghan you use the 3 strands together thats why we are using such a big hook. Its quite easy and fun.

Biz wow you finished it in 4 days. Im only doing sc and am thinking maybe I should have done it in double crochet but its still going rather quickly.

I must put a pic on here soon. Can we see a pic of yours.

dab nabit ! this cal keeps calling my name !!!!!!!!!!!! but i have some UFO's to do

i will cheer you on from the background until i have time to do one....i want to make a baby size one for charity :heart

Athba yes with this ghan you use the 3 strands together thats why we are using such a big hook. Its quite easy and fun.

Biz wow you finished it in 4 days. Im only doing sc and am thinking maybe I should have done it in double crochet but its still going rather quickly.

I must put a pic on here soon. Can we see a pic of yours.

Here is a link to it while it was WIP. I don't have my camera to take a pic of completed. I will do that after this weekend. http://bizzycrochet.blogspot.com/2007/02/scrap-afghan-wip.html

It was a really fun blanket to make. I love to complete projects and I usually avoid blankets because they can take so long. But I loved this one because #1- I didn't have to think and #2- It worked up sooo fast!

Ya know you could always switch to dc...?? Make it go faster?

b

I was just thinking about doing something like this, but I am in the process of useing the Russion joining method to join all my scraps together and I was only going to use 2 strand. but 3 might be fun. I don't think I have enough colors to make it look unplanned though, so I'm going to have to wait for a few more project to start this one.

I was just thinking about doing something like this, but I am in the process of useing the Russion joining method to join all my scraps together and I was only going to use 2 strand. but 3 might be fun. I don't think I have enough colors to make it look unplanned though, so I'm going to have to wait for a few more project to start this one.

Russian join..oh wow..I tried that once. It is not a street I plan to go down again...:eek

I wish I had to make more projects to get more stash...the stash seems to just BE....like gray hair...the more you pluck out, the more that comes back!!!

I would love to join this....I have started on a three strand but I am doing a ripple using this pattern http://home.att.net/~susanBinKC/patterns/ripple.html and a P hook. So far it does not seem too stiff and has a nice drape to it but it will definitely be warm. I was working on it last night and got about a quarter of the way done. I will try and get a pic posted some time tomorrow.

I would love to join this....I have started on a three strand but I am doing a ripple using this pattern http://home.att.net/~susanBinKC/patterns/ripple.html and a P hook. So far it does not seem too stiff and has a nice drape to it but it will definitely be warm. I was working on it last night and got about a quarter of the way done. I will try and get a pic posted some time tomorrow.

Wow!! 1/4 of the way done? How many hours was that for you? I must be slow or something. lol

Archived