Scrap Afghan CAL

Doula4U

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
>

Glad you found your camera! And what a great looking scrap afghan!

What is the stitch?? Looks like a shell stitch, maybe?

It's a cluster. I crochet those so much faster. 1sc and 2dc to make the cluster.

Thanks for the compliment

It's a cluster. I crochet those so much faster. 1sc and 2dc to make the cluster.

Thanks for the compliment

I really like this afghan and this stitch. It is like the Bubble afghan in the 2007 crochet a day calander. I am making that one for a soon to be born baby at church and was thinking if using this stitch to make this afghan once I get to it!! I will use this stitch as your's is beautiful!!!

LauraLee I love your afghan! You used so many colors it makes it look great. I have parts with a long stream of the same 3 colors because if larger then half skiens of yarn, but that's fine, it's getting used up. I like your stitch. I did the a baby afghan in that stitch and it's a nice one. I didn't think of it for a scrapyarn afghan!

Debbi

LauraLee I love your afghan! You used so many colors it makes it look great. I have parts with a long stream of the same 3 colors because if larger then half skiens of yarn, but that's fine, it's getting used up. I like your stitch. I did the a baby afghan in that stitch and it's a nice one. I didn't think of it for a scrapyarn afghan!

Debbi

Thank you! It is colorful, to be sure. lol

I just like this stitch. It is easy for it to come off my hook for some reason. I use it alot to make rectangles for a charity.

It sure is heavy!!

The stitch is nice. I worked on mine for about 3-4 rows. I started 2 new colors. And it is heavy too! I'm going to love the wide width of mine, I can wrap it around me and then some! It will be so comfy to curl up in.

Debbi

well i'm not sure if this counts or not but here's a shell afghan i've been working on. i'm using pretty much anything i have in my stash. i'm planning on giving it to my cousins daughter for her 5th birthday in about 2 weeks. i've done about 60 rows so far and i'll probably do about 20-25 more. it measures about 39 1/2 inches long so with the border it'll be around 41 or so. please tell me honestly if it is ok to give as a gift because of all the colors. thanks

http://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o39/cherinec5/?action=view&current=Picture101.jpg

Cherinec5- That looks like it'll be perfect for a 5 year old. They love such bright colors.

q8- Thanks for the welcome. I don't know what the secret is, I just keep plugging away at them while we watch movies at night. The more time I have at night to crochet, the faster they go.

I think I'm actually looking forward to starting another one. I have at least one more bag of scraps to get through. These blankets have been THE best thing to happen to my stash!!

biz

I have to admit, this CAL intrigues me. The utter chaos and random nature of just grabbing a hook and whatever yarn and continuing with no plan whatsoever . . . it's so me! After I get some other projects done, I might have to do this fun stashbuster.

well i'm not sure if this counts or not but here's a shell afghan i've been working on. i'm using pretty much anything i have in my stash. i'm planning on giving it to my cousins daughter for her 5th birthday in about 2 weeks. i've done about 60 rows so far and i'll probably do about 20-25 more. it measures about 39 1/2 inches long so with the border it'll be around 41 or so. please tell me honestly if it is ok to give as a gift because of all the colors. thanks

http://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o39/cherinec5/?action=view&current=Picture101.jpg

I think it's perfect for a little girl....all the bright colors. I liked all of your stuff, very pretty. i loved the blue/shiny/fuzzy looking yarn. It's great you can knit too. i always wanted to learn, but never have.:yay

These blankets have been THE best thing to happen to my stash!!

biz

I agree 100%!! My stash has had some serious busting! There's still more though! I love the randomness of these 3 strand afghans. It's fun to see how the new colors combine.

Some of the color combinations in my Afghan, I was a little unsure of, but they actually don't look too bad together!

I am down to about 25 small balls or yarn in the bottom of my tote, There are a lot of Whites/Creams I think I need to go through some totes in my Shed and get some small balls out.

I'm loving this though, I go through the balls of yarn so quickly!

I have to admit, this CAL intrigues me. The utter chaos and random nature of just grabbing a hook and whatever yarn and continuing with no plan whatsoever . . . it's so me! After I get some other projects done, I might have to do this fun stashbuster.

Cindy, can't wait to have you join us!!!

Archived