Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

I got 14 saltines done today :dance That's more than I've done in weeks in one day :hook

Just 4 more saltines then the main blocks for the LC will be done :dance Then about 40 million black squares :hook

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Ladies,

Sorry I have not been around lately. Still making squares off and on. I will have to do a count soon.

Linda that is very pretty I can't wait to see the finished product!

I will have to go back and do some reading I am sure you ladies have been busy. Mary. I saw Gracie....she looked too cute in the collar.

Everyone have a wonderful day!

I got 14 saltines done today :dance That's more than I've done in weeks in one day :hook

Just 4 more saltines then the main blocks for the LC will be done :dance Then about 40 million black squares :hook

Better you than me! Black squares and me are not a good mix.

I got woke up an hour early today when the doctor's office called to see if we could move Kim's appointment up from 3:30 to 3:00. Yeah, we can, but, boy, way I not ready to wake up yet. Kim slept through it. Lucky her. I guess it's now time to get moving. Nuts!

Good morning ladies :flower

How is everyone this glorious day? :D I hoping to get those last 4 saltines made today to finish off block #12 of the LC :hook And maybe a few of the black squares too :D

I hope everyone has a perfect wonderful day :manyheart

Hi, Linda and Cara!

Linda, those early calls are a pain....

Cara, seems like you had a good night!

Boy are they ever! They called John, too. He waited to call me until noon. I've got the directions printed out to the office and all her meds collected as well as a list of all of them. They specified that they wanted the actual containers of meds. What a pain! Anybody want to bet they'll just take a copy of the list I printed up instead of looking at the bottles?

Hey all.

I haven't been in here in forever. I'm trying to get back into the school routine again so I'm not sure how often I'll be hopping in here.

I have 30 solids to report though. I've started another scrappy do ghan.

Happy Wednesday, Ladies. :)

Just checking in...been busy with Christmas gifts so haven't got eny squares done...but will get back to them...Can you believe there's only about 17 weeks left??So I thought I better get one that...lol.

Linda

Love the lace...its beautiful!!

Hi Shay! Good for you for getting a head start on Christmas. :yes

Hello Ladies,

Sorry I have not been around lately. Still making squares off and on. I will have to do a count soon.

Linda that is very pretty I can't wait to see the finished product!

I will have to go back and do some reading I am sure you ladies have been busy. Mary. I saw Gracie....she looked too cute in the collar.

Everyone have a wonderful day!

Selanda! It's great to see you here. Thanks for the comment about Gracie. :)

Glad we're all still here!! I have a Halloween ghan on my WIM list for next year.

Yay! Are you going to do Cara's Fall ghan?

Good morning ladies :flower

How is everyone this glorious day? :D I hoping to get those last 4 saltines made today to finish off block #12 of the LC :hook And maybe a few of the black squares too :D

I hope everyone has a perfect wonderful day :manyheart

I agree with Linda about the black. :lol How many do you have to make?

Hey all.

I haven't been in here in forever. I'm trying to get back into the school routine again so I'm not sure how often I'll be hopping in here.

I have 30 solids to report though. I've started another scrappy do ghan.

Donna, I hope all is well with you. I've added 30 solids to the list.

Boy are they ever! They called John, too. He waited to call me until noon. I've got the directions printed out to the office and all her meds collected as well as a list of all of them. They specified that they wanted the actual containers of meds. What a pain! Anybody want to bet they'll just take a copy of the list I printed up instead of looking at the bottles?

It doesn't make sense to have to take bottles and the list...but I spent years taking ziplocs of MIL's pill bottles to appts. and they hardly ever looked at them. I hope Kim is feeling okay. :manyheart

Have I whined enough about summer? :lol I went to Target, Petsmart and CVS and the car didn't cool down between stops. DH will be home Friday, so I thought I'd better plan some meals and buy groceries. :)

No bets because that's what my pain management doctor used to do. I finally told him if he wasn't going to look at them then I wasn't going to bring them anymore :lol He said I didn't have to anymore because his problem with me is me not taking enough of the pain meds. They make me feel bad so I sort of avoid them :blush

I agree with Linda about the black. :lol How many do you have to make?

I don't know exactly but I know it's over 150 :yes

Mary, I'm not sure which Haloween ghan I want to make. I have one from epatterns (I think) which has a black cat on it:hook

:eek Better you than me. :lol

Mary, I'm not sure which Haloween ghan I want to make. I have one from epatterns (I think) which has a black cat on it:hook

You've got me thinking about Fall now. :yes

Time for some crocheting.:hook

Hi everybody!

