How many skiens do you have?

I read somewhere that someone counted over 300 skiens of yarn in thier collection, so it got me to counting...........I stoppped at 1000:eek Foolish asd I am I had my boyfriend help me count. So now I want to know, is there anyone out there like me? how many skiens of yarn do you have?

I don't think I can count that high. Or find all of them at once. There are the ones in the living room, den closet, attic, garage, back porch, my room, the van, my house in NC, the barn in NC, shed in NC, camper in NC...you get the picture, Not only do I have an addiction, it spans the Mid-Atlantic coastline!

My stash is over 35 years old.

I am so THANKFUL that I met a neighbor who wanted to learn how to crochet.

Now I am sharing my stash with her.

She learned FAST and is doing FANTASTIC work.

I don't think we can live long enough to use it all up.

I thought we had a smiley face that drooled. But I couldn't find it. 1,000 skeins of yarn!!!! If I have trouble falling to sleep tonight I'm going to think about that. I wish I could come to your houses and look (and of course touch) your yarn. My goal is to use up my yarn stash and I am getting there. When I finally use it all up, I am going to go on a major stash enhancement spree.

Oh.My.Gawd.

That is waaaay too much yarn!

I have maybe, and this is with the 4 ziploc big bags full that were donated for the kid's 'ghans (some of which has been turned into squares), maybe 100 skeins, if that.

1000 skeins? I can't even imagine.

Every skein I have has a project attached to it - I know exactly what I'm going to make with it, once I get around to it OR I've made something with it and now its scrap and I'm using it for other stuff (like ami's).

I'm not at home to count but I would guess at about 70 skiens which includes my balls of thread. In this past couple of weeks, I bought about 15 skiens for projects that I am going to work on in the near future (or should I saw, when I get enough free time to work on them). :hook

I don't know how many skeins there are, but I've got eleven (11) 66-quart totes, a smaller tote, one dresser drawer full, and about 3 huge Joann-sized bags full of yarn...! No wonder my friends call it Kelle's Yarn Store! hehehe...

~k

I just gave away my old stuff and didn't think I'd be back to crocheting, but here I am, and in the past two weeks I've accumulated 7 pounders and about 35 super saver skeins. I can't seem to find my yarn from a long lost afghan I started years ago and know I didn't throw out. That would add about 10 more.

I have not counted mine, but I would guess somewhere in the 100-200 range. I have been buying yarn myself for around 17 years, but in addition to that have been giving lots over the years.

I don't think I can count that high. Or find all of them at once. There are the ones in the living room, den closet, attic, garage, back porch, my room, the van, my house in NC, the barn in NC, shed in NC, camper in NC...you get the picture, Not only do I have an addiction, it spans the Mid-Atlantic coastline!

Kathy,

You have got me thinking.

my DH cleared out a chest of drawers for me to put my yarn in over the Christmas holiday and was APPALLED that all my yarn would not fit in the chest of drawers. He even had the nerve to suggest that perhaps I had too much yarn! Of course, we all know there is no such thing.

Now that I've read your post, I'm thinking - we have a houseboat, a backyard shed, no wait we have 2 of those, a garage (2 1/2 car garage that all his tools fill up I might mention), an equipment shed with overhead storage, a vehicle we are not using, and some farm storage buildings as well. hhhhmmmm- I see now that I could have a lot MORE yarn if I just spread it around a little bit!

Thank you for bringing this to my attention!!!

I am estimating about 600 cones of yarn/thread stuffed in my room. Mostly what I have are cotton thread cones, barely anything thicker than that. But still, that's a lot!! :pig :pig :pig

:drool to the ones who have over 1000 skeins!!

Archived