Scrap Afghan CAL

Doula4U

Debbi, I had that too, where I had tons of one color. I realized cleaning out my stash that I have a love for red, orange, and purple. ?? Go figure.

My MIL was inspired by my scrap afghans to make her own. She is on her second one, but she had to buy all her yarn. She doesn't crochet much so she didn't have a stash. She was trying soooo hard to make it ugly, but no matter what colors she puts with what, it looks great! You can't miss with this afghan!

biz

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually use lots of blues but I used them up on other things. I was going to use my scrap yarn for a poncho but decided not to make it, but it's a nice shawl and will work for the charity blitz shawl (maybe). And I have another stripy afghan in blues, greens, whites, off whites that I never finished, just one strand and sc, and only maybe 15 inches wide, if that. So that's where all my blues went to. I may frog the stripy afghan because I'm not going to finish it as I've used up the rest of my blues (some in this afghan). That might be interesting to do with this afghan, frog that one for one strand while I use 2 others from skeins... hmm...

Debbi

Well, I am now on row 66 with this 'ghan. I am working on it a lot more too. And I have such a long way to go!! lol It sure is fun seeing the new colors come out tho! Just changing the one strand of yarn changes it so much! I need to start making longer tails when I change colors. I am using the knot method. I figured..it's ugly right? lol I have already weaved in some ends and cut them off just so I don't have a million to do later. Just here and there I am doing that.

Happy hooking!

I sort of measured mine this morning. 37 rows at 21 inches. I folded it in 4s and measured that, as it's so long. Approximately 60 inches wide. I would like it to be longer then 60 inches so it's going to be a wide afghan. I figure a lot of rows to make it long. But it will be nice to wrap myself up in it (especially when I'm sick).

Debbi

I'm realling enjoying doing this afghan. It is nice to finish up some little skiens of yarn. I'm using one I wanted for my tetris but couldn't find the same color! And I have no idea what it was as the lable fell off too long ago. And it is so warm and it's been cold in the mornings lately so it works nice. I have about 24 inches done. I didn't count the rows.

Debbi

You girls are just awful....I have a few things to finish up but then I am in. I am in such a need to use up some of my stash and this would defenatly be a good way to use some of it up. It may be a week or two.

Brenda, If I was in the stashbusting CAL (I don't think I have that much, but maybe) my score would be sky high (i'm a lurker there to see some finished projects :lurk ). I used up about 3 half skeins this morning. And so much before that it's scarey. And it's even scarier as I have more yarn :eek . LOL.

Debbi

Debbi, It will be beautiful when it's done, and it will be warm too :-)

I'm using single crochet and a P hook for mine also. Mine is almost big enough and I'm thinking of stating another one. These go sooooo fast!

can we see photos of your ghan please???:devil

Welcome Debbi! I'm glad you chose us to use up that yarn. :)

Would you all mind not talking about how fast they work up? hee hee I just counted my rows. I have only 52 done!! Now I am all depressed. lol

But as Bizzy says...movin' some is better than not movin' at all.

I would LOVE to see pics of the 'ghans as they are in progress (HINT HINT)

~LL~

how big is your ghan right now??? :think

can`t wait to start mine :blush

This is something I would love to try! :hook At the moment I'm working on a shawl and "hope" to have it finished by next weekend. I plan to give it to my sister for Easter. It's a lavender shawl and it's the first crochet pattern in the Lion Brand Prayer Shawl Ministry book. And I need to work on 2 baby blankets, and finish a red/white/blue afghan I started July 5 (2006), and I want to work on some squares....oh my...:P:lol Guess I will put this on my list too! :manyheart

~cadie :)

Cadie,

Put this on your WIP too! I am obviously a slow crocheter as I am only 3/4 done with my first afghan or so. Others have completed 3 or more! So even if you do a few rows here and there we'd love to have you.

q8_crochet beautiful afghan and other projects. You sure you don't want the ends to be the outside of the purse... :hook

Laura, I'm glady your afghan is so big. Mine is going to be big too. I measured it and the width is about 54 inches. I can't remember the length right now I think I'm up to 35 inches or somewhere around there. I did lot on Saturday as I had the window open by my chair and it was a bit cool wind coming through. Perfect for this afghan! It's suppose to be cold again this week, not what I want, i want Spring, but it works for this afghan. Besides a week from Friday I'm housesitting for a friend and it's cold in the basement where the 63 inch TV is at so I want to be warm...

Again I'm using a P hook and 3 strands in single crochet. I can't remember the number of stitches I started with. I didn't take an updated pic, will later.

Guess I should write things down as I have a notebook I carry with me everywhere:blush

Debbi

Cadie,

Put this on your WIP too! I am obviously a slow crocheter as I am only 3/4 done with my first afghan or so. Others have completed 3 or more! So even if you do a few rows here and there we'd love to have you.

What's one more project?:D I'm in on this one! :cheer It will help get rid of some yarn and then I can go buy more yarn! :dance It may take me a while since I've got several projects that I'm trying to finish at a certain time.

Is there a time limit on this?

~cadie :hook

Archived