Scrap Afghan CAL

Doula4U

The Q is bigger. If you crochet tight you will probably want a Q hook but if you crochet loose a P hook will work with 3 strands. I don;t really like the Q hook, I crochet too loose, but have used it. Of course it depends on the stitch you use too. If you do a double crochet a P hook will work with 3 strands on any tension, but sc is tighter so it maybe hard to tell. If you're not sure, try both on a square and then work your afghan!

Debbi

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I started my scrap afghan this afternoon. :D

Size P hook

Chained = 100

Colors using at the moment - turquoise, yellow, light chocolate brown

Stitch using - hdc

5 rows completed - working on row 6

Did I mention that this is ADDICTING!!!! :manyheart

~cadie :hook

It is Addicting!! LOL. Congrats on getting so far on your afghan!

I started my scrap afghan this afternoon. :D

Size P hook

Chained = 100

Colors using at the moment - turquoise, yellow, light chocolate brown

Stitch using - hdc

5 rows completed - working on row 6

Did I mention that this is ADDICTING!!!!

~cadie

Way to go Cadie! Yep, it's very addicting and fun to see how the color changes happen. Someone named these Ugly Blankets, but I haven't seen an ugly one yet!

:laughroll As I was working on the afghan this afternoon and thinking about all the other color yarn that I will be using the first thought that came to my mind was that this was going to be an "ugly" afghan. :yes But if I can work my colors right - well we'll see. :D When I am working on the afghan - it seems to work up quickly.

:laughroll As I was working on the afghan this afternoon and thinking about all the other color yarn that I will be using the first thought that came to my mind was that this was going to be an "ugly" afghan. :yes But if I can work my colors right - well we'll see. :D When I am working on the afghan - it seems to work up quickly.

Cadie,

You are NOT allowed to plan this out with colors! Nope, no, no way. Be RANDOM! Close your eyes and pull the next skein outta the stash to work on. Seriously. That's exactly what I did and what this is all about. You can do it!!! :hook

Cadie,

You are NOT allowed to plan this out with colors! Nope, no, no way. Be RANDOM! Close your eyes and pull the next skein outta the stash to work on. Seriously. That's exactly what I did and what this is all about. You can do it!!! :hook

:rofl Random huh...then it will be ugly! :rofl

:rofl Random huh...then it will be ugly! :rofl

I couldn't believe it when someone told me that either. I'm like "WHAT??" But seriously, they look great like that! Don't make a judgement on the afghan until it is a good 1/4 done. At first it looks horrible.

My kids like pointing out their favorite color combinations and naming them. :D

Cadie,

Well... I haven't totally done that:blush what I've done is if I pull out a green and I'm working on a green I'll take another shot and get a different color. I do want 3 different colors. But I may change my mind later. Right now I have enough skiens and colors I'm not too worried, although if I finish a green I will add another green and continue with green. Or if I have a few in my bag I'm using for this afghan and don't want to get up to get a different color I may choose the same color (sometimes I can get lazy:yes :no LOL

Debbi

I couldn't believe it when someone told me that either. I'm like "WHAT??" But seriously, they look great like that! Don't make a judgement on the afghan until it is a good 1/4 done. At first it looks horrible.

My kids like pointing out their favorite color combinations and naming them. :D

My luck - the pink, orange and burgundy will be next....:eek:lol:D

That's why I have to put this on hold, even though I wan it done! I'm concentrating on my Tetris afghan right now and making squares (I stopped while doing this afghan). Although with this snow coming down I may pick up this afghan... I need a better balance between projects... maybe...

Debbi

Ok - this is fun! :yay Choosing colors at random and putting them together makes me giggle. And being that it is additive - my other projects have been put on hold! :lol

Hee hee it *is* addicting isn't it?

ok ok ok i will do this afghan

actully i have left overs , and some new yarns i wanted to use it for the blue star afghan but as i see they don`t seem to be enough

but they are enough for this cal

and we turned on the air condetioner so it`s cold and sweet in my room i need a warm afghan :cheer

LauraLee

you started this adective cal and you should post photos or someone will be kicked :lol

I have no idea what happened to my digital camera!! I keep asking my kids. I am hoping one of them didn't take it somewhere and lose it! I wouldn't be a happy mama. But I haven't seen it in quite sometime. :(

Sorry to hear about your digital camera!

I worked on mine this morning because ti was a little cool and I had some time. I'm up to 40 inches long and 70 rows! Doing sc and size P hook. Can't remember the amount of stitches across but it's about 54 inches wide.

Debbi

LOL yes I know. However it does take a little longer to do a dc then a sc, at least for me. And since I crochet lose and I wanted a real warm afghan I did it in sc.

I have a question, this afghan is soooo heavy that I'm thinking it may have to be washed in a special washer at the laundry mat, the kind for big quilts and comforters? Mine is heavy and huge! And if not, I probably wouldn't want to wash it in ours as it's not that good of a washer right now (need a new one soon).

Debbi

Archived