how does your stash grow?

With alarming speed!!!! In addition to the hundreds and hundreds of skeins of yarn that was donated to my volunteer group years ago (and no one wanted to store it except me) that is part of my stash, I am always lookout for new colors in yarn (and then promptly buy several skeins without any project in mind) and if it is on sale or clearance, well, then it just jumps into my cart or basket and I happily take it to its new home. And you'd be surprised where you find yarn. I have gotten it at Dollar Tree, discount stores, drug stores. It pops up everywhere and since we are all yarnaholics, we can smell it a mile away!! And I use my coupons too!!!

Happy shopping!!!

LI Roe

I usually only buy yarn when I have a specific project in mind.... problem is i usually have 6 projects going, and 6 more on my mind, lol!! So my stash is FILLED with yarn that is dedicated to a project, that I someday want to do.... and so my stash grows and grows...

• 1 month later...

i had a shopping addiction long before yarn and crochet came into my life. first it was purses. (actually, it's always been purses... until i started making my own). then shoes. then clothes. then i got a sewing machine and then i just kept buying fabric. then i got bored with sewing and took up crochet. now if i see a pretty/soft/different yarn, i get a vague idea in mind for a project, or if i've only seen it at one store, i'll be afraid i wont find it again and buy a ton of it. then i get it home and i think of a million other things i could do with it and then i can't decide, because i can never decide anything. plus, i took a bunch of my mom's yarn before i started buying my own lol so i have a bunch of ww odds and ends that i want to add to so someday i can make a big weird scrap blanket.

I try to buy nice yarn because if I am going to spend that much time on it I want it to be a good quality creation. My stash grows fairly steadily, I would say I go to my local yarn shop a couple of times a month.

I buy it with coupons and then the cleareence items and it becomes my stash that i acquired and then i start a project find i dont have enough to finish so i buy more than i need and put it back in the stash but no matter how fast i use it the stash gets bigger? I think there is something fishy about that! my husband now points me to the clearance aisles! too funny....never used to do that but he likes to see finished projects!

Archived