What is your favorite Crochet Book?

Hello Everyone,

I'm looking for some new Crochet books. So I thought I might ask you all talented people - What is your favorite pattern/crochet book? Please share.

Thanks,:D

The Stitch n Bitch Crochet book, and the Crochet Pattern a Day calendar, and the Interweave Crochet editions. The Interweave Crochet only comes out twice a year though.

I'm not talented, but I'll put in my 0.02. Are you looking for technique explanation with some patterns, or mostly pattern books?

I'll second the vote for SnB. Also, Crocheting for Dummies is great. Donna Kooler's Encyclopedia of Crochet is wonderful--lots of instruction with lots of stitches in color and well-explained, also some projects.

I'm gonna vote for Erica Knight (sp?) "Simple Crochet"- there aren't any technically daunting patterns, so its accessible, but it also opens your eyes up to alternative materials. Get's the brain loosened up a bit :)

I heartily recommend

300 Classic Blocks for Crochet by Linda Pschnapper... Sterling Publishing Co., 1987:cheer

what I love about this, aside from the great patterns, is that it presents the blocks and motifs as both text and symbol patterns. It is a very simple presentation but nothing takes away from the blocks. :yay:yes

My very favorite crochet book is called "Candy Blankies" by Candi Jensen. It has some of the most unusual and gorgeous blanket patterns for babies and children. They are not difficult to make, but they really have WOW power.

I'm gonna vote for Erica Knight (sp?) "Simple Crochet"- there aren't any technically daunting patterns, so its accessible, but it also opens your eyes up to alternative materials. Get's the brain loosened up a bit :)

Good book! I keep taking out from my library and hoarding it(if I didn't work there, they'd have come after me by now).

Thanks for your ideas. I went out yesterday and bought the Crochet -a-pattern-a day calender (50%off at Barnes and Noble) and the Sweaterbabes.com new crochet book (love it!!!!) I also ordered the Interweave magazine. Alright so I think I have enough new patterns a day. Where do I start on my wish list?

I want to share that Interweave Crochet magazine is going quarterly and you will be able to get a subscription in the fall.

Kim Werker from Crochet Me will be the editor. You can see some info here

I also like Encyclopedia of Crochet.

I enjoy my SNB Crochet, The Harmony Guide to Crochet Stitches, The Crochet Answer Book, and Crocheting School: A Complete Course. I don't think I would have ever learned the correct way to seam crocheted garments without Crocheting School. It had excellent photos demonstrating how to do it.

Linda

http://360.yahoo.com/lkn4thgr

I want to share that Interweave Crochet magazine is going quarterly and you will be able to get a subscription in the fall.

Kim Werker from Crochet Me will be the editor. You can see some info here

:cheer:clap YIPPEE!!! I am really excited to hear that, and it will be my 2nd - oops no 3rd subscription. I now subscribe to Crochet! magazine, and the new Crochet Today! mag too.

My favorite book is Doris Chan's! :hook I just love the exploded lace concept. The oversized doily looking shawl, and the items inspired by doily designs, except all modern and cool looking. They're just too fab.

SNB is my favorite, I love that the patterns reflect what's happening today. I have a few other books that I occasionally refer to for stitch instructions, but no real patterns. The next book on my wish list is the Crochet Stitch Bible.

i have SnB and Cool Crochet -- and really love them... my next purchase will be Crocheting School: A Complete Course - i couldn't put it down at the local Borders the other day... but i think it's cheaper on Amazon.co.uk, so i will order it from them :c9

such beautiful photos!

Archived