STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:lol Nght honey, I hope ya'll realize I'm not laughing at you, but with you. And I'm secretly quite jealous. I've got a sick kitty who's racking up some major vet bills, so my yarn buying budget has been zeroed out. I'm living vicariously through you!!:D Anyway, I did some crocheting this week, but still didn't use anything up, so a second week with a score of big, fat 0 for me. I think I'll start on my sister's Christmas tree skirt after I finish this afghan, if I ever finish this afghan, and that yarn is already stashed so that would definitely count. Patty

I used 2 balls (+2), but I had to buy another skein of RH Soft Navy (-2). The new yarn is scratchier than the old stuff I used. Has anyone ever washed squares before putting an afghan together? It's going to be large, so I don't know if it will fit in the washer. Maybe I could just wash the new squares. I'll try to get some more points before 8 pm.

Ellie 13

this week, I'm totally going in the wrong direction! But get this, today I got lots of free yarn! Free I say!

I was chatting with a friend while we were driving around, and she mentioned that she still had a little yarn left over (she recently gave most of her stash to her sister). When I dropped her off at her house, she offered me all that she had left, so I took it!

8 skeins of a yellow CuddleSoft baby yarn

5 skeins of TLC heathers in a dark wine color

But wait, there's more: she also gave me her entire collection of hooks, about 30 in all! SCORE!

Then on my way home, I stopped off at a nice LYS and bought 3 skeins of SWTC Bamboo to make a scarf for a charity auction next weekend.

This is a total of 16 skeins, for an addition -32 to my -20 for the week.

On top of all this goodness, I did use up one skein of yarn last night, so this brings my grand total for this week to -50!

I'm at -13 this week.

First, a Christmas in July package with 2 skeins of yarn. Then, my neighbour knocked on the door after supper. A new neighbour, very nice, and she knew I'd been looking for yarn at yard sales. Well, she went to one today, found a bag with 4 full skeins (eyelash yarns!) and one part skein for only TEN CENTS. She was so sweet, she picked it up for me and told me not to repay her, so I figure I'll make her a doll.

Sally

Oops! I went to Dollar Tree and left with 25 new skeins.... so my total score for the week is a whoppin' -444 :blush

Just finished another skein so that would have been another +2, however, prior to dinner DD and I went to Joann's :eek yep walk away with more yarn that I busted (purchased 5 skeins) so that make me at -3 for the week

I'm late too, and I haven't been on here in a while. Been in the process of moving and don't have internet yet so I've been going to my in-laws (an hour away) once a week for e-mail.

But, as for crochet, I gifted away 18 skeins and 10 balls and used another two on a shawl so I'm at +50 for the week, I think.

Well I went to HL and ended up buying 18 skeins even though I really only needed 2 :lol I picked up enough sugar and cream to make a new bathroom rug. The one I made awhile ago I don't care for and since the yarn was on sale I went ahead and got it. -36 for me. Darn and I was so close to going under the 400 mark.

Started the week off with a bang

Returned two skeins - I had no idea why I purchased them to begin with

So +4, then I made a cemo cap for a dear co-worke,)used 1/2 skein +1

So I am at +5 for the week

I guess I better get a moving if I want to get out of negatives:hook

I used up a skein down to a ball... +1 for me. I will be giving this yarn away, throwing it out or yard sale-ing it. But until I decide what to do, I will only take the one point. I HATE RH SPORT! Grrr....

Well tonight was a bust and I don't mean using the stash

I started and frogged a hat more than 5 times ----same hat :eek I ended up with more stitches than needed

Somedays I feel like I have four thumbs and a broken hook :(

I rolled the yarn into a ball, put down the skein, let out a huge sigh and came to chat on the ville.....I guess the night wasn't a complete lose

Thanks for letting me vent :no

Better luck tomorrow :think

Man, I totally missed last week. For people living in Toronto, I don't know how you aren't poor. I was in Toronto this past weekend and went to Romni Wool. I bought 14 skeins total while I was there. I've already busted 3 and took care of 2 others, so it wasn't a horrible waste. Which means -18 out of my YTD total, but not WTD, since it was last week.

Whee!!!

I can't believe it, I'm actually busting some stash! I'm starting out this week with a 22, because I am sending off a total of 11 skeins (2 of them full pounders) of yarn to my partner for the summer cottom yarn swap! :clap

I'm also making good progress on a scarf I'm making for a charity auction that's on Saturday. I bought some SWTC Bamboo, and even though the ball was $13.50, it turns out there's a lot of yarn in this ball - around 250! It's just a very lightweight yarn (I'd say it's more of a DK than sportweight). And man is it nice to work with and feels wonderful on the fingers.

I took care of 2 skeins last night. So, that's gives me +4. My hands are achy, so I'm not sure how much I'll get done tonight. We'll see if the weather changes.

I seriously need to update for this game. Last week I had a total of 227 points. (gave away a TON of yarn) That makes my total since Feb or somewhere around that month 566. YAY!!! I have busted a TON of stash. I STILL have too much though so I will continue on in the game and try to get it all down to one dresser full. I am almost there.

My total today is 2 for making a dishcloth.

Archived