Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

Have you ladies seen this? It's gorgeous! Now I'm thinking of it for my parents :lol

That's beautiful...and I have that book. But tg not enough yarn in one color to do it!

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone. :)

Hopefully getting spayed will make Gracie nicer to the sprinkler. :rofl

I wouldn't mind if she was just a little less busy. :lol

Awwww...poor Gracie....and poor mommy. It's as hard on us as sending our kid in!:hug

It is! I hope DH will be in town when she goes, so I won't be quite so nervous. :yes

Good morning ladies :flower

Mary - Awww Gracie's getting to be a big girl :manyheart Spaying is good for her :yes

How's everyone this fine morning? :D I think after laying down for about 12 hours my back's finally improved some :lol That injection was rough. Still gonna take it easy today. I need to work on my August scarf. Nothing like putting it off eh? :blush But I think I know what I want to do with it. Just a matter of getting it done.

I'm soo glad your back is a little better. :manyheart Looking forward to your next scarf. I love your site update...Cherri's ghan is so pretty. :crocheting

Hi, everyone. We started the day off with a gentle soaking rain. Now it's partly cloudy with a light breeze. I have just one more butterfly to go and I'll have all the butterflies appliqed on the center of the quilt. Had to get a new iron as the old one broke. I just finished reading the directions and will be ironing the center before appliqueing the center flowers.

I watched "Madea Goes to Jail" last night. It's very good. It's definitely a comedy, but there's a lot of deep issues addressed, too. Guest appearances by Judge Mabeline, Judge Joe Brown, and Dr. Phil add some nice spice to it too.

Good luck to Gracie. She's getting to be a big girl. And such a cutie.

Great progress on your quilt, Linda! :clap

Have you ladies seen this? It's gorgeous! Now I'm thinking of it for my parents :lol

Oh, oh...here she goes again. :wink:D I can't say anything, 'cause I'm probably worse than you at making decisions. :lol I love this afghan!

We've been to the Vet - they will call in the a.m. with results. It's cloudy and only about 80 here! They're calling for rain later and possibly tomorrow. Crochet time for me while Gracie is asleep. :hook

Val - That is a lovely ghan :yes I love the ones that you can carry the color up the side like that :yes

Mary - I think your vet is more cautious than mine. No lab work for Tuon prior to her spaying. Lot's since but not before :lol

I wish it'd rain here too. It's that awful in between time when the air is heavy feeling but it just won't rain. I think I'd rather have nice long rain than this :P But it is cooler. Was only 87 earlier. If it'd drop another 10-15 degrees I'd consider opening the house. It's getting musty in here :yuck

Finished my scarf and this time it looks good once out of my head too :lol I'll save posting it till the 1st though :yes

Mary - Yes, isn't Cherri's heart ghan fabulous! She's also designed two Christmas theme ones that are adorable. In fact, as soon as I finish this LC, her gingerbread boy one will be my next project :D I think it'd make a nice giftie for Peyton :yes

Good Morning, all. :)

It's been an interesting morning so far...major storms, warning sirens and no power until about 45 minutes ago. All of this started at about 5! I had Gracie in her crate in the hall closet and Zoe in her pet taxi...with flash lights and radio going. Whew, glad that's over. :lol

Cara ~ The gingerbread boy sounds wonderful! Looking forward to seeing that and your August scarf, too. :hook

After some cleaning and yard clean-up, I hope to spend some time crocheting today. I'm working on the fourth block (5x5 squares) of the baby IC. :crocheting

The Vet just called - Gracie's labs were all normal, so we're scheduled for Monday.

Good morning Mary :hug Wow y'all got the storms rougher than we did. :eek It did carry on for quite a while. It was wonderful :manyheart It's cooled things down and best of all it's taken my pain away :dance I'm so happy I can't tell you :lol

So today is bingo day :dance Then I'll be coming home and working on my LC :hook

It's been an interesting morning so far...major storms, warning sirens and no power until about 45 minutes ago. All of this started at about 5! I had Gracie in her crate in the hall closet and Zoe in her pet taxi...with flash lights and radio going. Whew, glad that's over. :lol

Cara ~ The gingerbread boy sounds wonderful! Looking forward to seeing that and your August scarf, too. :hook

After some cleaning and yard clean-up, I hope to spend some time crocheting today. I'm working on the fourth block (5x5 squares) of the baby IC. :crocheting

The Vet just called - Gracie's labs were all normal, so we're scheduled for Monday.

