I'm in IL,

• 2 weeks later...
i had no idea skokie had shops for my addiction!!!

i always just shop online... or go to michael's which is a total rip off...

oh yeah elgin w00t! i used to live there, its the bomb

Oh please tell me where in Skokie?????:2eek

Cuz I live in Niles and go to Michaels too. I really need to find somewhere else

I have a friend that lives in Schaumburg. Don't get to see here much because I live in Indiana.

Carol:hook

I'm near Schaumburg! About 30 miles west of Chicago. I find it hard to believe there are so few of us on this great board.

• 3 weeks later...
I recently moved back to IL from MN. I left a town with 2 LYS and I am having a hard time finding one in my area. I'm out near Aurora now. Any favorites someone can recommend?

there is one in genva il wool store near the court house there is a hobby lobby on galena ave there is michaels by hwy 88 by the outlet mall if you are more near naperville there is a couple there too more into downers grove there is a wool shop in dekalb il i have to think more on the names of the roads there are on think there is on in sugar grove or is that sandwich sorry to early to think i'm in dekalb there is some in rockford too

• 4 weeks later...
Here's a list of LYS's in Illinois http://www.sweaterbabe.com/directoryIL.htm

I didn't know there was one in Harvard. I say it's time for a field trip!

The one I like is near Marengo, called "The Fold". It's a great store, and they like both knitters and crocheters! So much to choose from. Yarns, patterns, hooks, needles, raw wool for spinning and so much more. It's worth the drive.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a note here to my fellow Illinoisians.

Come out to the 2nd Annual Fiber and Folk Art Fair in Beautiful Crystal Lake,IL in July.

check out the link in my signature for more information. They moved it to the McHenry County College this year so that they can have access to nice, air conditioned classrooms.

It will be awesome.

If you need any information, please pm me and I will be glad to help you out. I can't wait. It should be a lot of fun! Last year, they had four huge tents of vendors, classes, art gallery, food court, beer garden and more. It was fantastic. And I was glad they could do it again this year.

Come on out, everyone. It will be worth the drive!

:manyheart

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
I moved from Herrick, Il too Effingham, Il. I'm about 2 hours away from springfield. And about an hour and 20 min from decatur I think.

fathers family is in effingham bet it has changed since i was down there loved the summer down there at the lake uncles home made moon spirits and huntin doggies lol the southern in coming out in me again good rembers

I'm in Champaign-Urbana...good old U of I.

MMMMMMMM mmmmmmmm PAPA DELS PIZZA CAN YOU EMAIL SOME TO ME ppppphhhhh lllleeeeaaase o baby mouth in watering best deep pizza ever had a co worker mother lives down there and i gave him money to get me pizzas to bring bad to me (now he is hooked on it lol) my sonz and husband didn't know until i cooked them SURPRISE o m g good times driving down for the weekend for pizza o how i found papa married a college student from there 35 years laterly still married to him lol

fathers family is in effingham bet it has changed since i was down there loved the summer down there at the lake uncles home made moon spirits and huntin doggies lol the southern in coming out in me again good rembers

It's changing every day. Gotten bigger. Got a brand spanken new High School a few years ago. Now their building a giant fedex building here. We are getting a lot of new places, but no LYS. Sucks!

Jelly bean It's been a long time since i looked at this part of the board as it seems no one is ever remotely close to me as i live in lake in the hills, but you are not too far from me.Ever get out this way? Interested maybe or know of a group of ladies that might want to get together to crochet and talk ? IF so ,just pm me.

Edited by danucia2
forgott to reply to JELLY BEAN

It's changing every day. Gotten bigger. Got a brand spanken new High School a few years ago. Now their building a giant fedex building here. We are getting a lot of new places, but no LYS. Sucks!

you would think they would with the big truck stops they have west of town heard there is large outlet mallnorth of town not even there wow

We have the Village Square Mall, which is lost alot of businesses. Walmart has gotten bigger, Menards, Sears, Kmart is still around. Rural King, got a Kohls last year. Lots of truck stops, bars, resturaunts, gas stations, hotels. Even got a theatre, The Rosebud, which is bringing in a few famous people. Here a while back we had Ron White the comedian, this month Stix is going to be here.

• 3 months later...