Couple of felted purses

Sonny321

I made these 2 bags using the "Well Traveled Bag" pattern. It's a great pattern. The purple striped one is mine and the blue and green one is for my mother in law for her birthday. My only complaint is that either the blue or the green that I have next to the tan stripe on the blue bag, seems to have muddied the color of the tan stripe somewhat. Still they turned out well and I am working on another one in shades of blue for my sister's birthday.

I LOVE mine, I added an inside pocket and sewed in a small loop made out of I-cord to hang my sunglasses on. I used some Wool of the Andes from Knit picks. It felted beautifully.

Here's mine:

th_ad3ca65c.jpg

Here's Mother in law's:

th_edef9511.jpg

I LOVE mine, I added an inside pocket and sewed in a small loop made out of I-cord to hang my sunglasses on. I used some Wool of the Andes from Knit picks. It felted beautifully.

Those came out great! What a cool idea for your sun glasses! I want to get some of the KnitPicks yarn to try. I've been using Cascade 220 and it felts really well. It makes a VERY sturdy bag, but sometimes I'd like just a bit more drape.

Did you add your handles before or afer you felted it?

Joan

Just got my yarn from knit pics to do that purse.. that is a popular pattern...can't wait to start it. Nice job!

I just got my yarn from Knit Picks to do one too.

Sonny321: What are your handles? You didn't use leather did you?

Archived