I've been reading all the posts, but I'm afraid I'm too far behind to catch up. Things seem to be calming down a little for me. I'm working on comfortghan squares this evening. Then I'll start working bookmarks for the swap here.

If you all think of it, I'm trying to find a better 6" square than a traditional granny to go in the ghan. I love traditional grannies and am okay with those, but thought it would be nice to mix it up some. I've looked all over crochetpatterncentral, but there are so many of them and can't find anything that's called me.

Anywho, no biggie...just in case you have one you love and want to steer me there. I cannot find my 101 Squares book anywhere! Grr....

Chat with you all soon.

If you all think of it, I'm trying to find a better 6" square than a traditional granny to go in the ghan. I love traditional grannies and am okay with those, but thought it would be nice to mix it up some. I've looked all over crochetpatterncentral, but there are so many of them and can't find anything that's called me.

Anywho, no biggie...just in case you have one you love and want to steer me there. I cannot find my 101 Squares book anywhere! Grr....

Chat with you all soon.

What about chaining 22 or so, depending on your tension, and working up a square with hdc stitches? That's a variation of the pattern I use for the HAP rectangles.

Nicole - I'd just pick my favorite stitch and work it up into a six inch block :yes

Speaking of blocks.....

The last of the LC blocks are done :fame:woo:lol Thank goodness :whew Now for all those black saltines :hook

What about chaining 22 or so, depending on your tension, and working up a square with hdc stitches? That's a variation of the pattern I use for the HAP rectangles.

Good idea! Thanks...I might work up some of those type of squares.

Nicole - I'd just pick my favorite stitch and work it up into a six inch block :yes

Speaking of blocks.....

The last of the LC blocks are done :fame:woo:lol Thank goodness :whew Now for all those black saltines :hook

We must have been posting at the same time. I'm going to do just that. Thanks

It doesn't make sense to have to take bottles and the list...but I spent years taking ziplocs of MIL's pill bottles to appts. and they hardly ever looked at them. I hope Kim is feeling okay. :manyheart

He never looked at any of them. He just looked at the list. He said her low sodium is probably from the meds she's taking and the tea she drinks. We have to increase her salt intake, decrease the amount of the tea, & have lab work redone when we get back from Twin Lakes to see if it's any better.

No bets because that's what my pain management doctor used to do. I finally told him if he wasn't going to look at them then I wasn't going to bring them anymore :lol He said I didn't have to anymore because his problem with me is me not taking enough of the pain meds. They make me feel bad so I sort of avoid them :blush

Wow!!! Over 150!! Yikes!!! :eek

Are the black saltines a pain because they are so dark?

Black and any of the really dark colors are all really hard to see.

Ello ladies!

I know Ive been absent, Im finally starting back into some crochet and it feels mighty good!! Not sure when my next EHH will be though. Sooner than later Im sure. I have a favor to ask of you gals. I am trying to make a comfortghan for a friend. She is dealing with ALOT of things lately, and the poor thing is only 20, has a 8 month old, and a husband with serious issues such as adhd, ptsd, drinking, lying, ect. This past weekend he actually put her in jail for a very very lame reason. Pretty much the only reason he bailed her out was to get outta baby duty. This man won't even change a diaper =( Anyhow, she loves pink, and I would need 6" granny squares. If anyone is able to help, holler at me! =) Hope everyone is well!

Hi everybody!

I've been reading all the posts, but I'm afraid I'm too far behind to catch up. Things seem to be calming down a little for me. I'm working on comfortghan squares this evening. Then I'll start working bookmarks for the swap here.

Chat with you all soon.

I use a lot of SmoothFox's patterns in the next hook size down & it usually turns out 6". I can usually do that with any 7" square.

I use a lot of SmoothFox's patterns in the next hook size down & it usually turns out 6". I can usually do that with any 7" square.

Thanks! I'll check those out, too.

I really appreciate you all. You're so very helpful! :manyheart

Are the black saltines a pain because they are so dark?

Not really. I have a good light :yes

He never looked at any of them. He just looked at the list. He said her low sodium is probably from the meds she's taking and the tea she drinks. We have to increase her salt intake, decrease the amount of the tea, & have lab work redone when we get back from Twin Lakes to see if it's any better.

I have this same problem :yes I have to salt just about everything I eat. Thank goodness my BP is good :lol

Archived