Lumberjack Flannelghan CAL / finished ghans in Post 1

RoseRed

Rose

we'll all be thinking of you Wed,when you get your injection . It will be worth it if it helps relieve the pain. Maybe you'll feel much more back to normal for awhile after that .

If you want to lead the group again, it'll be totally okey dokey with me !

Just say the word .

I'm glad you will be able to join in on making another one of these . What were your original colors you used, and did you make one or more than that ?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope - I'm just happy to have a place to hang out with some great people. I never really had the chance to chat with you guys before. I'm sick of trash tv so I'm spending more time on the computer. It's really cool to hang out and not have to host. I'm totally enjoying this. I really hope that you don't mind.

I like the way you do things. What happened to the cowboy thing?

I'm not going to do a flannelghan. I need something that's gorgeous enough to be artwork yet still manly. Dad hates squares and mosaics - they're too busy. If you guys have any ideas for patterns - let me know.

I pulled out the aran ghan I started and measured it and did the last 5 inches on it today to make it a baby ghan. Now I'm playing with borders.

I can't wait to see all of yours but I'm just not into a fg right now.

Hey Rose

Of course, I don't mind leading the group . If you decide you're up to it and want it back, just holler. I'll be glad to let you have it whenever you want .

The cowboy thing seemed to fizzle out I guess. I did that once before in another group.Sometimes if I'm in the mood to goof off, I'll toss in something silly like that just for fun .

Anyhow, I'm trying to think of a pattern you might want to try that is manly, yet artful ... that's a tough one to figure out .

Are you thinking just one color or lots of colors ?

Maybe someone else might be able to think of an idea ..I'll keep thinking from this end .

Hey ladies. I think I'm going to cheer lead Team FG. I need to make Daddy a ghan and I have4 or 5 pounds of yarn in red. His fav color. If I can find one that's primarily red with a touch of 2 other colors (white and black) Budweiser colors! (He worked there for 20 some years)

I don't remember if I told you guys I went to the rheumy - he was mad cuz the lab didn't draw enough blood to do the ANA so I had to redo that. Went to the pain doc today and found out I have bulging disks in my neck and got 2 cortizone shots. Going for 1 in my spine on wednesday. Scary.

Hope everyone is having a better day than me.

Rose..I sure hope the shot works for you....will say a prayer for you.

Since i cant do the Flannelgran i am going to attempt to do a king size ripple afghan :yes Do you know what you are going to make??

Morning FG people !

Counting down the days-- I need to get 10 more squares done and added to my other Cal afghan before Friday,so will have to spend some time today getting them finished.

I'll check in now & then during the day .

Shay -- the ripple is always a good pattern to go with. Do you know what colors you are using ?

Rose- have you found a pattern yet, or still searching ?

Morning everyone! I'm still searching. I have it knocked down to 4 patterns I have here at home (they're all rather aran looking) or these 2 I found on the web but DON'T have the pattern for.

http://www.interweavecrochet.com/issue/2009/spring/Solas-Caomh.asp

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/lacy-diamonds-2

I'll have to see if any of my yarn friends have them and if they'll let me borrow them. Nothing like mailing magazines to each other lolol.

Nope - I'm just happy to have a place to hang out with some great people. I never really had the chance to chat with you guys before. I'm sick of trash tv so I'm spending more time on the computer. It's really cool to hang out and not have to host. I'm totally enjoying this. I really hope that you don't mind.

I like the way you do things. What happened to the cowboy thing?

I'm not going to do a flannelghan. I need something that's gorgeous enough to be artwork yet still manly. Dad hates squares and mosaics - they're too busy. If you guys have any ideas for patterns - let me know.

I pulled out the aran ghan I started and measured it and did the last 5 inches on it today to make it a baby ghan. Now I'm playing with borders.

I can't wait to see all of yours but I'm just not into a fg right now.

Rose have you taken a look at the afghan patterns: Nature Blocks and Becky's Blocks on the Happy Yellow House site? Or Geometry 101 and Country Checks in the quilt patterns on the same site? I thing that Nature Blocks in particular is a very manly pattern.

Howdy...........

So lets get this Roundup started!

Everyone have all their supplies gathered and ready for the Olympic Shindig?

I've been spendin' some time this last week a gettin' the Ranch ready for us!

Some of us are old hands at the Flannel'ghan... but we do have a few tenderfoots about. So lets make sure we all help each other out so that we can make it the Rodeo at the end of this WINNERS!

well partners...

I need to go lasso me some coffee..........

catch up later......

:heart

:mug

aka: :cowboy Jessie

Rose..I sure hope the shot works for you....will say a prayer for you.

Since i cant do the Flannelgran i am going to attempt to do a king size ripple afghan :yes Do you know what you are going to make??

King size is HUGE!!!! Good luck with that. I hope your hands hold out.

Rose have you taken a look at the afghan patterns: Nature Blocks and Becky's Blocks on the Happy Yellow House site? Or Geometry 101 and Country Checks in the quilt patterns on the same site? I thing that Nature Blocks in particular is a very manly pattern.

