Scrap Afghan CAL

Doula4U

I'm interested in starting a 3 strand scrap afghan CAL (aka: 3SUB [3Strand Ugly Blanket]). This afghan would be any stitch you like to use. Just grab 3 different yarns out of your stash and start crocheting. When one ball/skein is used up attach another color and keep on going. The more mixed up the yarn the better. No color scheme's allowed. :) Just close your eyes and randomly pick the next color(s) to work with.

I have one that is 1/4 started and thought it would be fun to do this with others and share how wild our afghans can be. :)

Any takers?

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now see, if I wasn't stuck on my darn ripple I'd join this.

I'm really regretting making such a large ripple now. I work and work on it and seem to get no closer to finishing. Plus I've got 2 other projects going....I'm afraid I just won't be able to.

I've got no room left around the house for my projects anymore :(

I've been planning on doing something like this, so I'm definitely in! I did a mini version of this for my 'cat mats' and one turned out very pretty and gets used frequently, and the other is pretty ugly-tastic and just lies in a heap. (Not just the yarn, I kept increasing because I wasn't paying attention and it looks like a rhombus.) :blush

oh and I forgot, I was trying to do stripes, and ran out of one color, so the pattern ended up looking like an ugly misshapen piece of bacon. :grumpy Sorry, had to rant about the uglyness. :D

Ok Im on my 6th row and all is good. I keep watching to see if I have finished a ball so I can put another color in there.

Has anyone had this problem. Im using the 10mm hook and doing single crochet and it does seem a bit hard on my hand after awhile. My right hand is aching.

I'm in!!! I'll start this today and add it to my growing pile of WIP's. I've been wanting to start this one, but was waiting, and now I have a good excuse to do it!:clap

Geez, I would love to join in on tis, but I need to finish a few projects first. Maybe in a couple of weeks, I will have the blue star done and I can join in here. But I still have three projects in the background as well. I have trouble explaining to hubby if I have too many WIP at one time going on. He's jealous of my crocheting half the time anyway.

I've been planning on doing something like this, so I'm definitely in! I did a mini version of this for my 'cat mats' and one turned out very pretty and gets used frequently, and the other is pretty ugly-tastic and just lies in a heap. (Not just the yarn, I kept increasing because I wasn't paying attention and it looks like a rhombus.) :blush

oh and I forgot, I was trying to do stripes, and ran out of one color, so the pattern ended up looking like an ugly misshapen piece of bacon. :grumpy Sorry, had to rant about the uglyness. :D

Got a pic? :D

Ok Im on my 6th row and all is good. I keep watching to see if I have finished a ball so I can put another color in there.

Has anyone had this problem. Im using the 10mm hook and doing single crochet and it does seem a bit hard on my hand after awhile. My right hand is aching.

Good job!! How many chains did you start with? I can see how your hand would hurt with the sc. I am using a cluster for my 'ghan.

And I have been using smaller balls so far. You could stop one of the colors you are using and connect a new one..and save the remainder for later in the 'ghan if you are getting bored.

LauraLee

Good job!! How many chains did you start with? I can see how your hand would hurt with the sc. I am using a cluster for my 'ghan.

LauraLee

I started with about 90 chains. Doing the single crochet has made it a bit stiff. Doing a cluster is it still stiff. I guess with 3 strands its going to be.

What stitch is everyone else doing.

I started with about 90 chains. Doing the single crochet has made it a bit stiff. Doing a cluster is it still stiff. I guess with 3 strands its going to be.

What stitch is everyone else doing.

It is quite a bit more stiff than normal, yes. I would think doing sc would be tough to do. But then I am not a sc kinda girl. :)

I should get in there and get some more done while the house is kinda quiet.

LauraLee

I might do a baby 'ghan with this method. A friend just gifted me with two boxes of baby yarn (I mean the really fine stuff--not a lot of experience with that). I'll look through it and see if I"ve got enough colors that will work together, and look through my patterns to plan it out a little....*sigh* I'm becoming a CAL junkie! :D

Hey!! Count me in!! I have the first one done, but have at least one if not two more to go!!

biz

How long did it take you to do the first one? I need to count my rows. I just sat down and did about 2 rows is all. And here I thought that was a lot! lol

:rofl you must be crocheting tooo much i did a double crochet on mine ...but sometimes i get a aching hand too

How long did it take you to do the first one? I need to count my rows. I just sat down and did about 2 rows is all. And here I thought that was a lot! lol

i took me 4 days to do my first one :blush but i did do about 4 hours of crocheting each day:hook

Archived