Scary stuff! I'm glad Gracie's labs are normal. I always freak out when my babies are at the vet. I call at least every few hours until I can pick them up.

Good morning Mary :hug Wow y'all got the storms rougher than we did. :eek It did carry on for quite a while. It was wonderful :manyheart It's cooled things down and best of all it's taken my pain away :dance I'm so happy I can't tell you :lol

So today is bingo day :dance Then I'll be coming home and working on my LC :hook

So glad you're feeling better!!! Have fun at bingo.

Cara, I'm glad you're feeling better:hug

We lived in St. Louis in the early 70's - those tornado warnings were scary - give me a hurricane any day! Scary

We did have a tornado touch down an hour north if us the other day!

I'm sure Gracie will be fine....is DH going to be home?

Hi, everyone. I've spent most of the day on the phone it seems. Kim's nebulizer quit working last night and I've been doing all the calling here, there, and yonder to get her a new one. The guy just delivered it about 30 minutes ago. The old one was over 5 years old, so it was simpler to just get her a new one.

Judy, the preemie afghans arrived today. Thank you so much for helping us out. They are lovely. :hug

I almost forgot. I talked to Joy and see did get moved today! :clap :clap :clap When I talked to her she still had to get her aquariums, plants and cats moved, but the rest of the stuff had been packed and moved by 4:00. She was out eating with Ayden and was going to the apartment to get the cats from there. Can't forget the kitties. :cat:cat:cat All three of them. :lol

I almost forgot. I talked to Joy and see did get moved today! :clap :clap :clap When I talked to her she still had to get her aquariums, plants and cats moved, but the rest of the stuff had been packed and moved by 4:00. She was out eating with Ayden and was going to the apartment to get the cats from there. Can't forget the kitties. :cat:cat:cat All three of them. :lol

That's great!!

Boy, the kitties are going to be hiding out in the new place for a while till they figure out which end is up!:lol

I've been up since the ungodly hour of 8:20 a.m. :blink Hey, it's early for me :lol I had to go lie down last night at 11 because my back started bugging me again but it seems better so far this morning :yes

Today will all be dedicated to the LC. I'm hoping I can make a good bit of progress on it today :hook

Happy Friday, everyone. :)

Great news! I'm so glad they got the closing issues worked out!

I've been up since the ungodly hour of 8:20 a.m. :blink Hey, it's early for me :lol I had to go lie down last night at 11 because my back started bugging me again but it seems better so far this morning :yes

Today will all be dedicated to the LC. I'm hoping I can make a good bit of progress on it today :hook

Cara? Up at 8:20? :lol I'll send Gracie down for a few days and she'll have you on her schedule. :D I hope your back continues to feel okay.

Nicole! How are you doing? :manyheart Are you working on anything special?

Hi to Linda and Judy, too. :)

It's already been a busy morning and it dawned on me I didn't post the scorecard again last week. Be right back. :hook

Hi, Mary - when you have a baby in the house you do tend to lose track of time:lol I remember how it was when Sparkie came home!

Hi Ladies. Shay is in first place by one point! Please let me know if any changes need to be made.

:hook

Cara (Misa)

Shay (Shaylen) 1617

Denise (denisethorpe) 1616

Linda M. (mizmo) 1523

Sunny (sunnyvale) 1417

Cathy (crashcat07) 1354

Tracy (tracystroebel) *** 1344

Shelly (Super Granny) *** 1325

Wendy (Aussie) ***1298

Laura Lee (Klutzandme) 1276

Heather (hseger) 1256

Mary (Skysmom) *** 1122

Kristy (alchemyfyr) 1094

Linda (busy-bee-lmt) ***1060

Val (Priszm) 1008

Karen (econ-nerd) *** 755

Judy (judianne) 666

Valerie (luvtocrochet757) 630

Erin (EMedley) 567

Carla (Carla’s Crochet) 481

Dusti (rii698) *** 448

Selanda (crocrazy) 448

Leighanne (mommy neel) 304

Suzanne (LavenderBear) 304

Kidge (Kidget29) 297

Tammy (TammyG) 268

Donna (sewnsew) *** 213

Mel (DreamsOfYarn) 210

Jessica (jessicagil) 176

Brenda (BrendaR) 168

Carla (canostreasures) 166

Cherri (Cherri) 156

Sharon (CandEsMom) 153

Tam (teakaycee) 152

Nina (thedragon1186) 150

Julie (JulieKay) 119

Pickles (ThoseDarnPickles) 103

Nicole (nicolep) 94

Renee (renegade) 70

Shelby (alwayscrafting) 12

Laurie (LaurieE) 3

*** 2000 Squares Winner

That's great!!

