crochet necklace with shells now w/ rough pattern

moonrhythm

here's a necklace that turned out to be a great afternoon project and my daughter was able to wear it to dinner last night! :] i've had the shell's for years and never attempted making anything w/ them until now! this one was a quick "get-her-over" and "see-if-you-can-do-it" deal and i like how it turned out, even with the mistakes i made. next time, i'll do better! maybe get a little more fancier w/ my stitching too.

front view

http://www.flickr.com/photos/moonrhythm/110715240/

side view

http://www.flickr.com/photos/moonrhythm/110715124/

UPDATE: you can now click on the above "front view" link and get a rough pattern!

Beautiful, I love the brown thread you used, what exactly is it?

it's cotton thread. not sure of brand because it comes from my stash and label is missing.

thanks for the comments crocheter's~**

Very pretty! :yay Can you tell us where you got the pattern?:hook

sorry mimicat! no pattern. i drew up a quick sketch in order for me to string the beads correctly and started w/ an easy mesh pattern, then added a few chains and triple crochet's for the lower piece. i can maybe come up with a rough pattern, if you'd like.

thanks for the comments crocheter's. :]

Very elegant. You did a beautiful job. I keep trying to psych myself up to do a crocheted necklace, but too many other projects are hanging over me.

WOW - that is beautiful. It looks like it came from an expensive boutique, and you made it in an afternoon! If you do create a pattern, I know I'd love to see it (I am so jealous of those who can create on the fly. . . .)

Wow..it's pretty! Could you do up the pattern??? Pleaseeeeee:hook

thank you silkymist~* i just added a very rough pattern. you can click on the front view link to see it. i'll eventually work on being more specific w/ pattern when i get the time to do so. :]

Gee you are a clever cookie. It looks fantastic and the brown is certainly the right colour choice for the shells.

• 1 month later...

very pretty, My teenaged daughter saw it and says she wants one! Is The pattern available?

Did you buy the shells with the holes in them already or did you make the holes in them?

Just found the pattern on your blog....thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

thanks for the lovely compliments crocheters~** i'm thrilled that a few of you have tried it out! if you post pics, please send me a private message do i don't miss it!

about those shell holes, believe it or not, they were "found" that way. i imagine one could use a small drill thingy! or perhaps a craft supply place will have shells with holes in them. You can always use favorite beads in place of the shells.

stacy25: it's good to hear you were able to follow the pattern. i have a bad habit of making something and THEN writing a pattern down. i'm learning to take notes as i go.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived