Lumberjack Flannelghan CAL / finished ghans in Post 1

RoseRed

As the official cook of the Captain Hook and Yarn Pirates CAL, I was going to stock the ship's fridge with enough bologna for the 16 days. Only takes a minute or two to make a sandwich. . . . Of course, on those cold days, we will want the spaghetti-o's.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Im using stash i have around the house in creams,tans, browns with a splash of brick and blue....i saw one on a blog like that and its so pretty.

I like the first one best...looks more manly to me.

I do fine with the smaller hooks and can fly on the ripples so i think i can do it...i have to do atleast 8 rows a day so to save time i am spending the next 2 days cooking and freezing dinners so i wont have to cook for awhile...just pop it in the oven and go back to crocheting :lol...i am committed :yes

Sounds like it will be gorgeous. I'm not nearly organized enough to make the meals ahead. But then again I need occasional breaks, so the meals can be break time for me. :blush

Shay

Wow, you really ARE committed ,right down to the preparing dinners ahead of time .

Maybe I should do that at my house .

Since my specialty is spaghettios , I could lay out 16 cans of them .

The can opener .

16 bowls .

16 spoons .

Oh..... and 16 napkins .

Maybe I should make dessert too .

Does anybody know how many HoHos are in one box ?

:D:D:D:D

Oh, Julie! John would trip out! :laughroll:haha:laughroll

As the official cook of the Captain Hook and Yarn Pirates CAL, I was going to stock the ship's fridge with enough bologna for the 16 days. Only takes a minute or two to make a sandwich. . . . Of course, on those cold days, we will want the spaghetti-o's.

At least that's a little more variety! :laughroll:haha:laughroll Not much, but a little.

I'm making a test swatch with the size P hook and the width is now perfect (10"). I may not need quite as many rows as the pattern calls for though. 6 rows gives me 5 1/4 inches so it may only take 11 or 12 rows instead of 13.

Chicken casserole(2 days),Tuna casserole(2 Days),hamburger melt(2 days)....Taco soup will last about 3 days and chili will last about 3 days,sandwiches a couple of nights and ravioli will cover the rest :yes....then trow in some chips or cake and my DH is good to go...he will eat whatever i throw at him as long as he gets his snacks.Gotta love easy men :lol

I think i am good to go!!

ok guys

Don't quote me on this.

Feb 12 -------

I have been snooping around TRYING to figure out what time the opening ceremony starts . It is at 6 PM Pacific time, which would make it 3 PM eastern ( my time zone ) .

So, if you can figure out from where you live, how many hours difference it is, then you can maybe figure it out .

AGAIN -- please don't quote me on this,and please don't use this as your starting time until you see the time Amy and Donna put on their list of rules .

They are the ones who are making the rules ,times,etc,so they will be who we follow .

This is just a TENTATIVE time ...

ok guys

Don't quote me on this.

Feb 12 -------

I have been snooping around TRYING to figure out what time the opening ceremony starts . It is at 6 PM Pacific time, which would make it 3 PM eastern ( my time zone ) .

So, if you can figure out from where you live, how many hours difference it is, then you can maybe figure it out .

AGAIN -- please don't quote me on this,and please don't use this as your starting time until you see the time Amy and Donna put on their list of rules .

They are the ones who are making the rules ,times,etc,so they will be who we follow .

Julie...my tv listing is showing 9pm for me and im on the east coast....like you say though its best to wait for Amy to tell us!!

Shay -that could very well be the time then -- I am trying to figure out the time zone thing, you know ? Like the west coast is 3 hours earlier than the east, right ?

BUT, your time would make more sense for TV viewing, since most people aren't home at 3 pm to watch tv .

I have no clue -- we will wait and let Amy announce it,because I'm not sure what time they will want to go with. The actual time, or the TV time..

ok guys

Don't quote me on this.

Feb 12 -------

Julie, I think you went the wrong way with the time. 6 pm Pacific would be 10 pm eastern and 9 pm central I think. Rats! I was hoping I could start crocheting this while we were on the road to the reunion this weekend.

I got my test swatch done and 17 dc and 11 rows gives me a 10" square. Yeah! Now just waiting to begin.

Regarding the time of the torch lighting: often they'll use a delay for East Coast viewers, so even though it's going to be shown at 9 PM, the 3 PM time might still be good.

I didn't see anything posted about the time when I checked ealrier today - here or on the site for the Games.

Judy,

no, they don't have times up yet on the page-- I did find a link titled Let the Games Begin, which is where we are allowed to post progress,etc, but it is locked right now, so we won't be able to post there just yet .

I'm lousy at figuring up time stuff. I know since our girl lives in Hawaii, they are behind us on time, part of the year 5 hours, then part 6,depending on daylight savings .

So, it'd still be the middle of the day there, and it's dark here and bedtime in a couple hours.

We'll just keep an eye on the thread for the Games- they'll get it all figured out for us .

This was posted on another site...opening ceremony starts 6pm PST which is 9pm EST (USA). Just saw a commercial that says coverage is starting at 7:30pm EST, or 1.5 hours earlier. Wonder what the TV station will be covering for that 1.5 hours?

So Judy may be right about the delay for the east coast!

Julie

This is what it says on the NBC site and the Opening Ceremony's are after some sports so im pretty sure it starts at 7:00pm est time.Thats a very good time for me so im hopeful.

7:00pm

Primetime Show

NBC's coverage of the 2010 Winter Olympic Games begins with the first event from Vancouver -- Ski jumping -- and pre-Games analysis.

9:00pm

Opening Ceremony

The Vancouver Games begin at BC Place with the first-ever indoor Opening Ceremony. Coverage also includes ski jumping qualification. more

Rose

I found this pattern tonight and thought of you because you said you wanted to do an Iran,fisherman its here

Good morning, all !

2 days and counting .....

Shay -thanks for the updates . I checked the rules post just now and still no times listed there.

I do hope the 7- or 7:30 range is when they pick-- at least it's before my bedtime !

I go to bed with the chickens .

*By the way, that Aran afghan is gorgeous !

Good morning, everyone. I am in a dither. I want to start on my afghan and can't for almost 3 days. Yikes! :eek I need something to do!!! So I went digging in my yarn stash and came up with some that I've had forever I think. I'm going to use it to make some preemie RR afghans for the local NICU until it's time to start working on the games ghan. :hook

Shay, that is a gorgeous pattern! I saved it. Maybe someday I'll get around to making it. Fabulous pattern!

Good Morning all…….

How is everyone this cold snowy morning? :snow

Boy its gettin’ close! I am about to start the border on hubby’s Valentine Flannel’ghan! :whew

Then I’ll be gettin’ my yarn ready for my Flannel’ghan for the “Games”

I love how this is coming out!!!

I may make a Baby Flannel’ghan for the “Games” There is a friend that is due in a few months that this would be a sweet gift for! J

Well… off for a coffee refill… and back to work on this afghan!

Have a great day all…….

:heart

:mug

Archived