how does your stash grow?

are you a hoarder, an aquirer, a clearance buyer. most of my stock comes from clearance sale purchases and every once in a while i get a big box from grandma (she is an aquirer) of all the ww she has aquired and doesnt use. so to the rest of you out there what is your type? did i leave out any other types? and of course all of you combos out there too!:yarn

Most of the time, I am a hoarder, but I do get some yarn on sale and some as gifts. Some yarns I buy on impulse and some I buy because I need it for a project. The funniest purchases I make, is when I buy yarn, just because I like to look at it and feel it! LOL! The more my stash grows, the happier I am! :D

Must have more yarn.....must have more, must have more!......

My family has grown accustomed to giving me yarn in bribery for making them stuff. My nephew bought 2 skeins of WW for me in addition to the yarn I needed to make his girlfriend a purse. So its working out well.

I also buy it when I see it and I think, "Oh I could make..." so I get it and then it goes in my stash.

I also get gift certificates for every gift giving event. I think I am by far the easiest person to shop for!

:clap yes yes...the look and the feel....that was definitely the "sale" at the dollar tree this weekend. the feel...that was it, I was pondering...and then....I put it up to my face and rubbed it:yarn ...YARN glorious YARN...."SOLD to the lady in the bathing suit who came in to buy cheap foam floaty things!":blush I'd been looking at that stinking yarn for weeks, without a project in my head and then I felt it...and I just didn't care anymore...forget the 7 WIPS at home...whats one more?:yes ..gosh I never did buy those floaty things!

YES! to all of your types of stash builders. I buy yarn that's on sale. I get yarn from others. I cannot let a good 40% off coupon to JoAnn's go unspended, so I always find something to use it on. :yarn :yarn :yarn :yarn

My stash comes from store sales. Wall-Mart. JoAnn's, Michaels, and AcMoores. TeeHee. I love it all. Ha. PINKROSES

I suppose I'm a hoarder... I get some items on clearance, but usually I just go in and get the fun yarn and then decide what to do with it later.

I used to keep a list of all the stuff I was about out of then replenish if it went on sale. The last time I stocked up, I went a little nuts with thread. 2 of every color ball. Jeez, lots of dough for little balls! But hey, I am keeping busy with it! And I always ask for gift cards for Bday, Valentines, Mom's day, etc. and I usually get at least one. I also buy as projects come up. Sometimes, for no reason. I think we are all like that to some degree, being as how we ADDICTED! :lol :lol

:yarn :yarn :yarnI think mine breed in the dark . . :yarn :yarn :yarn When ever I root around in my stash for an idea, or just to soak in the sweet smell:c9, I always find stuff I can not remember acquiring . . :eek:blush:c9

• 3 weeks later...

I've gotten most of my yarn stash from LavenderBear and Breger3, for the charity items we make. It's actually pretty rare that I end up buying yarn, and I only do so when I have a specific project in mind for it.

I dont usually buy yarn unless I have a project in mind...but about a month ago my walmart had all kinds of novelty yarn onsale so I bought a bunch dont know what I will make with it but I got it.

I'm an ebayer, I sorta buy on impulse (only happened twice so far - I'm good at controlling myself) like when I'm browsing random lots of yarn that people put together and I find one with colors and types of yarn that I know I'll use. In the beginning I'd look at HL and Michael's ads in the newspaper to see if any yarn I like was on sale but now if I buy yarn from stores it's usually just when I'm doing my monthly shopping at wal-mart and I see some yarn I like that's on sale. Hey, what can I say? I'm a poor college student but I love crocheting and I don't like to see my yarn stash dwindle...

Mine grows all by itself. I go to the craft store for something else and the next thing I know there are all kinds of skeins in my cart. How did that happen :think Sometimes I dream of :yarn. And magically it is on sale. Can't pass up a bargain, so what if I have a zillion wips and ufos, what's a few more :shrug

I think I may be a little of all. I just spent my fair check on more yarn and thread although I have projects picked out for them. However my husband is a clearance nut, yesterday when he took me shopping he got me 20 balls off the clearance rack. Hey I won't complain, I'll find a use for them

Foolish me to think I was the only one with this condition. For someone who has only been crocheting for about 4 months, I seem to have a closet almost full of yarns. I can't stay out of AC Moore. And I can't let their discount coupons go to waste! And the bins of mill ends! Other customers recognize my feet sticking out of the bins, and say hello to me. Well you never know when we might have a snowstorm this winter and I'll need something to work on while snowed in. At the rate I'm going now, I can work right through the next Ice Age! So what's wrong with that?

BP

pretty colors and soft yarn :hyper

most of the time i have no idea what im gonna do with it but o well!!

and then i wind up with tons of 1 skeins and i go to make something and i run outta yarn so i have to drag someone to the store to help me find more...

happened twice recently, grandmom wanted to kill me (and one of them was discontinued so i had to find a similar color...thankfully i found one that worked)

i also steal from my grandmom :devil (she doesnt mind)

or i think of a project, buy yarn for it, and then never do it... lol, or i'll try to do it and it wont work out so the yarn goes back to my tote

i stealy my aunts WW, not a big fan of her huge baby yarn collection. I also just go to the local craft store and look around if i find something i'll pick it up with the thought of I'll find a use for it eventually. Speaking of I just found out I have and ACMoore by me so I am gonna head over tomorrow and give it a look see, Knowing me I'll come home with TOO much stuff lol

I started off just buying what i needed for a project. then I advanced to snatching up things that were on sale. Now I have to buy yarn in every city that I visit!

I guess I am just a yarn addict! and that is how my stash grows!

I'm terrible about collecting different yarns, I have alot of here in different containers & still catch myself going through the yarn aisle for even more & different colors! My family thinks I'm nuts!:eek

Archived