Babysteps towards a tablecloth

Nefermiw

Using Word again I have arranged the square so you can see how it would look like if the flowers are arranged in a line (two leaves touching) or in squares (four leaves touching).

Click here to see my blog entry about it.

As soon as I finish my blouse that I am working on, I should get started on crocheting at least 5 squares each week.

:hook

Beautiful square. I love the colors too. You did a wonderful job on it. I started a thread tablecloth when I got married almost 8 years ago and I am about 1/3 of the way done. I just keep plugging along doing a few motifs each year so maybe by the time I am 80 it will be complete and will be my masterpeice.

That would make a beautiful table cloth. I can only imagine all the time it would take but it would be breathtaking when done. Please do post a picture.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

The second arrangement is lovely since the green corners form a motif of their own. While changing colours if you crochet over the loose end of the previous colour then you wont have to go mad weaving them in at the end.

Lovely, and my first thought was the same as Kathy's....to place the orientataion of the squares all the same way.....but the second way you presented it is pretty too...technology is fun! Good luck with making it...just make one or two squares every day,and you will have it finished in no time!

Using Word again I have arranged the square so you can see how it would look like if the flowers are arranged in a line (two leaves touching) or in squares (four leaves touching).

Click here to see my blog entry about it.

As soon as I finish my blouse that I am working on, I should get started on crocheting at least 5 squares each week.

:hook

-------------

They're both beautiful (I love the colors you're using, and that pretty square pattern), but I think I like the second one, with the leaves touching, a little bit more.

This is going to be a lovely tablecloth!

Beautiful. That tablecloth will be gorgeous. You can do it. If you get tired of it, put it aside for awhile as a WIP and pick it up again a bit later, You will get it done. We would like very much to see your tablecloth when it is completed.

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived