Avalance Hat and Mittens

addictedtoyarn

I just finished these mittens and hat I have to say I purchased the patterns from http://www.crochetgarden.com. These patterns looked really intimidating with the cables and all but the patterns were so well written they were actually REALLY easy! I also love the patterns because they incorporate and invisible join when doing the hats in the round you actually cannot see the join because of the way the pattern is written I am so excited about these because they turned out so nice!(Well I think they are nice anyway):wgrin They are really thick and warm and fit me perfectly! I am making a whole bunch of these for Christmas gifts for the whole family(think I can get 20+ sets done in time?):hook as the patterns are easily adaptable to kids(hat pattern comes in kid sizes) as well as any adult size

avalanchemittens.jpg

avalanchehat.jpg

Those turned out great. I haven't bought the mitten and hat patterns yet (have the scarves), mainly because I haven't gotten the "okay" from hubby, but I just love her patterns so much. Actually, I think I may head on over there and buy them anyway!!!! The hubby is at the movies with the boys tonight; I think a couple patterns at Crochet Garden cost as much as his movie experience. :)

Nicole

Aren't I a devil?

Oh, they are BEAUTIFUL!! Great job!! That gives me a lot of hope. I bought all the patterns today--scarves, hats, mittens, and snowflake hats! I am sooo psyched and excited to start them. I'm a little scared about the complicated stitches but Lisa did such a terrific job with such detailed instructions, diagrams, and pictures that I think I will be able to figure it out.

Nicole, I'm laughing at your message because I'm in the same boat as you...I didn't ask my husband if I could order these! I figured it was easier to get forgiven after I did it. :) He's been so patient with me and my weekly "Honey, I just need one or two more skeins...honest..." trips to WalMart, Michaels and Roberts...poor guy! :D

What a wonderful set! I really liked this pattern when she first posted it here and was debating about buying it. It's nice to know that it is easy to follow and that the result is so pretty. Nice job!

Nicole, I'm laughing at your message because I'm in the same boat as you...I didn't ask my husband if I could order these! I figured it was easier to get forgiven after I did it. :) He's been so patient with me and my weekly "Honey, I just need one or two more skeins...honest..." trips to WalMart, Michaels and Roberts...poor guy! :D

:lol I totally understand your situation, obviously. I *did* get the patterns, and I haven't an ounce of regret. :)

they really are beautiful patterns.

Nicole

You did an Awesome job. I am currently working on the same hat, but mine doesn't look as good as yours. (I'm really bad at the whole gauge thing. I can't NEVER NEVER NEVER get it.) So mine will be bigger than intended. Oh well.

Awesome JOb

Val

These are great! So much nicer than any kind of ready-made set you could buy in a store Are they for you or are they going to be a gift for someone? :hook

Beautiful job! Those turned out great! I made a different hat that is available for free on her site....and I have to agree with you...they look tough, but the instructions are very easy to follow...I learned how to work cables making this hat

http://www.crochetgarden.com/winterhat.html

yours are perfect for the Winter season fast approaching! Thanks for sharing....:hug

Archived