Boy, the kitties are going to be hiding out in the new place for a while till they figure out which end is up!:lol

You've got that right! Although when I first moved to Georgia there was a month long gap before I could actually move in. Sarge was so happy to be in a house again instead of the kennel and among his own things that he didn't do the hiding bit.

Well the closing hasn't actually happened yet. They found a lien on the property that should have been taken care of on the previous sale and wasn't. But they are working on it and should have it cleared up within a week at most. The seller let Joy move in rent free anyway. They both want the deal to go through.

I have all but half of the 10th butterfly appliqued on the quilt now. And I'm on the next to the last row of a preemie afghan I started this week. John gets home late this afternoon and with no plans for the weekend, I have it free. Sleeping in heads the list of things to do. :sleep:lol :lol

Hi, Mary - when you have a baby in the house you do tend to lose track of time:lol I remember how it was when Sparkie came home!

That is soo true. :yes She is growing and changing every day. :manyheart

You've got that right! Although when I first moved to Georgia there was a month long gap before I could actually move in. Sarge was so happy to be in a house again instead of the kennel and among his own things that he didn't do the hiding bit.

Well the closing hasn't actually happened yet. They found a lien on the property that should have been taken care of on the previous sale and wasn't. But they are working on it and should have it cleared up within a week at most. The seller let Joy move in rent free anyway. They both want the deal to go through.

I have all but half of the 10th butterfly appliqued on the quilt now. And I'm on the next to the last row of a preemie afghan I started this week. John gets home late this afternoon and with no plans for the weekend, I have it free. Sleeping in heads the list of things to do. :sleep:lol :lol

You are welcome, Linda. :) The lien thing happened to us years ago, but we ended up not buying the house. It seems the realtor and the owner were old buddies and tried to get us to buy without a clear title. :eek We hired a lawyer and the realtor lost his license...and we found another house.

I hope you have lots of "you" time this weekend. Can't wait to see your quilt progress. :yes

Time to change laundry and take Miss Gracie for her walk. Have a great day. :manyheart

When I moved last year, my cats decided to make it as horrible as possible. They definitely don't like being moved. They adjust quickly though. I'm glad to hear that she got moved.

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time with your back. I hope it keeps improving throughout the day. I woke up early this morning, too. I usually have to force myself out of bed at 7:45 to leave at 8:00. The past couple of days, I've been wide awake before 7. Then I poke around the house trying to figure out what to do for an hour. I've been tormenting the cats who are still trying to sleep. :devil They wake me up in the middle of the night. It's only fair that I wake them up in the morning.

Happy Friday, everyone. :)

Cara? Up at 8:20? :lol I'll send Gracie down for a few days and she'll have you on her schedule. :D I hope your back continues to feel okay.

Nicole! How are you doing? :manyheart Are you working on anything special?

Hi to Linda and Judy, too. :)

It's already been a busy morning and it dawned on me I didn't post the scorecard again last week. Be right back. :hook

I'm doing well. Thanks for asking! :hug I am making a cluster tote for a cousin and some Tunisian dishcloths for my mom right now. Those should be done soon. Then, I'll have my kit swap in the next couple of days. Once that arrives, I'll actually make something for myself! :cheer

Sleeping in is my plan for the weekend, too!! I hope it works out for you. When I plan to sleep in, it never seems to work. I've already jinxed myself. Darn! :lol I don't understand how quilting works, but it sure looks like a lot of work!

:hi everyone!

I haven't had much going on lately. Seem to be :crocheting non-stop, which is okay in my opinion. :hook

Hi, Nicole! I know what you mean about jinxing yourself. I hope I haven't done it to me. Time will tell. Kim and I are going to run some errands and have lunch out. Then is will be last minute stuff before John gets home.

Archived