Anyone from the Pacific North-wet?

The Shrone

:clap Hi! I live in Long Beach in southwest WA. right on the coast, I'm an 1/8 of a mile from the ocean. We moved here 3 1/2 years ago from Bullhead City AZ.:clap

Carolyn:hook

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:) Hi!!

I'm from the pacific middle-dry!! you bet it's dry here, anyone who has lived out here in the desert knows what I'm talking about!!!!!

That's cool so many crocheters from Wa.:cheer

How many are from around , or in the Mojave desert???

:mdust:mug:hook:mdust

Have A happy Crochet kinda Day!!!!!!!

Howdy... I'm from the Pacific North Dry... not inside your brackets, but in the same state. I'm in Spokane. Its interesting isn't it how many Washingtonians are here. I wonder why?

I'm in Brewster, about 2 1/2 hours southwest, but still still very dry - unless you factor in the Columbia River about 500 yards from my house! It's great to see so many Washingtonians here.

Yes! Recently moved to Shelton from northern Virginia. I've been having fun with my crocheting and other crafts since we moved. Love the quilt shop in Centralia. Have you been to the yarn shop in Shelton? Fancy Image Yarns? She has some beautiful things. Glad to hear of other crocheters in the region.

--Claire:hi

I teach at Shelton High School....

• 3 weeks later...

:think I thought we could share a bit about what we crochet, eh?

I know what my sis does, but perhaps she'd share some of her work. I like to crochet thread doilies, although I'm not opposed to afghans for those cold, damp autumns, springs, winters (and occasionally summers!)!

I wonder if we have "regionalities" (things we crochet in common because we live in this neck of the woods)...I'd be curious to know what styles of crochet folks do and such.

I like pineapples, wheats and usually lacy kinds of old-fashioned doilies typically--using 20 or 30 thread. I've got many of Patricia Kristofferson's pattern books, but haven't really made many of hers yet--tho' in the works.

Just some thoughts.

Looks like we are spread out all over the state of Washington :think I guess we do spend a lot of time indoors because of the rain, (which it is severely doing right now along with strong winds and I am crocheting :hook ) maybe that's why there are alot of crocheters here. :D

MamaHooks~ I am right outside of Mac. I can see the airport and air museum from the top of my property. Where do you do your shopping? Have you been to the Giggling Stitch on 1st? We should meet up for coffee or something.

:hook

Elizabeth

• 2 weeks later...
wahhhhhhhhh!! I used to live in Burien! I have an uncle who lives in Chehalis....that is really close to Centralia...or am I wrong? Oh darned this montana.....lol

We're called the Twin Cities because the two blend together, though technically there is a 3 mile "gap" between the two towns. I'm fairly close to the dividing line between the cities.

~ Lori

Don't know why I haven't posted on this one yet. I too live in rain country,:rain Gig Harbor, Wa. area. Actually I live on the Key Peninsula but no one has any idea where that is when I tell them. I don't mind the rain though, it just means I get to crochet more.:hook

I am amazed at how many Northwesterners we have on the board. Our little corner of the country is well representated on the forum. :yay

I live about 20 minutes south of Seattle, and I don't mind the rain either :D especially the (rare) thunderstorms. And I love to sit in the hot tub in the rain:eek ! or curl up with a good book (or current WIP) by the fire.... :manyheart

~K

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My hubby and I had a very drenched camping experience at Penrose State Park up on Key Peninsula. And there is a Renaissance Fair up in that area every year. I love that area, but it's so far off the beaten path for both our jobs the gas would be outrageous.

We occasionally, however, take a road trip:2blush once in a while to the parks in that area just to get away but not so far as to need a place to stay overnight (we live in Olympia).

I was going to mention, however, that recently the rain has stopped and it's been downright HOT and uncomfortable!:sweat So much for Pacific North-wet! I actually like the rain...since it does indeed provide more time for crocheting and other handicrafts.

Don't know why I haven't posted on this one yet. I too live in rain country,:rain Gig Harbor, Wa. area. Actually I live on the Key Peninsula but no one has any idea where that is when I tell them. I don't mind the rain though, it just means I get to crochet more.:hook

I am amazed at how many Northwesterners we have on the board. Our little corner of the country is well representated on the forum. :yay

• 2 months later...

Just thought I'd bump up this thread in case there are more northwesterners on the board since the last time this thread has been added to. I need to update myself as well; I'm no longer with the Kitsap Fancy Crocheter's Guild, but I am DEFINITELY still crocheting to the bone and thoroughly enjoying this art! I donated some crocheted blankies and (machine sewn with fabric) pillows for the animals at the Kitsap Humane Society this past December for Christmas. Feels so good to give back!

Also, I'm done with school now, so I regularly drive back and forth to just about all points between Bremerton and Seattle (which includes Port Orchard, Gig Harbor, Tacoma, Federal Way, Auburn, Kent, Des Moines, Burien, etc.) ! ! ! :drive

Archived