My Handbag/ Beaded purse

Katchkan

My Handbag

It's done. I thought I would never get this little purse done. It has been my nemesis for the past couple months. First I didn't have the right color thread. Then I decided I needed to change colors on the beads after getting it half done. Finally I decided that I needed a different frame. One I could at least fit my drivers. license into. The first one was even too small for that. But I was determined to get this done sooner or later, in this case later. Oh well.

Without further adieu.

Here is my interpretation of a Handbag.

th_HandbagFF.jpgth_HandbagPalm.jpg

Picture is clickable.

I have never been partial to the term handbag. I guess because every time I hear it I envision something like this.

So I designed this one on a whim.

This is a just for fun bag made just for fun times. Its only large enough to hold my ID, some cash and my keys. It measures 3 1/2 inches across by 6 inches long. I did it with size 30 thread and size 11 seed beads. It does have a cut crystal for the center of the ring. I used a size 12/1.mm hook.

Hope you like it.

I can hardly wait to use it now.

Wow it's adorable! Did you use plastic canvas? Will you have a pattern available?
It is crocheted. I used over 5,350 beads on it. I hope to have the pattern available in the next few days on my site.

*** are those from beads crocheted?????????? They look so real What a great job you did! :jumpyay
Those aren't crocheted beads. They are real beads that I crochet into the design. One bead for each sc, all in the proper order......... Or I get to frog.........

Kathy, Your "Hand Bag" is so unique! It is gorgeous as usual! You used 5350 beads,:eek I would have lost my ever lovin' mind! :loco

Archived