It looks like a giant flannelghan.:hook Dad hate's squares. :eek He's so picky :yes

As much as I hate (such a strong word but so fitting) attaching squares together I think it's pretty safe to say I'll never do a saltine ghan. They're gorgeous but so totally not for me.

That's why I did the FG in strips - to cut down on sewing the blocks together :eek:D

Wow, Rose

Both of those patterns you listed are so pretty ! It'd be a hard choice for me, but seeing that it's for a man, I'd go with the first one, mainly since it is more thick and solid- looking. The other is beautiful, but I think it looks more lady-like .

Just my opinion, you can choose any one you like .

They both look challenging, but well worth it for the finished project ! What color would you be thinking of ? What's his favorite color ?

Well, Cowboy Tam

You sound like you are out with your lasso today gettin all of us gathered together for Friday.

That's probly a good idear .. you know how we all scatter around like a bunch of lost sheep .

You keep roundin 'em up, I'll hold the gate open when you git hold of another one .

You guys sound really excited !!

I think we'll do real well ...

Tricia -- you might want to check the list and see if it got updated yet. I saw your post wanting to be in our group, but the list didn't have your name on it as of this morning. It might have now, but if not, you may want to send a note to Amy and remind her. Don't want you to miss out !!! We need you on our team .

Shay -- the ripple is always a good pattern to go with. Do you know what colors you are using ?

Im using stash i have around the house in creams,tans, browns with a splash of brick and blue....i saw one on a blog like that and its so pretty.

Morning everyone! I'm still searching. I have it knocked down to 4 patterns I have here at home (they're all rather aran looking) or these 2 I found on the web but DON'T have the pattern for.

http://www.interweavecrochet.com/issue/2009/spring/Solas-Caomh.asp

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/lacy-diamonds-2

I'll have to see if any of my yarn friends have them and if they'll let me borrow them. Nothing like mailing magazines to each other lolol.

I like the frist one best...looks more manly to me.

King size is HUGE!!!! Good luck with that. I hope your hands hold out

I do fine with the smaller hooks and can fly on the ripples so i think i can do it...i have to do atleast 8 rows a day so to save time i am spending the next 2 days cooking and freezing dinners so i wont have to cook for awhile...just pop it in the oven and go back to crocheting :lol...i am committed :yes

Howdy...........

So lets get this Roundup started!

Everyone have all their supplies gathered and ready for the Olympic Shindig?

I've been spendin' some time this last week a gettin' the Ranch ready for us!

Some of us are old hands at the Flannel'ghan... but we do have a few tenderfoots about. So lets make sure we all help each other out so that we can make it the Rodeo at the end of this WINNERS!

well partners...

I need to go lasso me some coffee..........

catch up later......

:heart

:mug

aka: :cowboy Jessie

I'm glad you are feeling better Tammy :hug

Shay

Wow, you really ARE committed ,right down to the preparing dinners ahead of time .

Maybe I should do that at my house .

Since my specialty is spaghettios , I could lay out 16 cans of them .

The can opener .

16 bowls .

16 spoons .

Oh..... and 16 napkins .

Maybe I should make dessert too .

Does anybody know how many HoHos are in one box ?

:D:D:D:D

Shay

Wow, you really ARE committed ,right down to the preparing dinners ahead of time .

Maybe I should do that at my house .

Since my specialty is spaghettios , I could lay out 16 cans of them .

The can opener .

16 bowls .

16 spoons .

Oh..... and 16 napkins .

Maybe I should make dessert too .

Does anybody know how many HoHos are in one box ?

:D:D:D:D

:rofl:rofl:rofl I spewed my coffee :lol

My friend had that mag and let me borrow it for the aran pattern. whoohoo - I'm rewriting the pattern so that it's broken down into sections. I'm looking at this long paragraph and my eyes are crossing.

I'm about to start Row 6 and it's a repeat of Rows 2 - 9. Once I get the pattern down and written so I can read I'll be good to go for friday. I think I'm going to use this one for the center panel on a huge aran ghan. If I don't decide on something else.

I just hate decisions when there's so many gorgeous things to choose from.

Im so not organized enough right now to make dinners ahead of time.

Rose

You could always go with the spaghettios idea . Not much preparation IF you have enough of them little O's cut out ahead of time .

I think my very spoiled hubby would throw a fit!

When I feel better than this I love to cook. Now it's just too much standing in the kitchen. A full dinner every single night (and yes, I count leftovers - if I heat it up I'm in the kitchen!) is a mistake I've learned to live with.:eek

:rofl

HEY JUDE !!!

Long time, no see ! Building a snowman today ?

Rose -- Yep, I am lucky that way.

If I make poptarts , my husband is fine with that .

Pre-made items from your freezer ,such as Hotpockets ? YUM ... those were good !

Canned stew ! GOOD SUPPER .

TV dinners ? WOW !!! Meat and potatoes in their own separate little tray holes !!!!

POT PIES ---- Got any more of them ? Make 'em again !!!!

Yep, i'm lucky .

And he ALWAYS says GOOD SUPPER , no matter what I make .

I think I'll keep him .

Archived