Anyone from the Pacific North-wet?

The Shrone

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
Looks like we are spread out all over the state of Washington :think I guess we do spend a lot of time indoors because of the rain, (which it is severely doing right now along with strong winds and I am crocheting :hook ) maybe that's why there are alot of crocheters here. :D

I wonder if we could start a Cal and see what state has the most CV'ers in it? :think

Until last year, I worked in Shelton at the high school. Might I know your name?

I used to live in Shelton Washington before moving to Wyoming. We plan on moving back to washington sometime next yr. I can't wait that is where all my family is.

Yes, it's TRUE! A glimmer of Sasquatch was caught downtown Olympia this morning by "yours truly" and SHE was hanging out by a tree hook in hand making nothing less than an afghan of GRANNIE SQUARES!:devil

I asked her hairyness if she ever did doilies, and she grunted "of course!"

I urge everyone to sit in the shade before summer ends, with crochet in hand, just like our friend Sassy, and do a little crocheting in the sun!:hot

[sasquatch sighting location was changed for her protection.]

[The previous story was false:eek, but the message about crocheting in the sun was true.] :sofunny

Just remember if Bigfoot can crochet, YOU CAN TOO!-

• 4 weeks later...

I am just south of Tacoma in Steilacoom, but I grew up in Bellingham and go there to visit family. I love

Marilyn's Yarns in Bellingham, and The Beach Basket Yarns and Gifts shop out in Birch Bay ( can't find a web site but can find their number online). I also got to go to Great Yarns in Everett on my way back from a trip to B'ham. I stopped there because I knew that they carried Malabrigo. That was also a "Great" shop and very helpful and fun (and they knew I was a crocheter!)!!

I also have my DMIL out on the peninsula in Grapeview. So I got to go to Fancy Image Yarns in Shelton since it was only about 15 min. away. I love that shop. I had looked it up online but the pictures of her yarn did not do them justice. I wouldn't have bought them from the pictures, but when I saw them in person!!!!, boy, I would have taken one in each color scheme!!! Can't wait until I can go back.

We just spent the last four years in Vermont. It was nice, but I am so glad to be back in the Northwest. I love seeing mountains wherever I go! And I certainly won't miss the snow there!! Or the minus temps much of the winter. In Vermont I had a great LYS, but there was really only one other in the area. I am excited to be in an area now where there are so many that I can visit. Stormy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi! I live on the Long Beach Peninsula, in Southwest WA. :hook I Love to crochet, do some knitting, sew, paint, draw, and love to cook, and bake. I have lived here for around 5 years, moved here from Arizona, and I grew up in IN. Carolyn

Ooh I am! I'm in Seattle, live in University district, work in Pioneer Square. (I live within eyeshot of "Weaving Works", that's why my stash is so big. :hook

As for what I like to crochet, I am kind of a crochet hipster. :blush I love amigurumi, hats, scarves, fingerless gloves, stuff that doesn't take too long to make, heh.

• 1 month later...

We just drove through Lynden, Washington on Friday, small world. My husband had an interview in Acme on Wednesday and then we drove up to Maple Falls to look at houses. Friday we decided to go back up and look around the area. It's beautiful up there and everyone is so friendly.

We're back in Oregon now waiting to hear about the job.

Ofcourse another Washingtonian here, I'm in Vancouver. I just went through all the postings and it was great to see so many from around he Pac NW. Hubby makes a lot of deliveries in the Puget Sound Area. When I go with him we usually are in the Tri Cities, Spokane and Clarkston/Lewiston area.

Nice to see someone mention The Dalles, a lot of times no one knows where that is, it is where I met hubby, we still have family there. Will be getting ready to make a trip there next weekend. The son and his fiance are going there in the next few days.

Pam

Well, I'm from San Diego, Ca., but my heart is in Washington! My daughter and family live in Rochester, so my husband and I go there for three weeks over July 4th, and also for Christmas. I LOVE the outlet center in Centralia, and I also have a cousin in Puyallup. Some day we are hoping to move up there, We are already retired, but some medical issues will keep us here for a while.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I live in the North-wet --- in Tualatin, just south of Portland, OR. A small group of crocheters here just formed an Oregon Chapter of the CGOA. Let me know if you're interested in more info --- we met for the first time last Saturday afternoon in Tigard, and will start meeting monthly on the 2nd Saturday. Hope it sounds fun to you all. I would love to meet more like-minded crafters!

Shawnee

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey There! I am here in beautiful Redmond. Nice to know I have pals out here. I'll be submitting entries in the Puallyup and Evergreen fairs. Anyone else? if so, I would love to chat with you. We are having such beautiful weather that I plan to sit out on my deck and work on one of my many projects. I would love to hear from you.

• 2 months later...

Archived