Crochet Pattern Central – New Layout

RachelG

Behold the same site, the same purpose for existing, practically identical content, but a little different look:

CPC, Revamped

Reason? I have to stare at it a lot and I wanted something a bit different. :lol

No, really: Very much appreciate sites use up A LOT of bandwidth (you wouldn’t believe how much bandwidth), bandwidth means money, and as you all know, money doesn't grow on trees. :P Therefore, room has been made for more banner advertising. (By the way, if you’re interested, please write me for availability, information, and pricing. I undercharge.) :yes

Oh, and I stuck in an note about C’ville at the bottom of the CPC home page! :hook Admins/Mods: If I send us too much traffic, I can remove it.

Ok, back to your regularly scheduled crocheting, CPC surfing, frogging, whatever... And have a great weekend!

thanks Rachel, and for all the work you do at CPC! We all love it and very much appreciate it

beautiful site...once my wrist heals (10 more days) i hope to go back to full speed ahead! looking forward to exploring this site more thoroughly...along with our home base here!

I agree, CPC is always my first stop when looking for a pattern, and I love the pattern of the week feature (there are so many categories I might not otherwise look at because I don't have a need to, but then I see the pattern of the week, and decide to take a look, and then it's 2 hours later...). I think the new layout looks great, too. Thank you, Rachel!! Patty

Nice change. I love your site Rachel. I check it out at least once a week for updates. Your site is where I start when I am on a quest for a pattern for a specific item. I will be perusing the site later hats and scarves.

Hi Rachel -- Thanks so much for CPC. It truly kicks ***. I maintain a couple of tech-related sites, or I used to, anyhow (they're kind of dormant now), and I know how hard it is to keep things up and running and live.

Have you considered adding a Paypal button to the site so visitors can chip in to the costs? It doesn't cost anything, as far as I know, and even if you didn't get *lots* of contributions, anything would help...

cheers -- tbird

Have you considered adding a Paypal button to the site so visitors can chip in to the costs? It doesn't cost anything, as far as I know, and even if you didn't get *lots* of contributions, anything would help...cheers -- tbird

Interesting question! Yes, anything would help. And yes, there is a Paypal button on CPC and it has been there for quite some time. (I couldn't tell you exactly, but I believe closer to two years than one.) It is not in a very conspicious spot, because I do not want to come across as begging in any way. The button is there for people to stumble upon and use if they wish. CPC has received one much appreciated donation since the button has been there.

Archived