I'm in IL,

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I live down in Central IL, near Champaign...but there was someone i talked to a while ago up in Rockford too...they were talking about a LYS up there that I plan to visit and meet up with her at. I think I've got her name saved in my PMs.

• Like 1

I live down in Central IL, near Champaign...but there was someone i talked to a while ago up in Rockford too...they were talking about a LYS up there that I plan to visit and meet up with her at. I think I've got her name saved in my PMs.

Shelly I just went to those stores on Saturday. They were closed and I am going to back up there very soon.

Shelly I just went to those stores on Saturday. They were closed and I am going to back up there very soon.

How fun. I haven't been able to find a time to go up there...it's crazy right now here because I have several volunteer events I'm in charge of...after the middle of May things should calm down some and then I hope to get a chance to go up there!

There is a really nice yarn shop in Marengo called The Fold. I was very impressed by the variety. Here is a link to some photos I took:

http://kimguzman.bravejournal.com/entry/16340

Im in Granite City which is about 10 mins from St Louis and way far away from all of you!

I'm near Edwardsville. :) I think there's a lady here from Fairview Heights, too. It's kind of cool to know there are people on the board so close to where I'm at.

I'm in beautiful Crystal Lake, Illinois. Moved out here 15 years ago, just before my daughter was born. I have loved it since I got here.

I'm also in the town of the big Controversy, the using of Crystal Lake for Chicago's Gay Games Rowing contest. To me, people are people and if they want to use our lake, we should welcome them to our area. After all, they will be spending money to participate, to eat in restaurants, etc. so why not welcome them.

And besides, it is only one day. We can let them do it. I am just hoping there are no problems at the beach that day. My daughter is a lifeguard and will be on duty.

Linda:cheer

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know why I didn't see this thread before.

I'm in DeKalb, formerly of Rockford/Rockton. We have a SnB that meets in DeKalb on alternate Mondays. Is there a Rockford stitching group? It would be fun to get some stitchy time in when I visit my folks.

Cheers!

Kathy

Not that it helps much NOW, but I grew up in Lemont and lived in Joliet for most of my adult life... until I decided to move alllllllllll the way to England!

:D

I just thought I'd pop in here to see some town names I'd RECOGNIZE!! :hook