Filet Rose

Inch

An attempt at filet crochet. It came out too wide and not tall enough. The instructions said to use 4dc filet and that's what I did. Any theories on where I went wrong? :D Can I stretch it and iron it or something?

I might frame it will give it to my sister as a birthday present which is still weeks away.

Anyway, here it is:

smallDSCF6421.jpg

And here is where i found the pattern:

http://crochet.about.com/library/blfilet1rose.htm

Inch

You really did do a nice job if this is your first filet project well done.

Unfortunately most filet work does end up shorter than expected. I use an extended dc for all my filet work. It works up squarer than a plain dc, And yes by all means you can block it or iron it to make it look nicer yet

Here's my instructions for an Extended Double Crochet

Edc = Extended Double Crochet which is done in this manner, Begin normal double crochet till three loops on hook instead of yo and drawing though 2 loops yo and draw thought 1 loop, you will still have 3 loops on your hook when you have done this, proceed to finish the stitch in the normal manner. This will give you a slightly longer than normal dc, This stitch works wonderfully for filet work.

This is the instructions I use for my designs

Very nice. I would wash it then iron it - I often use spray starch on my thread work. It should be more even then and unnoticeable.

I don't think you went wrong any where - I am working on a filet that is about 5 foot wide - I don't know how long it will be - of the 'last supper' as a wall hanging for my mom's Easter present - but have run out of thread (knit cro sheen), am awaiting delivery from US (am in UK) and cannot get it here - and am panicking that it won't be finished. Any way when doing the blocks my rows seem to be wider, but after a wash and iron, it should be fine.

Well done on your hard work. :hook

I crochet the rose and I am now doingthe Thistle that is on the same board I will fram them They are nice

You did a nice job with it it will be ok when you block it

It's beautiful for your first filet work. My first filet also turned out wider. When I tested Kathy's Priceless Peridot using extended dc's, it turned out more square which I liked very much.

It has turned out lovely Inch. I am sure your sister will love the fact that you made this for her.

Here's my instructions for an Extended Double Crochet

Edc = Extended Double Crochet which is done in this manner, Begin normal double crochet till three loops on hook instead of yo and drawing though 2 loops yo and draw thought 1 loop, you will still have 3 loops on your hook when you have done this, proceed to finish the stitch in the normal manner. This will give you a slightly longer than normal dc, This stitch works wonderfully for filet work.

This is the instructions I use for my designs

Sorry for the English, Australians out there, does this sound like a double treble to you????

I think it turned out quite lovely! I would suggest blocking it, to give it more of the shape you want. It will look just fabulous framed! Nice work!

:turtle Turtleheart :turtle

Archived