Scrap Afghan CAL

Doula4U

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know how to count!!!!

So I told you all I had 16 rows done. But in reality it was 32. lol I thought 16 seemed low even for as little as I can crochet. hee hee So now I have 35 ish or so done.

Bizzy, I can't wait to see pics!!

I am noticing I need more variety in my yarn. Hope to get that accomplished.

LauraLee

I'm about 14 rows into the ghan. I love the way the colors all just sorta mash together. The first one has a couple strips that remind all of us of either pizza, spaghetti or lasagna. :lol Theres a burnt red, orange and a warm brown color all together. It's kind of funny what the colors make you think of as you're going along!

The first one has a couple strips that remind all of us of either pizza, spaghetti or lasagna. :lol Theres a burnt red, orange and a warm brown color all together. It's kind of funny what the colors make you think of as you're going along!

i thought it was just me!! LOL

i had icecream and mexican in mine :lol

Wow!! 1/4 of the way done? How many hours was that for you? I must be slow or something. lol

It took a few hours. With the P hook I think it goes pretty fast and Thursday nights are my sit and watch TV and crochet nights (usually). I think I started around 7 or so and crocheted off and on until after the news at 11.....and....I haven't had a chance to work on it since but hopefully tonight or tomorrow maybe.

Here is a pic of it so far.

th_3strand.jpg (clickable)

It is not totally random but I had a HUGE ball of bright blue to use up and a lot of black so I was keeping the black and blue and then adding a third color. The first strip is red and the third is orange which doesn't show up to well in the picture.

wildflwr--very nice! Might be TOO nice for this Ugly Ghan CAL :lol

I took my 'ghan to a meeting last night and all the ladies said they really like it. I guess it isn't so bad. Always my own worse critic I suppose. But then the kids saying how ugly it is doesn't help either. lol

I'm working a shift tonight that is pretty slow so I am hoping to get some done!

LauraLee

Thanks Biz and Clare!

:lol :lol LauraLee .... I think this is the first of a few and the next ones will be more ugly or at least a lot more random.

I am almost finished with this one but ran out of the bright blue I was using and I have to go dig around the stash and hopefully I will find some more. I can't wait to start on a totally ugly one....after all beauty is in the eye of the beholder right?!?!?! ;)

I just refuse to believe we are creating ugliness, ya'll! :no

Just like every person has a talent..whether it be hidden or not...every blanket has a beauty! :yes I personally love the mish-mash of colors.

Of course, I really like bright colors.

Lauralee....ignore your kids! :P Listen to the ladies @ your group! :hook

I am half way through 3strand #2- It is even more mish-mashed than the first one. I am really diggin through the messy yarn now. I really never realized how many little balls of yarn i had :eek . It's quite insane. I'll get a pic posted soon as I can.

Deb- Are you almost finished with your blanket?

biz

Amber, welcome! Let us know when you start your 'ghan.

Bizzy- 20 lashes with a wet noodle!! get busy!! hee hee

I worked on my 'ghan last night some and am about to do a little more now. I think my kids are actually coming around now that there are more colors on the 'ghan. It is really wide! How wide (inches wise) are the ones you guys are making?

LauraLee

i have a pattern in mind for mine. do i have to just do this off the top of my head or can i use a pattern for mine? and can i use 2 strands in stead of 3?

These afghans are turning out beautiful! At least from the few pictures that have been shared.

They're all so unique and different. I've got to hurry on my ripple so I can start this one.

this is so much fun!!!!!!!i have only done 5 rounds and im loving it. i am useing caron sipmly soft brites( i have a lot) and a 9mm hook. its a 7 pointed star pattern. i will post a pic as soon as i get it bigger.:hook

this is the pattern i'm using, but i'm using 2 strands

http://patternsbydot.blogspot.com/2006/01/scrumptious-scraps-afghan.html

It is for my 9 month old son. I thought he needed an afghan that would fit him for a while so I am making a square afghan.

Amanda...that is a great pattern. I would love to try that one too but wonder if it would look okay without the black in it.

Here is a pic of my progress so far.

th_3strand2.jpg clickable

I am still stash searching for some more bright blue yarn to keep going. I have not really had a chance to go digging but hopefully this weekend.

Amanda...that is a great pattern. I would love to try that one too but wonder if it would look okay without the black in it.

Here is a pic of my progress so far.

th_3strand2.jpg clickable

I am still stash searching for some more bright blue yarn to keep going. I have not really had a chance to go digging but hopefully this weekend.

the way the pattern is you would have to subsitute something for black like more scrap yarn.

Archived