Lumberjack Flannelghan CAL / finished ghans in Post 1

RoseRed

If your going to use SS it might be better to drop down to an M hook or even an L. I would make a square as a swatch. I'd be afraid that it'll be too loose and snag. Major pet peeve of mine - snagged yarn that it.

What size are your squares going to be to make it baby sized? I'm sure it'll be great! When you get it figured out I can add it as a note to the first post and give people a choice on what size to do it in!!!!! That would be so cool! Some ambitious Mommy could make matching blankets!

Oh well, off to make dinner.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok let me dig through my stash again and see if i have some SS or baby yarn...maybe if i can do it with a K i can still do this...maybe i can make a baby one for my newest Grandbaby.I think i do have some Bernat baby yarn.

If your going to use SS it might be better to drop down to an M hook or even an L. I would make a square as a swatch. I'd be afraid that it'll be too loose and snag. Major pet peeve of mine - snagged yarn that it.

What size are your squares going to be to make it baby sized? I'm sure it'll be great! When you get it figured out I can add it as a note to the first post and give people a choice on what size to do it in!!!!! That would be so cool! Some ambitious Mommy could make matching blankets!

Oh well, off to make dinner.

My squares will be 7 inches each. That worked out to be 16 DC across and 7 rows, using 2 strands of SS and an N hook. I figure that 5 strips of 5 squares each will give me a 35 inch square blanket before I add a border. I hope that is big enough for a baby blanket.

Cindy,

Willl be making a baby blanket also....thanks for letting us know how to go about crocheting a smaller version. 36 inches will be a nice size. I have made this pattern for several of our nieces and nephews and it is a favorite!!!

KathyWho

My squares will be 7 inches each. That worked out to be 16 DC across and 7 rows, using 2 strands of SS and an N hook. I figure that 5 strips of 5 squares each will give me a 35 inch square blanket before I add a border. I hope that is big enough for a baby blanket.

35 inches is a perfect size for a baby blanket. Sounds like it will be a great project.

I'm not sure how you guys are making it square unless you'll finish off with a vari'd sq instead of a solid.

Good morning. Hope you all have a great day.

I'm envisioning mine as being a smaller version of the top half of yours, 5 squares wide by 5 squares long. Each strip will be 5 squares long, so each strip should end up 7 inches wide and 35 inches long. 5 strips sewn together should give me a 35 inch square. (or at least that is how I have it worked out, my ideas are quite often not workable)

Your picture is kind of small for me, but it looks like that would give me the same solid in each corner.

Good morning folks

i hope you are all busy getting some loose ends tied up and assembling all your equipment for the big games to start this coming Friday ( I believe ). I'll have to check into the Games area to see what the times are if they are up yet .

Anyhow, just thought I'd jump in and post to bump this back up towards the top .

Will check in again later in the day .

Hi again folks -

I just went over to the Games area and Amy has started putting people in their groups. If you choose to make this with us and want in on the Team FG , then check to see if your name is on the list.

If not, make sure to contact Amy or put a note in that area, telling her you'd like to be included in our group .

Don't want to leave anyone out !

Thank you ,

Good mornin, pardners. Just checked on the special games site and finally found my name on the list of participants. And our team is there, too. YeeHaw! Come on Friday! :cowgirl

Mornin’ all……….

How is everyone this fine snowy morning? J

Well…… I wasn’t able to work on hubby’s Valentine Flannel’ghan this weekend due to him being around! So… I’m back at it today. I’m on the last strip then need to decide if its long enough… if so… I’ll put it together and be DONE! :whew

Then I can be ready for the Games! :yay

Okay… off for a coffee refill… and crocheting

Catch up in a while!

:heart

:mug

aka: :cowboy Jessie

I went out looking for yarn for my flannelghan today and between Michaels and Hobby Lobby I managed to get two 6 oz skeins of light pink and two of white. I'm hoping that these, combined with what I have at home will be enough. everybody in town must be making pink and white things.

Afternoon everyone, just woke up...took a nap seens how I was up at 6 to get fiance from work. BIL is letting me borrow his truck (and by truck I mean a big ol ford expedition, its monsterous!). Had to do some running around this morning including my second OB appt. which was cancelled because my doctor was sick so I got all the way over to the office and then turned around and came back home.

I am getting ready to run out and get yarn for the games, I have decided I would rather do it with WW than baby weight yarn so I have settled on the colors of spring green, turqua, and bright yellow and then I will alternate between the green and blue and the yellow will be my base color.

On another note my fiance got a text message this morning about his supervisor selling his 99 ford explorer for 500 dollars. I asked him to find out whats wrong with it and if its automatic (I can't drive standard, I am apparently too blonde to do it :lol) and he called his supervisor back and found out it is auto and it needs new tires a e brake line and a tail pipe and the guy will sell it to us for 300 :clap I am so excited cause fiance and I can do all the work to fix it up ourselves except mounting and balancing new tires and I will have a bigger truck for when I have all the kids, cause between the two of us we will have 4 kiddos when the baby comes.

I went out looking for yarn for my flannelghan today and between Michaels and Hobby Lobby I managed to get two 6 oz skeins of light pink and two of white. I'm hoping that these, combined with what I have at home will be enough. everybody in town must be making pink and white things.

I couldn't find red yesterday - everyone here must be using that color:lol

I'm trying to use stash for this too...between pinks, raspberry and maybe some violet I should be good for one...the other might be the turqua and off white.

Jenni, that's great news about the new wheels! And your colors sound great.

Hey ladies. I think I'm going to cheer lead Team FG. I need to make Daddy a ghan and I have4 or 5 pounds of yarn in red. His fav color. If I can find one that's primarily red with a touch of 2 other colors (white and black) Budweiser colors! (He worked there for 20 some years)

I don't remember if I told you guys I went to the rheumy - he was mad cuz the lab didn't draw enough blood to do the ANA so I had to redo that. Went to the pain doc today and found out I have bulging disks in my neck and got 2 cortizone shots. Going for 1 in my spine on wednesday. Scary.

Hope everyone is having a better day than me.

RoseRed,

Sorry to hear you are having problems with neck and back as I have a dislocated disk in neck which I deal with. I am very lucky that cortisone does help me when I need it.

Will be thinking about you on Wednesday!

I feel fortunate with every stitch I take~~~

Archived