2007 Pattern-A-Day Calendar

shebear

Well, went to my JoAnn's yesterday and they aren't carrying the calendar (i must say my local JoAnn's is horrible total pig sty, I usually avoid it), then to Michael's and nope they don't have either, None at Costso or Sam's Club. I guess I'll have to order mine online:think

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The LYS where I work is special ordering it...I guess it's safe to say I'll get a copy. (If not, I'll order online if I have to) I love the 06...some I know I saw online, but so what...What I've heard about this one (07)...I can't wait to get mine.

I got mine today! Now, here is the big question...Do I destroy the whole things tonight and go through it and make two piles of "keep" and "toss"? Or, should I be a good girl and not even open it until 2007 and actually use it as a calendar and be surprised everyday?

Decisions, decisions, decisions.....:think

I have looked around here for it and can't find it in any stores. Found a listing online but they are saying it's not even available here yet :(

Try Amazon.com, I know they have it.:hook

Oh Lucky, Lucky calender owners you are.....I have to wait until I get back to the States to pick up mine.....hope they still have them in May:blush ! If I want to order one now it will cost me a small fortune to have it mailed to Morocco! Enjoy your bounties!:hook

Thanks Mary Jo, it was actually Amazon.ca (Canadian version) I was speaking about. I could order it, but they are still showing it as "not yet released" meaning they have no idea when it will be available--it must have something to do with getting it from the American publishers up here.

Oh well, I suppose if I still can't find it anywhere here I can try to order it through them.

I just found the pattern a day crochet 2007 calendar at my local Sam's club I just bought it today, and the best part was that it was just $7.87 just thought I would post since others were having problems finding it, they also had the pattern a day knit calendar, as well as the scrapbooking one. The patterns look fanastic I just don't know what to try first hopes this helps

coffeeandcrochet(but dr. took me off coffee lol)

The "2007 Crochet Pattern a Day" finally just yesterday came into our Barnes and Noble and my WONDERFUL daughter bought it for me! I am so excited, there are several patterns in the calendar that I have already listed on the monthly reminder cards.:clap

Oh Lucky, Lucky calender owners you are.....I have to wait until I get back to the States to pick up mine.....hope they still have them in May:blush ! If I want to order one now it will cost me a small fortune to have it mailed to Morocco! Enjoy your bounties!:hook

Have you got a place in the states you can have it shipped to until you get back? Saves risking finding one in May:eek If not, have it shipped to me (PM me) and I'll send it to you next spring.

Well I got mine, I'm not a happy camper :angry . The main reson I bought it the Spiderweave Shrug is not in it. A bunch of the patterns in it are free on the net. I figured the patterns would be bound together like a note book, wrong.

Now comes the question, do any of you have an idea on what should I do to keep the pattens nice. Like a binder of some sort. The paper is so thin that I'm worried that they won't last long without some kind of protection.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got mine today, and with one of my Joann's 40% off coupons making it just under $7US. Woot! But I have a question about one of the patterns.

Can anyone tell me what the Metropolis Popover is? I *think* it's a sort of tube/popover top? Or is it something else? It just shows a pic with nothing inside, no body, nuthin!

There are a lot of lovely patterns and some not so lovely and some just downright silly, but funny, like the doggie muscle T and the baby disguises.

All in all, worth the money I paid, I think.:clap

Well I got mine, I'm not a happy camper :angry . The main reson I bought it the Spiderweave Shrug is not in it. A bunch of the patterns in it are free on the net. I figured the patterns would be bound together like a note book, wrong.

Now comes the question, do any of you have an idea on what should I do to keep the pattens nice. Like a binder of some sort. The paper is so thin that I'm worried that they won't last long without some kind of protection.

What I do with mine is this:

I get a binder and some of those plastic sleeves. I take some scotch tape and tape 2 days worth of patterns together and place in the sleeve. It not only makes it easier to find what you're looking for, but less chance of tearing, losing or spilling something on the patterns.

P.S. Yes, many of the patterns are avail on line but as with last years calendar, there were about a dozen patterns I made that were not "free" on the net so in my opinion, it's totally worth it!

[Can anyone tell me what the Metropolis Popover is? I *think* it's a sort of tube/popover top? Or is it something else? It just shows a pic with nothing inside, no body, nuthin!

Hah,

I have NOOOOO Idea. I looked and looked at the picture and couldn't figure it out for anything. I have not idea if it's the size of clothinig or a cup holder. I am glad I'm not the only one who is confused. I will try googling it and see if I come up with anything.

I found this link: http://crochetliving.com/PatternInformation.asp?ID=12 It says the popover is a bonus pattern when you order the poncho; but still doesn't say what it is.

Angie

I always buy the plastic sheets that are sectioned off for 5x7 pictures and just slide them inside the sleeves, then just keep them in a ring bound notebook. I hope its worth it, as I bought mine as a present.

I don't have the calendar yet so I don't know what it looks like. I did a search and came up with this:

http://www.crochetliving.com/patterns/strawlace-pon.htm

Is that it? If so, looks like just another poncho.

No, it kinda looks like one of those coffee cozies, but longer and much more open-worked. I am going to go ahead and assume it's some sort of wearable, because it says the circumference is around 30", but if it is some sort of wearable, what part of my body would be 30" around? Maybe, my waist, but then it would fall to my hips, but I wouldn't be able to put it on because it doesn't have any sort of drawstring or opening other than the 30". A ponchette? Perhaps, but it looks to slender to be one. Maybe I should just make one to find out kinda like a mystery pattern, or probably more practical, email the designer and ask? Do you think that would be insulting?:lol

You never know where it will show up. The other day I was in Annie Sez, which is a clothing and accessories store in my area, and as I was wandering around, I came up to the area where they have picture frames, gifts, things like that. What do I see there but the Crochet 2007 Pattern A Day Calendar, don't think it was discounted like the clothing and shoes are.

Meanwhile, some of the book stores don't have it. Go figure!!!

LI Roe

Archived